Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Harry Potter 2013 - sponsored by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

"Jumping the gun a bit, are we?" Yes, but just wait, there'll be thousands of 2013 planning posts within the next 24 hours.

In any case, provided the world doesn't end in December like they say, I'm totally up for keeping up an annual tradition into 2013. Correction: my "twin" and I are up for it. Since our costumes for this year weren't as done as we would have liked, we're considering reprising them next year for three photoshoots "sponsored by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes". Now one of them will most likely once again be Sunday evening- after the YA Lit contest and before the Yule Ball- at the Sheraton (though if the Yule Ball ends up at a different hotel or a different day/time, this won't be the case), and if there are any HP guests next year, the other two will be planned around their panels. Also, there is a possibility that Friday's will be early in the day ("possibility", not saying for sure), but of course the reason for three photoshoots isn't because we ourselves have three different costumes so much as so if people can't make it to one, there are two others.

I will make Facebook events for these eventually, but for now, well, like I said, for those who plan their next ten D*Cs, well, here's the HP thread and the promise there will indeed be three photoshoots next year like always. The end of the franchise doesn't have to mean the end of cosplay from it.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
noirstar45

I want to do Narcissa Malfoy her dress from the last movie, but that green one is so awesome as well. But it'll depend on my budget my other planned costume for D*Con is going to be expensive.
noirstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
ajisaiareku
~Sewing Maniaz

Have not finalized what I'm doing next year but it shall be either a)Bellatrix with my friend as Narcissa b)Qudditch gear grp of myself as Draco, Mae as Harry, and our other friend as Ron.
Fuu: Final Armor - MKR
Lolita Captain America
Other Cons 2012:
Holiday Matsuri
ajisaiareku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Chuuie
Im chubby

I am game for bringing my rowena ravenclaw dress again just hoping i can fix the waistband (my first costume i sewed myself, and naturally people step all over it and tear it!) :/
Chuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Well, there's a possibility that while there would still be three photoshoots/gatherings, one of them might not be "sponsored by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes". With the heavy duty sewing machine in the shop and I believe a part is on backorder or something, the dragonhide coats may not get finished. If the machine gets fixed and my "twin" can finish them, they will be worn as planned. If not, we may wear alternate twin costumes or different HP costumes altogether that day.

But of course D*C is still a ways off and I've got a much closer con (namely Katsucon) to be worrying about. Anything can happen between now and then.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Shivilow
Darth Shivilow

Well I'm bring Bellatrix back from the Yule Ball photo op this time I won't be late to the picture. That costume contest went late last year

Steampunk Azkadellia(still dreaming)

Winifred Sanderson(Hocus Pocus)

Snow Trooper

Next cons

Pensacon 2014,Momo Con, Dragoncon 2014

cosplays in progress

Bellatrix 100% DONE!!!!

Queen Regina from Snows wedding OUAT DONE!!!

Azkadeilla Black and pink outfit 90%

Steampunk Mob Boss In Progress
Bernadette Big Bang Theory 10%
Shivilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivilow View Post
That costume contest went late last year
Well, here's hoping that won't be the case this time since we (the hosts) plan to enter this year. Then again, I still made the shoot on time the previous occassion I entered, so who knows.

Unread 03-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Well, the heavy duty machine's fixed, so we should have all three planned Twin costumes.

And my apologies for the double post, but I'm just trying to show that even though D*C is the furthest thing on my mind (other events, other non-cosplay related things in life), I'm still hosting these gatherings with my "twin". At the same time, though, it is not my intention to by annoying.

Unread 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Shivilow
Darth Shivilow

Dude this year is gonna be epic I know that our favorite Voldemort is gonna be back and my wig for Bellatrix is here so now this will be the best I can feel it in my bones.

Steampunk Azkadellia(still dreaming)

Winifred Sanderson(Hocus Pocus)

Snow Trooper

Next cons

Pensacon 2014,Momo Con, Dragoncon 2014

cosplays in progress

Bellatrix 100% DONE!!!!

Queen Regina from Snows wedding OUAT DONE!!!

Azkadeilla Black and pink outfit 90%

Steampunk Mob Boss In Progress
Bernadette Big Bang Theory 10%
Shivilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
Katala

James and I will go as Lily and Snape (I'll be wearing the horcrux ring)

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Ok, these are still happening, but there's a possibility that not all three will be "sponsored by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes". Since various boneheads in charge of certain con venues made it such that no less than four cons (one of which is D*C itself) are so darn close together this year, my "twin" has an artist alley table at two of them (well, one of the two is juried and they haven't done so yet, but let's just assume she did/does get approved for that one) plus others not in that time frame but still within the year, it's not looking good that all three costumes will be done in time for D*C. Only one, or none, two if we're lucky and all three if we're really lucky is the likely scenario. If that ends up being the case, I will still host all three photoshoots in whichever other costumes, with my "twin" present but most likely as a photographer. Also if a particular one of the three sets isn't done n time, we will not be entering the YA Lit Costume Contest either, though we would likely still attend the Yule Ball.

I'm sorry I don't have much else right now. There are reasons I don't really like planning this far in advance; especially with so much else (cons, cosplay, and otherwise) going on.

Unread 06-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Again, apologizing for the double post; I don't mean to be annoying. However, we've made a decision: there will actually only be one gathering this year- the Sunday evening one. The reason is mainly due to the popularity of the Sunday shoot and lack thereof for the other two last year. I don't think I'll bother with a Facebook group for this; but I will make an "event" for it and post the link when I do.

I'm thinking of putting the Sunday shoot at 7:30. That's half an hour later than last year, allowing more time for people to get there if the contest runs long again. And unless I hear the Yule Ball is elsewhere this year, it will be in the Sheraton (meet in lobby, move to another indoor location from there same as before). (ETA: The Yule Ball is indeed still in the Sharaton, and still at 8:30pm on Sunday, so having the shoot one hour before in the Shearton should work nicely.)

If my "twin" can manage to finish the magenta robes (the "opening day" outfits from the book), we'll wear those for this. If not, it'll be the shirt-and-tie outfits from last year again.

Last edited by MaryRyanBogard : 06-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
booksandcorsets

I'm working on a Professor Trelawney for Otakon and am probably bringing her to Dragoncon too... but Sunday evening is definitely a no-go for me at D*Con. Can't miss the masquerade!
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Nightengale37
Becca Du

I am going to have a school era Remus Lupin! Was planning on wearing him to the ball
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
tierza89
evil sorceress

I'll be there as Fleur in the Beauxbatons uniform. if I can get the hat to look right....