Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
Poody
All Rise!

I'm gonna add.... STAY AWAY FROM DENNY'S! At least until after the con (at night). You don't want to be sick all day.....

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

If a cosplayer kindly and politely says no on your request for taking their photo, don't take their photo. They can be going through a situation that made them say no.
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Shower. Please. Every day of the con. Shower. I remember reading about this one con that had like, 12 confirmed cases of swine flu cause people weren't bathing.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

Don't let anyone touch your cosplay/stuff even if they look trustworthy. Also don't ask anyone if you can touch their cosplay/stuff either. Ever time my Deadmau5 head gets worn people always ask to wear it or they touch or knock on it and its very rude. If they break/ruin it they probably aren't going to pay for the cost to repair it and then its a big hassle on me because I have to fix it. Also I don't know what their hygiene situation is and I really don't want to deal with any unwanted bugs
So my advice: Don't let others touch your stuff and don't touch others stuff

Last edited by NeonGenki : 03-07-2013 at 09:29 PM.
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #20
Scorpion89
The Master

A few more items that the blogs all tend to miss,

If you have a medical condition make sure you carry all your information with you also make sure who your running around with know where the information is just in case.

If you take Meds TAKE THEM on time also before going to a con make sure you pack a backup dose just in case

If have to take a shot make sure that Special Ops and Con Medical know this easy way is after picking up your badge go over to Special Ops and tell them. A good thing to bring is copy of a note from your Doctor most Special Ops I know will give yo some sort of note

Try to carry some cash with you at all times nothing more then $75

Set up a meeting place for you and your group when you decide to head back to your room(s)

Carry a small repair kit with you just in case you have something break

If your a female cosplaying with some sort of flimsy top may I suggest you use Stripper Tape and that you either purchase or make pasties

Drink plenty of water and carry around salt free snacks

Make sure you bring your chargers

Sit down take a break people watch makes the con fun

And the bottom line is have fun we all go to Cons to meet old friends and meet new ones
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
KatyCruel

Almost every con survival guide I've ever seen tells you to have something to do in lines - video games, iPod, whatever - but DON'T DO IT. Some of the best convention friends I have, I've made in lines.

Also, when I'm packing for a convention, I always - always, ALWAYS - pack my costumes first, since those are NOT optional. Differing amounts of regular clothes are optional, but with costumes, you ALWAYS need to make sure you have room for every single piece of them.

2013 Con Season!
- No-Brand Con (Eau Claire, WI - April 12-14) DONE!
- Anime Detour (Minneapolis, MN - April 19-21) DONE!
- Animinneapolis (Minneapolis, MN - June 28-30)
- MetaCon (Minneapolis, MN - August 30-September 1)
- TeslaCon (Madison, WI - October 31-November 3)
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
DeeperBlue
In Over Her Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by katacus View Post
Be familiar with the con's dress code and don't assume they're all the same. I made this mistake in September after five years of cosplaying. All of the cons I'd been to pretty much made you cover up your privates, so I didn't look at NDK's rules which state no chest exposed at all, even for males. Luckily, we had back ups but if we didn't, that would have been a sad day.
If you're talking about last September, that wasn't a rule. o.o It was that as long as there's at least a bikini top's and boy shorts worth of coverage on both genders, it was all good. Even an open chest crossplay would have been acceptable. Idk who told you that. Overzealous staff? On topic, I do second this, you don't want to waste all that hard work on a costume you can't wear. Also, bring healthy food to stash in your hotel room, especially if you don't want to eat junk all weekend. It'll save you money.

Fayt Leingod - Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - Making armor

Faize Sheifa Beleth - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Working on bracers, rapier
DeeperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
cosplaynewb11

i agree with most of the post here. since i am the mother hen at these things i try to bring things like tums and aspirin. for the girls i also recommend pads/tampons for that time of the month. i bring a cooler for food/drinks. con food is expensive. a sewing kit for repairs. a list of what i want to buy so i don't get doubles.
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote