Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 234 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #3931
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
Oh goodness! If I'm right, Prussia is...for lack of a better word, scared shitless of Hungary, yes? Yet, you give off a very friendly vibe. Perhaps Prussia was wrong about you! Out of character, we should totally hang out! ...just keep that pan away from my face. heh

As of now, I'm planning on using his uniform. Though I'm trying to find his goggles. IF by some miracle I can find the hoodie, that'll give me an option to change into. And Canada IS really awesome! I just wish I had a fem!Canada for my Prussia. Her dress is super cute!
Well, if Prussia gets out of line, I may have to frypan him (my frying pan is made out of Styrofoam and felt). But to be honest, when I cosplayed Hungary for the first time, I actually snuck around my Austria's back in search of Prussias to take pictures with >_>
That's awesome! I don't see as many Canadas in the uniform with the goggles. Finding a red hoodie is a lot harder than it seems. I was looking for one for my fem!Canada (which ended looking nothing like the official design because I ran out of time and patience), and it took me FOREVER. I had to compromise and get one a tad different from my vision.
Being Canada is fun, though. I enjoyed walking around with a polar bear on my head ^_^

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #3932
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
Well, if Prussia gets out of line, I may have to frypan him (my frying pan is made out of Styrofoam and felt). But to be honest, when I cosplayed Hungary for the first time, I actually snuck around my Austria's back in search of Prussias to take pictures with >_>
That's awesome! I don't see as many Canadas in the uniform with the goggles. Finding a red hoodie is a lot harder than it seems. I was looking for one for my fem!Canada (which ended looking nothing like the official design because I ran out of time and patience), and it took me FOREVER. I had to compromise and get one a tad different from my vision.
Being Canada is fun, though. I enjoyed walking around with a polar bear on my head ^_^
That sounds like fun! See, I'm like...the only one of my "friends" that cosplays, and the only one that cosplays Hetalia or thinks Hetalia is a good series. It's kinda lonely doing it by myself, though. My eyes aren't that great either, so it's kinda hard picking out people and even harder doing so seeing as how ungodly shy I am...which makes NO sense while cosplaying Prussia! Like, GRRR! heh

Awww! Kumajiro on your head! I'm thinking of getting this really huge one and like slinging him over my shoulder, but I think I may use that one for shots at home. Otherwise, I've ordered a polar bear big enough to hold in my arms. Now, if only I can find the goggles somewhere...

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

Katsucon 2015
Hourai Doll - Touhou Project
Vash Zwingli/Switzerland - Axis Powers Hetalia
Takeshi Morinozuka - Ouran High School Host Club
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #3933
Julesie

A little advice from when I cosplay as Canada. I used goggles similar to these for my head.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-C... a81e3&vxp=mtr

You can see how they look here on a photo of myself.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...65012222_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...38941273_n.jpg (closer photo)

They've been the best ones I've used for Canada as often I have trouble with the goggles slipping off of wig. I bought steampunk ones before that and they ended up slipping off so many times and ultimately breaking.

Last edited by Julesie : 03-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #3934
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
That sounds like fun! See, I'm like...the only one of my "friends" that cosplays, and the only one that cosplays Hetalia or thinks Hetalia is a good series. It's kinda lonely doing it by myself, though. My eyes aren't that great either, so it's kinda hard picking out people and even harder doing so seeing as how ungodly shy I am...which makes NO sense while cosplaying Prussia! Like, GRRR! heh
I'm pretty shy myself with strangers. Honestly, I hardly interact with Hetalia cosplayers unless they sorta interact first. Like as Belarus, if a Russia sort of cowered when I walked by, I might play along. It stinks to not have a cosplay group. I don't know that I would do cons alone myself

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting this really huge one and like slinging him over my shoulder, but I think I may use that one for shots at home. Otherwise, I've ordered a polar bear big enough to hold in my arms. Now, if only I can find the goggles somewhere...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE props, and for some reason I seem to like making them unnecessarily large. I made Marvin, a giant fish, for my Seychelles cosplay. It was tough lugging him around the con, but it was worth it ^_^
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #3935
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
I'm pretty shy myself with strangers. Honestly, I hardly interact with Hetalia cosplayers unless they sorta interact first. Like as Belarus, if a Russia sort of cowered when I walked by, I might play along. It stinks to not have a cosplay group. I don't know that I would do cons alone myself

I LOVE LOVE LOVE props, and for some reason I seem to like making them unnecessarily large. I made Marvin, a giant fish, for my Seychelles cosplay. It was tough lugging him around the con, but it was worth it ^_^
See now, when I say over sized polar bear plushie, I mean something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Republic-...ush+polar+bear

But for obvious reasons, I went for a smaller one.

Well, if it helps, should you be in the Maryland area at at Otakon or Katsucon, let me know. I would be honored to hang out with you.

Katsucon 2015
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #3936
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
See now, when I say over sized polar bear plushie, I mean something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Republic-...ush+polar+bear

But for obvious reasons, I went for a smaller one.
Heh, Marvin is much bigger than that:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3258522/
I'm about 5'2" and Marvin is almost as long as me. He's stuffed to the max and rather heavy. My arms get a good workout from lugging him around. But I love him so much!!!

[b]
Quote:
Well, if it helps, should you be in the Maryland area at at Otakon or Katsucon, let me know. I would be honored to hang out with you.
I've been to Otakon twice now, but it's quite the project getting there for my group. After last year we kind of decided not to go down again for a while. It's a looooong ride. We're pretty content with Anime Boston up here. But hey, who knows, maybe I'll travel back down one of these years if one of my fav voice actors is a guest and I'm free on the dates ^_^
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #3937
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Heh, Marvin is much bigger than that:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3258522/
I'm about 5'2" and Marvin is almost as long as me. He's stuffed to the max and rather heavy. My arms get a good workout from lugging him around. But I love him so much!!!

[b]

I've been to Otakon twice now, but it's quite the project getting there for my group. After last year we kind of decided not to go down again for a while. It's a looooong ride. We're pretty content with Anime Boston up here. But hey, who knows, maybe I'll travel back down one of these years if one of my fav voice actors is a guest and I'm free on the dates ^_^
Hmmm...that...is a HUGE FISH!!! Dude! You could feed one of our fellow countries with that! ...just don't EVER let England get a hold of it! We'll never survive the outcome!!! heh But yeah, that's one hell of a prop for Sey-Sey...and we NEED MORE SEY-SEY! Like, I'm literally JUST getting into this series, and I'm finding more and more characters than I knew it was possible to have exist, Seychelles and Sealand are a few. Both are ridiculously adorable! I'm sensing a pairing with them...

Oh, would I need a flag as Canada, considering Kumajiro is symbolic enough? I pretty much get the character, as it seems like Canada is SUPREMELY quiet and timid. Also, do you think I'd catch any hell for my...er, obvious difference from the character? It's come up before, so...

Katsucon 2015
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #3938
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Oh, would I need a flag as Canada, considering Kumajiro is symbolic enough? I pretty much get the character, as it seems like Canada is SUPREMELY quiet and timid. Also, do you think I'd catch any hell for my...er, obvious difference from the character? It's come up before, so...
I personally don't carry flags around. I think Kuma would be enough, plus the ahoge on your head makes you pretty recognizable as Mattie. But if you do carry a flag around, be sure you are VERY careful. I'm sure you've heard plenty of horror stories regarding Hetalians and flags. This is one of those fandoms that often gets a bad rep, so we have to do our best to be respectful ^^
As for not looking exactly like him....ppffft, who cares? Most people feel Seychelles should be dark, but I am far from it. Didn't stop me from cosplaying her, though. I have yet to get any guff for not looking exactly like a character. I say go for it!!!
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #3939
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
I personally don't carry flags around. I think Kuma would be enough, plus the ahoge on your head makes you pretty recognizable as Mattie. But if you do carry a flag around, be sure you are VERY careful. I'm sure you've heard plenty of horror stories regarding Hetalians and flags. This is one of those fandoms that often gets a bad rep, so we have to do our best to be respectful ^^
As for not looking exactly like him....ppffft, who cares? Most people feel Seychelles should be dark, but I am far from it. Didn't stop me from cosplaying her, though. I have yet to get any guff for not looking exactly like a character. I say go for it!!!
I heard a few stories about the fandom itself, which is why I avoided the series altogether for a while. Then I took a chance and watched an episode. Like a moth to the flame, I was so drawn in! heh As far as stories regarding flags goes, I haven't heard anything...

And I hope no one gives me any hassle for it. Hetalia's pretty much my last stand for the whole race issue NOT being brought up or being diverted to "a character I SHOULD be cosplaying due to my skin color" syndrome, you know?

Katsucon 2015
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #3940
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I agree with Royalbakaness, Canada is recognizable without a flag. I did get a flag for Mama Greece even though Greece didn't have that flag at the time (did they have one at all?). I was trying to make it clear it was Hetalia. I still got confused for other Grecco-Roman characters, though.
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #3941
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
I heard a few stories about the fandom itself, which is why I avoided the series altogether for a while. Then I took a chance and watched an episode. Like a moth to the flame, I was so drawn in! heh As far as stories regarding flags goes, I haven't heard anything...

And I hope no one gives me any hassle for it. Hetalia's pretty much my last stand for the whole race issue NOT being brought up or being diverted to "a character I SHOULD be cosplaying due to my skin color" syndrome, you know?
Yeah, there have been people who are disrespectful of flags: sitting on them, wearing them as capes, etc. Also, each country has different rules for their flags, so you need to know what they are to avoid offending people.
I stayed away from Hetalia for a while, too, not so much for the stories but because I just saw Hetalia EVERYWHERE. But my friend bought it and wanted me to watch it. I figured, Okay, I'll do it for her. So happy I did, cuz I love it so much now!
And there will always be a few jerks around who will looks for any reason to pick on your cosplay. Don't let them stop you, though. Have fun with it! I personally am impressed with cosplayers who are able to get into character, never mind if they look like the character.
@Shana: Your Mama Greece is awesome! I love the hair!!!
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #3942
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Yeah, there have been people who are disrespectful of flags: sitting on them, wearing them as capes, etc. Also, each country has different rules for their flags, so you need to know what they are to avoid offending people.
I stayed away from Hetalia for a while, too, not so much for the stories but because I just saw Hetalia EVERYWHERE. But my friend bought it and wanted me to watch it. I figured, Okay, I'll do it for her. So happy I did, cuz I love it so much now!
And there will always be a few jerks around who will looks for any reason to pick on your cosplay. Don't let them stop you, though. Have fun with it! I personally am impressed with cosplayers who are able to get into character, never mind if they look like the character.
@Shana: Your Mama Greece is awesome! I love the hair!!!
Oh, THAT whole ordeal. I HAVE heard of that. Perhaps America and England and the like are the only countries that have the really strict flag protocols. I don't know.

Hmmm...well, so long as I don't get hazed again for not being the right color, I'll keep cosplaying. With any luck, I'll get picked up by a group or something, as cosplaying alone kinda sucks, especially in this fandom where it's seemingly really easy to make friends. Perhaps Canada will help to change this...

Katsucon 2015
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #3943
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

A friend of mine did what she called Pottertalia. Basically she was America wearing a Gryffindor uniform, she even had a burger charm hanging on her wand. She wants as many Hetalia people to do this with her for a con in November. So I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate Harry Potter into Mama Greece. I got some ideas of charms for the wand as many creatures in HP originated from Greek mythology: pegusas, centaurs, three-headed dogs, etc. But that's it. I don't see how a house tie could mix with a toga and look good.

On the flag etiquette issue: I do know different countries have different rules, I heard Australia has pretty loose rules compared to America. I suggest following the rules of the country you're in rather than the ones of the flag you have. As most people around are not familiar with each countries rules. I'd even suggest this if someone was holding a flag of a fictional place.

Last edited by Shana05 : 03-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #3944
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
A friend of mine did what she called Pottertalia. Basically she was America wearing a Gryffindor uniform, she even had a burger charm hanging on her wand. She wants as many Hetalia people to do this with her for a con in November. So I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate Harry Potter into Mama Greece. I got some ideas of charms for the wand as many creatures in HP originated from Greek mythology: pegusas, centaurs, three-headed dogs, etc. But that's it. I don't see how a house tie could mix with a toga and look good.

On the flag etiquette issue: I do know different countries have different rules, I heard Australia has pretty loose rules compared to America. I suggest following the rules of the country you're in rather than the ones of the flag you have. As most people around are not familiar with each countries rules. I'd even suggest this if someone was holding a flag of a fictional place.
Well, I believe England already has a canon parody of Harry Potter, which is where I'm assuming she first got the idea from. This sounds like hella fun, actually. I'd love to see what kind of inventive thing folks will create with this idea!

Katsucon 2015
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:22 AM   #3945
CrossedCrowns

Finally finished up my Fem!America...I'm so happy with it!

And I fixed up Belarus so /everything/ fits me now. I can't wait to take these two to Shutocon with me!

I think I might do one more Hetalia cosplay this year, I'm just not sure who to pick. I want to either try and pull off Canada, Iceland, or Sweet Devil!England. ;w;