Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #5491
Seraphy
Nagare~

I finished my first playthrough of Borderlands 2, so now I started Tomb Raider. Lovely game so far. Though too many QTEs makes me rage.
Seraphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #5492
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Really want Tomb Raider, but BioShock Infinite is gonna be my only new game this month. Maybe around late April/May I'll get all these games I'm missing out on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I need to get something for my iPad. Any suggestions?
What level of gaming do you wanna do on it? Casual or something more intense? Either way I recommend Jetpack Joyride, anything by PopCap, Civilization Revolution, Rayman Jungle Run, Majesty, Carcassonne, Scribblenauts...

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #5493
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Good to hear. My copy is waiting for me at GameStop because I'm on the road and won't be home until next week. In fact, I'm doing a ton of traveling in the next 5 months and don't know when I'll start it because I hate having to interrupt playing a game. I need to get something for my iPad. Any suggestions?
Avernum - Escape from the Pit.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #5494
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
I need to get something for my iPad. Any suggestions?
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney if you haven't played that already. You can also go for another play-through of Ghost Trick.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #5495
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

-Beat Fire Emblem after 31 hours of gameplay. Conflicting feels.
-Took a break from Tomb Raider to do the ME3 DLC before it's spoiled for me. IN DA CLUB, WITH GARRUS, JUSTIFIES ANY COST.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #5496
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Any of the CAVE shmups, for your iPad. The HD ports are gorgeous. I'd recommend Espgaluda II or Dodonpachi Blissful Death, for starters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
What level of gaming do you wanna do on it? Casual or something more intense? Either way I recommend Jetpack Joyride, anything by PopCap, Civilization Revolution, Rayman Jungle Run, Majesty, Carcassonne, Scribblenauts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Avernum - Escape from the Pit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney if you haven't played that already. You can also go for another play-through of Ghost Trick.
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Those all sound great. Honestly, I had no idea that there were so many good games for the iPad. Shows what I know. I've just been browsing the app store and the vast majority of the titles that they give prominence to look like crap. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Also, thanks again for that help in Dark Souls, a while back!
It was totally fun! As much as I bitch about the Four Dickheads, it's really, really satisfying to kill them. Have you bothered to beat the game or are you still trolling people in the forest?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #5497
Kildread
I can fix it!

Went through the Hitman trilogy and Absolution, it was a lovely ride. Absolution is everything I wanted it to be, it could be better in some respects --- fixing collectibles and resolving some of the game freezes (Only happened on Attack of the Saints) would be a nice addition.

Contracts mode was a good idea, not too keen on its dependency on friends list for challenges though. I'm kinda surprised at the amount of vitriol on the official forums, the game was lengthy, offered several, non-linear methods to get through levels and upgraded existing mechanics (Stealth and disguises) very well.

With that, Deus Ex (Human Revolution and the new regged The Fall thing yet-to-be-announced) and reports that Tomb Raider is pretty good --- I'm hyped!

---

Also went through Testament of Sherlock Holmes, which turned out to be a little less great than I would have expected, it still shows its amateur adventure game roots.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #5498
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

A wild Kildread appears!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #5499
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
A wild Kildread appears!
No worries, I have a low encounter rate and flee at the first sign of trouble.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/dq/im...etal-slime.png

(Wait, did pictures get disabled in this subforum?)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #5500
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Those all sound great. Honestly, I had no idea that there were so many good games for the iPad. Shows what I know. I've just been browsing the app store and the vast majority of the titles that they give prominence to look like crap. :/

It was totally fun! As much as I bitch about the Four Dickheads, it's really, really satisfying to kill them. Have you bothered to beat the game or are you still trolling people in the forest?
Actually, my forest-trolling days are over. Being in the Dickwraith covenant means I can invade people in the best place ever: Sen's Funhouse. But, alas, I still need to beat the game... with both my characters. (SL43 and SL105) I'll get 'er done before Dark Souls II, anyway. (sort of a given, since that's not due out 'til next year.) But, I deeply appreciate the help.

I do still need to take out the four kings with my SL105... and drain the lake, alone... [shudder] but before I touch Dark Souls again, I'm going to get the "Becoming a Lightning God" trophy in Metal Gear Rising. Only two fights to go (Excelsus and Armstrong) and I'll have Revengeance Mode cleared with all S-Ranks.
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #5501
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Nothing like putting two and two together and being way overleveled and rich as fuck in Wild Arms Alter Code F.

You made me do this game, sick of your bullshit, NO MORE.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #5502
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

The Citadel DLC is hitting me in the feels HARD. After a year of being away from these characters, Bioware delivers a DLC well worth picking up.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #5503
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

I've been playing this one game. It's called "winning."
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4...ghtninggod.jpg
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #5504
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

zwei! i can't wait to get rising!!! as soon as i have some extra cash it shall be mine!! i <3 metal gear and i <3 platinum games

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #5505
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Seconding Jetpack Joyride! That publisher put all their games up for free a while back, so I downloaded Jetpack Joyride, Age of Zombies, and Monster Dash on my iPhone. I haven't played too much of them, but they're all part of the same series I guess. They're pretty fun little time wasters.

Also, I freaking love Scribblenauts. I have all three games though, and the first one is definitely my favorite. I'm assuming that's what the iOS version is?

Also, as my like-minded buddy Unit suggested, Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick lol. But seriously though, I have no idea how the Wii or iOS versions of Ace Attorney work, if they're more like the GBA games or the DS remakes. I remember Capcom making a big deal about remaking the Ace Attorney games on the DS because the two screens made it better organized. So I have no idea if the iPad version splits the screen in half to resemble a DS, or if it does it more like the GBA where you can't look at the witness testimony and your evidence at the same time.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote