Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #58246
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I sold my Elizabeth Bioshock cosplay, even though I hardly even had a chance to wear it. But at least the money will go first to buying me actual necessities. Like-- actual normal clothing that will fit.

CONvergence 2017:
NCR Ranger [98% Complete]
Cat Splicer [100% Complete]

Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #58247
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Making progress with polishing my furisode dressing skills for Hotaru. (lol of course the right panel hem decided to go SPLAT when I was finally getting other details right.) Here's what the back looks like. Getting the obi to sit and stay high enough, especially in back, is still an issue, but hopefully I can get tips and help for that at Sakuracon's kimono workshop. Still, I'm determined to get this right on my own.

@Reily96 - HOLY CRAP DO IT. I know I would love to do a Suicune maiko if that dressing and wig/kanzashi/hikizuri/darari obi-making wouldn't absolutely kill me dead.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #58248
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I found the perfect pants I could use for my Summer!Kenny cosplay, so beautiful and orange and jeans...And I'd so wear them in my daily life too.
But alas...They were almost ten sizes too big and the only pair left.
Go figures.
Guess I'd have to go with brown pants.

I'm getting a bit nervous about my Russia cosplay for A-Kon. I don't have much sewing skills yet, though I am working on improving, so I'm going to order it. But at this rate, I don't know if it'll be here in time and the site is so contradictory on their shipping and processing time! One part of the site says it only takes a week for processing and about a week for shipping to my area, but another part says it would take three to five weeks for shipping and processing eue.
And I still need to get my ears and tail for Ritsuka, I keep having nightmares that I'm not going to get them in time. At least I have a spare tail I could use...It's kinda old and kinked up, and it's missing the attachment piece.

I'm getting into the incredibly nervous phase of pre-con feels, I'm like tugging at my hair and getting all worried.
But my Ritsuka/Russia contacts came in earlier than expected~ And they're beautiful. They are really dry though, but I'm just used to having contacts with higher water content than normal.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #58249
~Naru~

Just finished my huge petticoat for my Miku dress~~ It only took like... 6 hours T.T But whatever, it turned out awesome!!
~Naru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #58250
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I want photos!
Photo~

So after failing to paint my robe, I found a company to air brush the design on the robe!~~ I only had to go to the other side of the island. *sweetdrop* Also, Seymour Obi is almost finished!~ Just to paint the sucker~

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 03-10-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #58251
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

@Blood_Sword, @AnimeLuxray25, @Sui Kune - You're terrible influences. ;A; But yes, it is going to get done because it's like too amazing in my head NOT to go through with. ... It'll have to get done super slowly, though, because it's going to be crazy expensive. X.x

But d'oh, couldn't do my test dyes tonight. Ends up we don't really have any pots to use as dye vats, so we're gonna have to go get tomorrow... hopefully anyways. Lots to do tomorrow. Bah... Here's to hoping the dyeing can get done before Wednesday, because Wednesday onwards is time to get homework done... and I have so much homework. DX ... Though if it does get done before Wednesday, I might be able to take Kenshin out for a spin already! *o* ... This must be done before Wednesday.
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #58252
ghosgreen

Almost glued my lips together with CA glue...don't ask. Just don't ask. For the record yeah I was being an idiot while I was glueing. Posting on facebook and glueing is a bad idea. Oh yeah Red X paint job is done! Damn I can't believe how good it looks!
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #58253
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Blah, I want to work on something cosplay related. Not just order things I need but actually WORK on something. I can't wait for the weekend when I'm at home with my cosplay stuff. T_T

Also currently staring down a pocketwatch on ebay that I want to get for Minako so if I ever see a Shinjiro I can be all, "TAKE THIS! " Also it's only 6 cents at the moment with free shipping. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #58254
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Very productive today! For Richter - finished shaping the axe and priming it now. Also finished the LED-based Centurion cores (which are awesome and I should totally put LEDs in every prop ever now).

For kimono!xxxHolic, I spray-painted about $50 in silk flowers for Yuuko, Watanuki, and Himawari, which was much more of a pain in the ass than I expected. I finished Watanuki's shoes and hair piece, but I won't get proper photos until tomorrow because I'm too tired. :3
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Summer
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #58255
Shana05
Survivor

Thinking of cosplaying the female version of Fry from the episode "Neutopia." Futurama is a series that I really love to see people cosplay from and it means a lot to me. Also, no need for a wig with that one.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #58256
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

A shot glass of acetone, a bunch of neodynium magnets stuck together via wood glue, an hour or so of soaking and separation via a pizza slicer....cosplay makes me very good with improvisation.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #58257
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Got Karasu's coat tails cut out and pinned to the jacket...then my dad came in my room and knocked the hanger off the door, knocking at least three of the tails loose. I quit DX

But in all seriousness I'll work on it later when I finish my homework.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #58258
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

All the pieces are cut for my Mockingjay dress, and feathers should be here by the end of the week... so excited!

Now I've gotta get on researching for my Otakon cosplays...
  • Phi (Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma): 66% (Accessories) Ikebukuro Cosplay Event 2016
  • Ariel Sail Dress (Disney's Little Mermaid): 40% (Patterning) Summer 2016
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #58259
Talossa
We try hardcore!

So, it turns out hakama are a lot less scary than I thought they were. Now I'm jealous of my cosplay groupmates; the hakama look so comfortable and I'm going to be stuck in a fussy kimono!

I'm also really becoming a big fan of traditional Japanese clothing. It's so nice to only be working with rectangles!

If only I could find good fabric for my shoe covers, I'd be all set...
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #58260
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I'm starting to regret not opting for the longer skirt for Maria. Resizing this eagle is giving me hell. Blegh.