Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
personally i wouldnt do self home waxing, and a lot of waxing products that you would get at the store cant be used on ur face.... id just go to a salon to get it done. it hurts at first but its not that bad.... plus there are a ton of male salons now that specialize in beard waxing. (but im in la so it could just be here......, hipster capital of the world)

I am really in the middle of no where, and I work heavy 12 hour days, nearly 4-5 days a week too, so it's kinda cramped to get myself to a salon like that, especially traveling. :/....

Out of curiosity though, how much do those waxings usually run anyways?

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #17
ImNewHere
The new guy.

They may toss in the neck, and 6 treatments will eliminate 95% of it.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Question....
Ok so I was always told (not only by just people, but health teachers and such) that when you shave, the hair will always grow back thicker and faster..And Akune, you said when waxing that it grown SOFTER. but not really at what thickness or speed rate..Does it still come in thicker and faster like shaving? or does it come in thinner and slower that way?
In grows back thinner and slower, sorry about that!
Also, the texture of your hair changes.

When I was younger, I had what people called "werewolf arms and legs" meaning, my arms and legs were covered in thick black hair. It was coarse and thick. If I had shaved it, I would of probably gotten twice as much hair as before.
Now, my hair is finer, thinner and softer to the touch. I even have some bald patches where hair used to grow because when you wax, you aren't getting rid of the hair. You are getting rid of the hair and its follicle.
Thats why waxing produces such long lasting results.

I even did a test once.

One time, I waxed one leg and shaved the other. Lets just say the leg I shaved had more hair, it grew back extremely quickly and (idk if this makes sense) the hairs started to grow in different directions. While the waxed side, the hair was finer, softer to the touch and thinner and it took twice if not longer go grow back. t easier to wax hair when its all growing in one direction so one of my legs now takes longer to wax than the other but now its getting easier and that leg has finer hair as well.

Edit: btw, I home wax and have used the products on my face. You only yell the first few times. If you continuously yell even after doing it a few times, you are pulling the strip of cloth too slowly or you are keeping the wax too long on your face causing it to harden. Its supposed to be a quick three step process. Melt, spread, pull. Once you put the wax on, (lets just say) your eyebrow, you smooth the cloth onto the wax, press while you do this then you pull in the opposite direction that the hair is growing. It should work.

Also, don't wax huge part of your body at once if its your first time. Brace yourself, clench your jaw and wax small parts at a time. Once you get used to it, then move to waxing larger areas.

Hopefully, this helped!

Last edited by Akune-chan : 03-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #19
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Gah, I dunno what to do now. ):.... I mean, wasting the money, and MAYBE, but not positively getting an okay on the neck.... I dunno.... then the harm of doing the process anyways could be bad... plus, I want the results a little faster, since my con is at the end of May.

But then with wax, I don't have any idea how to do it. I was hoping there was a foolproof method out there for it, even if using wax strips or something, but I don't want to spend my money on maybes or things that will do nothing but tug and NOT pull.

Any more recommendations folks? >_<

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Call and talk to them. Also, within 2 treatments you will not have to shave for a couple weeks. The reason they spread them out is because hair is in dormant and growth stages, and has to be in a growth stage for it to be killed. The reason it starts coming back is some moves from dormant to growth and starts showing up.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

waxing runs like prob $35-50 for a full face/neck depending on how much hair you have.
but i understand if u are in the middle of nowhere
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Akune, Thank you for the clearification. That actually helps me a lot. That's probably why my leg hair is all effed up..Shaving them sux terribly..I can shave at night and by the morning it's stubbly again..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Deophest
ULTRA PARTICLE

Two things I can mention. If you do decide to wax i strongly recommended get it professionally done. Male or female you should be able to find at least a few salons local to you that do waxing. Most places in my area will do you entire face (including eyebrows, neck and sideburns) for about $30-$45. The reason I say this is because the skin on you face (especially your mustache) area is extremely sensitive and improper waxing can damage you skin.

To clarify about shaving. Shaving does not actually make the hair thicker or darker. It only makes it appear as such because the hair growing out of your face/body is not a brand new hair, but rather a blunt strand being forced up by your follicle. This is why people tend to notice that after they've waxed the hair that grows back in tends to be thinner than when they'd shave. The idea that shaving makes hair thicker, longer or darker is a myth. (source)
Deophest is offline   Reply With Quote