Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #46
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInMyEyes View Post
That's like saying "DON'T EAT FRUIT!" because it has sugar. There's a difference between calories that DO something for you and calories that DON'T do anything.
Eating 600 calories worth of nuts is a whole heck of a lot better than eating 600 calories worth of candy and popcorn.
Nutrient dense foods rather than calorie dense foods. It's the better way to evaluate foods. You still have to be careful not to overdo it, not matter the food. All in moderation. (Of course, I still agree a bunch of calories from fruit is a lot better than a bunch of calories from a chocolate shake)
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #47
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiizuma View Post
Its been a while since Ive been on a diet. About August I believe. I just started to slip slowly and before I knew it I was back in my old habits and up all the pounds I lost. :/

I know the holidays are tough, but I'm tired of using that as an excuse. I NEED to get this going now or Ill never make it in time for my conventions. (In March, June, and August).

Basically this thread is me looking for a few people who'd like to converse, keep in touch, and/or motivate with me. I feel like I just need a little push to REALLY get serious this new year. I'd love to finally feel right in my cosplays.

I need more friends via myfitnesspal, tumblr, or even cosplay.com. And I could always always use some advice on how to do this. I just wing it every time really. Calorie counting and light exercise is all I know.

Hopefully a few of you can add me and help me really crack down on myself.

mfp: ariav3
tumblr: becomecosplay

Have a wonderful holiday and good luck with your fitness in the new year. :3
ALL this is essentially how I feel. My tumblr is the same as my username.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

I'm glad I found this thread! I think it is a great idea and you've inspired me to make a mfp account

I think positive encouragement from each other is exactly what we all need!
I know that I have been over weight pretty much all my life and every time I've tried some sort of diet or weight loss plan I become weak and either give in to temptation(darn you sweets ) or just quit flat out.
But this time around I am sticking to it!

My sister is doing her own weight loss plan and has already lost 20lbs. I think that is amazing and I always encourage and tell her how awesome she has done. Anytime she feels discouraged or hits a bump in the road I try to encourage her about how far she has come.

Itís great to have a group of people with the same common goal that you can confide in and talk to and rant to . We can hold each other accountable and help build each other up when feeling discouraged.
I think it's great that you have goals and you're following through with them. Just stay on track and if you feel discouraged just remember how far you've come. Don't think of your goal as something unattainable !( I feel we often do that, set goals for ourselves but don't honestly believe we can reach them but we CAN.) I'm still trying to figure out the best diet/exercise plan for myself so I don't have a lot to offer now but I will post any helpful things I find here in this forum . My tumblr is :anybodyknowhisname and my mfp is : Pastel_Orchid.

Good Luck everyone !
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)
koharuxoxowuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #49
chiigusa
House Lannister

I think the key for everyone is not to "diet" but to eat clean. Counting calories just brings insanity (at least for me it does, even using myfitnesspal)! And as some other people mentioned, LOTS of water is great. You may need to go to the bathroom every 5 seconds, lol, but you'll get rid of that water weight quickly. I pretty much exclusively drink only water now (save for a glass of wine on some stressful days).

I just joined a gym a couple weeks ago. After eating better (not completely clean because I am SO damn picky) and doing the elliptical for 30-45 minutes almost everyday and Ballet Beautiful a few times a week, I've lost about 2 pounds. Not SUPER fast progress, but it's progress.

The other thing to remember is that the scale isn't everything. I took some "before" shots of myself last week and measured myself to see if I'm noticing an actual change by the end of the month. Because especially once you start working out more, you'll end up gaining muscle weight, which may tip the scale in a way that might freak you out, when it's actually great!

Also, I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred, as long as you keep it up and do it for 30 days! Also, make a Fitblr...which is a fitness tumblr. The community there is awesome and supportive.

Anyway, you all can do it! You just need to take the right steps for your body. (I hope this was motivating enough, lol.) My goal is to look great for C2E2 in April.
chiigusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #50
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiigusa View Post
I think the key for everyone is not to "diet" but to eat clean. Counting calories just brings insanity (at least for me it does, even using myfitnesspal)! And as some other people mentioned, LOTS of water is great. You may need to go to the bathroom every 5 seconds, lol, but you'll get rid of that water weight quickly. I pretty much exclusively drink only water now (save for a glass of wine on some stressful days).

I just joined a gym a couple weeks ago. After eating better (not completely clean because I am SO damn picky) and doing the elliptical for 30-45 minutes almost everyday and Ballet Beautiful a few times a week, I've lost about 2 pounds. Not SUPER fast progress, but it's progress.

The other thing to remember is that the scale isn't everything. I took some "before" shots of myself last week and measured myself to see if I'm noticing an actual change by the end of the month. Because especially once you start working out more, you'll end up gaining muscle weight, which may tip the scale in a way that might freak you out, when it's actually great!

Also, I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred, as long as you keep it up and do it for 30 days! Also, make a Fitblr...which is a fitness tumblr. The community there is awesome and supportive.

Anyway, you all can do it! You just need to take the right steps for your body. (I hope this was motivating enough, lol.) My goal is to look great for C2E2 in April.
I agree ! I am trying to eat healthier myself. I always feel like I am setting myself up for failure when I start a diet because I know I am bad at sticking with them ! Another thing is portion control, which I think is alot of my problem ;A; I eat way more than I need to!

I'll def look into the 30 day Shred sounds pretty awesome ^_^.

Also I forgot to mention a really fun way to get some exercise in is to hula hoop! If you get a weighted hoop and just hoop for an hour it's a great way to get exercise and have fun. You can find tons of videos on youtube that teach you moves . I have a set of DVDs by Hoopnotica that are pretty good for beginner hoopers. They're not really a work out video per se but they teach you things you can do with the hoop. You can find a hula hoop pretty much anywhere (except not the children ones you find at wal-mart and target etc. those are NOT what you want) or you can make your own ! You can teach yourself all kinds of tricks and things and it's really just an all around fun way to get exercise while jamming out to your favorite songs I was insipired by my two friends who hula hoop and are amazing at it !
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)

Last edited by koharuxoxowuv : 03-13-2013 at 03:22 PM.
koharuxoxowuv is offline   Reply With Quote