Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
SlaveXero

Wolverine Claws build

I'm new to the whole cosplay world, but have been building custom Halloween pieces for quite some time and thought I would share my project from Halloween 2012. These claws are made out of 1/4" thick aluminum and the measurements and bevel design are based off the X1 Hero claws that I obtained from the owner of that set. This project was a labor of love as each blade took 8hrs a piece to cut, grind, hand file, sand, polish, etc. I have built 2 subsequent sets for private collectors that were ordered non-polished as the polishing washes out the bold look of the bevel in the blades. Pictured are build pics of my proto set from start to finish, along with a couple quick costume pics. Enjoy!

Rough bevel

Smoothed out bevel

Completed polished set
SlaveXero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
SlaveXero

And here are a few costume shots.

Unread 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Do you have them mounted on a handle, or just held individually between your fingers?
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
SlaveXero

I have them mounted on a handle. I drilled provisions behind each blade and bent rods to custom fit each contour of my hands. The plate is also made out of the same 1/4" aluminum plate as the blades. The blades do not flex or wobble when swinging your arms. The construction is super sturdy. I plan on posting a vid on YouTube soon to show how sturdy and durable they are.
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
emm_gee

those look wicked!
i'm cosplaying x-23 and sadly i'm going to have to carve mine out of foam, weapon check would not appreciate me showing up to a con with pointy objects haha
emm_gee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
SlaveXero

Thanks Emm! I'd also like to thank those for their kind words on FB! I've been asked to post some professional costume shots, so perhaps in the near future, I'll get around to it. I'm primarily a prop builder and I thought I would update my thread with some pics of a new set of claws, I built. I revised my original design and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Once again, I build all of my Wolverine claws out of 1/4" aluminum and NOT plexiglass, so building them is extremely time intensive. Enjoy the pics and if anyone wants to check out my work in person, I'll be at the Wizard World Comic Con in Stl on April 5th, 2014 cosplaying Wolverine. Thanks for looking!

SlaveXero