Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #151
detenten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity-Crisis View Post
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/...61-arya_02.jpg

The skirt...thing..
What is it? Is there a name for it?
And how would I go about finding a pattern?
Your pic got cut off, did you mean to link this one?

I wanted to say a jerkin or doublet but I don't think either is correct.

Last edited by detenten : 02-21-2013 at 05:04 PM.
detenten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #152
Identity-Crisis

Oops sorry, yes I did mean that one.
I was thinking the same thing, but those are both tops.
I keep wanting to say surcoat.

Last edited by Identity-Crisis : 02-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #153
A Grue

Whoa whoa whoa are we getting some more Ironborn to the con in Ohio in april?! NICE! I'm going as Asha! I'd be happy to see a Theon there.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #154
IronIslander

Haha im trying A Grue . Ive been screwing around with Foam for the armor, and just finished my first rough set. it came out pretty decent so i think ill be fine. But im having a bit of trouble trying to figure out the ironborn cloak. Either way ill be going as theon/ironborn~. Im thinking mine will pale in comparison to some of the costumes i saw from the dragoncon photos. But oh well!
IronIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #155
IronIslander

i cant seem to link this picture. but if anyone could help me out with the pattern/material itd be much appreciated. its not Theon but it is the same clothes.http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/925...greyjoy458.jpg
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #156
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronIslander View Post
i cant seem to link this picture. but if anyone could help me out with the pattern/material itd be much appreciated. its not Theon but it is the same clothes.http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/925...greyjoy458.jpg
You can see from the frayed edges that it's not leather. I'd go get a stiff utility fabric in the right color, maybe like Duck Cloth, and distress the crap out of it. I'm trying to make a similar coat for Asha, so if I get a pattern that works I'll pass it along to you.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #157
IronIslander

cool, ill probably take a shot at it this weekend. the one im making doesn't need sleeves though.
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #158
Identity-Crisis

I almost want to say some sort of matrix coat or duster pattern because of the shape and flow but I don't know if that's on the right track.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #159
siyrean

any idea's as to how to make a sigil look good if you don't own an embroidery machine? I've got a cape that needs the Lannister lion on the back.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #160
jeproxshots

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...20959& type=1
jeproxshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #161
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I want to cosplay as Daenerys one of these days too...

I do really like the detail of Cersei Lannister's gowns as well, but I don't think I'd specifically cosplay as her. I would just make the gowns to make the gowns.

I look terrible as a blonde and the only blonde character I've cosplayed as is Saber and I'm not even sure how i feel about that. I think for Dany, I'm going to go with a white wig and maybe mix in some blonde and silver fibers but not too much.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #162
chiigusa
House Lannister

Hey all! Glad to see this thread is active!

I cosplayed as Daenerys last year and loved it so much! (My hair did not, so I will definitely be getting a wig if I wear her again, lol.) And right now I'm working on Cersei's costume from Blackwater with a very generous friend helping me out with her armor corset.

I'm so sad I can't go to the Ice & Fire con, but it is the same weekend as C2E2...and since that's a couple blocks from my apartment, I'll be going there instead, haha. But I'll definitely be reppin' GoT. Hope to see some fellow GoT cosplayers there.
chiigusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #163
Lucifer

After being a long time fan of the show (and books), finally I'm taking the plunge into cosplaying from GoT. While there are some amazing characters, and costumes, I went with Ros (with my husband quite excited to be Baelish).

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #164
Roboticgiraffe

I loveeee GoT (As I'm sure we all do here haha). I watched the series first though after someone at a ren faire suggested it but I'm reading the books now!
Anyways...
I'm whipping together a quick Dany cosplay for this weekend I'm really excited but I had a question for you other Khaleesi cosplayers...how did you make the heart??? I was trying to think of something that would be dry (obviously) so I wouldn't be dripping blood everywhere or anything haha. What did you guys use?
Roboticgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #165
GlassCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboticgiraffe View Post
I loveeee GoT (As I'm sure we all do here haha). I watched the series first though after someone at a ren faire suggested it but I'm reading the books now!
Anyways...
I'm whipping together a quick Dany cosplay for this weekend I'm really excited but I had a question for you other Khaleesi cosplayers...how did you make the heart??? I was trying to think of something that would be dry (obviously) so I wouldn't be dripping blood everywhere or anything haha. What did you guys use?
I made mine out of jello and unflavored gelatin, and posted the recipe/tutorial for it here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=255314 With enough unflavored gelatin thrown in, it's completely dry to the touch once it sets, won't smear or leave stickiness, and it works really well for fake blood too. In my experience people get a big kick out of actually seeing you eat the heart, but I will warn you that if you do eat it, you won't be able to eat jello again for a very, very long time. ;P
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote