Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
ScottJM

Angry Avoid yourcosplay.com/your-cosplay.com

I pre-ordered two action figures from yourcosplay.com in August of 2012. The figures were released in late November, and by mid-December I had not received the figures or a notice of shipment. When I emailed yourcosplay.com about my order, I received this reply:

"All our store's figures out of stock now. our PayPal account close by PayPay company. so we can't control the account. we can't refund for you. Really very sorry for the issue."

I emailed them about possible restocks and got no response. When I asked about a refund, they merely restated that their Paypal account had been closed and they can't refund me. When I asked about them finding some other way to refund me, I received no response. I got the impression that they were making no effort to refund me, and ultimately I was right.

As you can tell, their customer service is horrendous. They had given me no notice about the figures running out of stock, and my requests for a refund were met with a shoulder-shrug and an "Oh well", when they received a response at all. I suspect they were hoping I wouldn't notice that the items I paid them over $100 for never showed up. As of 2/1/2013 I have not received my order or a refund, and I doubt I ever will.

In short: if you order from yourcosplay.com, expect to get your money stolen.
ScottJM is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
thelovelysin
Informant

Why didn't you try to file a paypal dispute to get your money back? Also, have you tried going to the bank/calling your credit card company to see if they can help getting your money back?

Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basuke): 100% complete
Ja'far (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic): 75% complete
thelovelysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
ScottJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelovelysin View Post
Why didn't you try to file a paypal dispute to get your money back? Also, have you tried going to the bank/calling your credit card company to see if they can help getting your money back?
I did file a dispute with Paypal; they rejected it because the payment was made over 45 days ago. I suppose I can try contacting my bank since the Paypal payment was drawn from my checking account.

Even if I do get my money back, you still shouldn't shop at that website.
ScottJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
iSeika

Im sorry that you lost your money from that site. I really do hope that your bank can get you money bank. Next time you want to buy anime figures I would try www.amiami.com and www.1999.co.jp/eng/ they are both trustworthy sites and their figures are 100% authentic.

Nekocon
Rofcon

Definite 2013 Cosplays

Meredy - Tales of Eternia
School Uniform Madoka - PMMM
Magical Girl Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa

Possible 2013 Cosplays

Champion Iris - Pokemon B&W2
Yuzuki Yukari - Vocaloid 3
Serah Farron - FF13
Elize - Tales of Xillia
Magical Girl Madoka - PMMM

Cosplay/Anime Facebook
iSeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
usuyukisou

It seems like they steal photos of costumes from Etsy stores. AnnieHan (etsy: CosplayDesu) reported that they stole her photos while cropping out her store's name, and also listed several other Etsy sellers whose images have been stolen by this scam store.
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
Laced Candy

I have the feeling that their Paypal got shut down because they were scamming so many people and it got overwhelmed with reports. That's really bad.
Laced Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
cosplay2014
Banned

very sorry! you can contact the admin of the store, i think the admin can solve the issue. i have bought a canvas shoes from the store, Beautiful Art Work!!! Fit Perfect. Excellent Seller & Fast Shipment!!
cosplay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosplay2014 View Post
very sorry! you can contact the admin of the store, i think the admin can solve the issue. i have bought a canvas shoes from the store, Beautiful Art Work!!! Fit Perfect. Excellent Seller & Fast Shipment!!
I'm pretty sure you're just someone who works for the site and is trying to do damage control. You do have the mentioned site as your homepage on your profile.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 50%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
cosplay2014
Banned

no, Cos i have no homepage, only can type my favorite site when type the profike. very sorry for @ScottJM, i think contact the admin of the store can solve the issue. good luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortintin View Post
I'm pretty sure you're just someone who works for the site and is trying to do damage control. You do have the mentioned site as your homepage on your profile.
cosplay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #10
Norakun91

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get your money back.

I posted a topic about your-cosplay on gaiaonline and someone by the user name of cos2013 posted to try and do damage control sounded just like cosplay 2014. So its more than likely workers trying to get us to use the site.

Either way this site steals photos and needs to be taken down. Its disgusting that people will steal others photos and money.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote