Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1095 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #58411
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So after having had it for about a year, I'm just now getting to work on my Hachi-Hachi Len kimono.And after not having seen it for so long, I forgot how beautiful this thing is.

My mother seems to be under the impression I can manage to to sew it together and the lining in one afternoon, however. OH MUMSY. I'll be very happy if that's the case, but I doubt it. :/ Whatever the case, Len needs to get done before I head off to Japan in May, else he won't be done for the con in July since I get back mid-June! D:
Holy crap, that fabric is BEAUTIFUL! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
I'm in real need of figuring out how to make arm warmers and possibly leg warmers for this Vaporeon gijinka. I've never sewn...anything...so I'm looking for any kind of substitute that may work.

Also, any suggestions on a wig? I'm kinda looking at maybe a medium length one. Basically, I'm thinking of doing something like having twin tails kinda hang out of the hood while it's up. I just need some suggestions of styles/colors that would look right with it.
Arm warmers and leg warmers are pretty easy to make.

As for possible wigs... this one or this one? I think could work... I was trying to find a white to blue gradient wig because that would look awesome but I couldn't find anything in my quick search.

And question for girls, has anyone used silicone strapless bras? How well do those work? I think I might invest in one since I have SOOO many cosplays this year I can't wear a normal bra for.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #58412
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I wonder if I'll ever cosplay a character that gives me a good excuse to learn some magic tricks.
If you've got a chance to watch Darker Than Black, there's always this guy. Or Uten, from Needless, who is significantly more derpy and might be more fun, if you don't want to cosplay a calm, collected, suave type.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #58413
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
And question for girls, has anyone used silicone strapless bras? How well do those work? I think I might invest in one since I have SOOO many cosplays this year I can't wear a normal bra for.
Are you talking about the ones that are adhesive cups - no back? If so - I've used those, years ago, and it worked pretty well for the home coming dress I couldn't wear a normal bra with. It was just enough coverage and some support, but not as much as a normal one. Also, your mileage may vary on this, as it sort of depends on how endowed you are - strapless/adhesive bras may not play nicely with larger chests. If possible, try it on - that's the only way you'll really be able to decide if it'll work for you.

I really need to stop coming up with MLP humanized costumes. I currently have 2 casual Pinkie Pie costumes in the works, in addition to the Pie-rate one. And now I've got designs for what would be a fancy looking but simple Fem!Discord/Eris costume, done as a Greek Goddess. I'm over thinking it now - instead of it being a super simple throw together, I'm pulling my Ancient Studies research out and trying to use semi accurate materials and measurements. Bah.

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #58414
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

My sewing machine cord came today!! I'm so happy! if i'm able i'll be sewing Sunday night.XD i hope i can. Also i bought a necklace for sheryl on Ebay thinking it was bigger and when arrived realized it was tiny. A little sad, but not to much i'll just go and roam about places until i find one.X3

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #58415
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
Are you talking about the ones that are adhesive cups - no back? If so - I've used those, years ago, and it worked pretty well for the home coming dress I couldn't wear a normal bra with. It was just enough coverage and some support, but not as much as a normal one. Also, your mileage may vary on this, as it sort of depends on how endowed you are - strapless/adhesive bras may not play nicely with larger chests. If possible, try it on - that's the only way you'll really be able to decide if it'll work for you.
If it's the adhesive bras, I have one. They work reasonably well and are pretty comfy, but I find they don't offer a lot in the way of support. They mostly pull things together, not help keep them up. I use mine for when I need to make insane cleavage for Erza.

Also, if you sweat, it stays trapped under the silicone against your skin, so it may not be best to wear one for very long periods of time, especially in hot weather or in a demanding costume.

But like Clockwork_Ducky says, your mileage may vary; everyone's body is different.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #58416
Ilafatyu
That guy

About an hour longer and I'll have Izaya finished-- Nonono, coat, stop shedding on everything. Bad fur. Sit. Stay.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #58417
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

my mom's out of town. Which means she can't go get me cosplay supplies I so desperately want so I can work on Jolteon. ;A;

MOM. COME BACK I NEED YOU.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #58418
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

So. I got all parts of Makishima's outfit assembled. Yay me! xD
Still, I wonder if I should make the shirt more slim...
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #58419
Akahime
Red Princess

... stupid work computer. 8D Lead me to a page of old posts. LOL replying back to someone that may have been an old post, geez.

anywayssss.... still working on my Chie jacket. LOL Too lazy to do anything right now. D;
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #58420
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I still can't work on anything....I hate being so sick.

You know what.....dear people who come to conventions sick....Don't do it. Thanks to you who spread your convention crud, my parents have considered not allowing me to go to conventions anymore since my immune system apparently can't handle me coming down with anything. So please, do everyone else a favour and Don't come if you Know that you're ill.

Oops....that turned into a mini rant....sorry >.<
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #58421
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I still can't work on anything....I hate being so sick.

You know what.....dear people who come to conventions sick....Don't do it. Thanks to you who spread your convention crud, my parents have considered not allowing me to go to conventions anymore since my immune system apparently can't handle me coming down with anything. So please, do everyone else a favour and Don't come if you Know that you're ill.

Oops....that turned into a mini rant....sorry >.<
Can you use that immune-boosting thing that people suggest for airline travel? I give myself a heavy dose before, during, and for a couple days after every convention.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #58422
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Can you use that immune-boosting thing that people suggest for airline travel? I give myself a heavy dose before, during, and for a couple days after every convention.
Probably so. But try explaining that to the parents who're freaking out because their kid with a heart condition picked some nasty virus. It's ridiculous.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #58423
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Nearly finished with re-drawing all of the "wigs" on my cosplay designs. Only six more to go.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #58424
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Just made 135 inches of golden yellow bias tape. It came out a tiny bit skinnier than what I was aiming for, but maybe it'll work out anyway.

So much ironing. .-. I really need a third hand when making bias tape; I have to make do by pinning one end to the ironing board to keep it taught when I press it.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #58425
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
If it's the adhesive bras, I have one. They work reasonably well and are pretty comfy, but I find they don't offer a lot in the way of support. They mostly pull things together, not help keep them up. I use mine for when I need to make insane cleavage for Erza.

Also, if you sweat, it stays trapped under the silicone against your skin, so it may not be best to wear one for very long periods of time, especially in hot weather or in a demanding costume.

But like Clockwork_Ducky says, your mileage may vary; everyone's body is different.
Thanks for the answers guys. I really wish I knew where you could try one on so I could see if they would work or not since I more or less need it to keep the girls in one place and not move around...

My friend came over to try on her Camellia Luka dress. And she ended up leaving with just a finished headband and choker. I need to remake the WHOLE dress. The old one wasn't fitting her so we cut it apart to see what we could still use(only the white skirt layer is going to be used...) and we had the brilliant idea to take the hoop she got with her Katja dress and use that for this cosplay. So I need to remake the bodice, make a new black skirt under the white, sash and bow. Thankfully I have spring break the week after next week but I need to find time to run to Jo-Anns to get more of the black fabric.

But first...need to make a pattern for the circle skirt and make a mock up...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote