Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #91
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
So I decided to go all last minute because my friend has a Saturday pass for me.
I guess I'll wear my Pioneer from AC3 cosplay if I go.
Of course, I have no room to stay in and I'm still trying to figure out getting up to Boston from NJ, so who knows.
I went last year with my sister, so it's not my first time. And we both decided not to go this year and save the money for other conventions but..now I really want to all of a sudden.
I can help you out w/ a room if you don't mind floor space. You would have to supply yourself with you own aeromateress.

As for getting to Boston, a bus or train from NYC is your best bet.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #92
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

1 WEEK UNTIL PAX EAST DAY ZERO UPDATES:

-Room is beyond full, so never mind.
-BADGE GET!
-Re-Cosplay meet ups- The decision made on the PAX East forums is that they'll be general meet ups on Friday and Saturday at 4pm by the Rock Band free play area each day. I'll swing by the Saturday one.
-Also you guys should check out the PAX East forums! A lot of cool stuff going down/being plotted.
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/pax-east

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #93
eebee

Whoo! Almost there!

Chris, thanks for the badge connection!

Lucia is so close to done. Just have to attach the sleeves to the shirt, finish the collar, and style the wig. Then I'll lurk around glaring at any Dantes I see. :3

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #94
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Whoo! Almost there!

Chris, thanks for the badge connection!

Lucia is so close to done. Just have to attach the sleeves to the shirt, finish the collar, and style the wig. Then I'll lurk around glaring at any Dantes I see. :3
NP! And I would have totally brought my Dante, but I have like no time to wear more than one costume it seems throughout the weekend O__O.

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #95
Starlightslk
Film Geek

I'm super excited for PAX East! I'm all set to go, hotel set & badges in hand! I just have to finish-up my 2 new cosplays (one is almost done minus zipper & some hems, the other is 85% and this weekend's main project along with any needed fixing to my already completed cosplays).

Cosplay-wise I'll be bringing default & 2 alt versions Morrigan (Darkstalkers) 1 of which is new, L.Raptor Midnight Bliss ver (Darkstalkers), as well as a surprise cosplay, and Cynthia (Pokemon) for the Pokecrawl. I'm still not sure exactly if/when I'll wear everything but I guess that's the beauty of a hometown convention...

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.
Starlightslk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #96
Persiflage88

I'm going, but I can't get there until Friday night because of work.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one finishing things up last minute.

I'm thinking I'm going to be the only male Bayonetta there.
Persiflage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #97
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persiflage88 View Post
I'm going, but I can't get there until Friday night because of work.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one finishing things up last minute.

I'm thinking I'm going to be the only male Bayonetta there.
Dawh. If I didn't already have things set, I would have brought Jeanne.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #98
eebee

Finished Lucia's shirt today! Just little things left. Can't wait for PAX!

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #99
Persiflage88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Oh man, I really want to find a Jeanne cosplayer at PAX. That would be a sweet picture.
Persiflage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #100
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Dag yo, where were you when this went down? We could have used a Jeanne.
http://www.acparadise.com/ace/display.php?p=180885

Anywho, it's PAX Week, hype, etc. Badge get, cosplay's been done since last month, and I finally have an idea what I'm doing each day of the con. I know a few of you have my #, and some other have expressed interest on doing stuffs, so..

Thursday Board Games and drinks is a thing that's happening from 4pm to ??? in the Westinn bar/lobby. I'll be there for most of the evening methinks.

Friday- Wife and I will be back at the Westinn around 8pm for another party at the bar. Not sure what I'm wearing, wife will be running around as Juilet from Lollipop Chainsaw, shouldn't be that hard to miss tHIS: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=61720

Saturday- General cosplayers meet up at 4pm by the Rock Band freeplay area, will also be at the CURSE party that night. from like 9-11, then its time to stumble around buzzed until we can find a DreamCast.

Sunday-Good luck with that.

Unread 03-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #101
CookiePusher

Hello Ladies and Gents!

I've been trying to find the time to post for a bit but have been swamped with work and other nonsense. T-T My bad for lurking...

This will be my first PAX (and first trip to Boston!) so I'm super psyched, and even more excited to see there will be other cosplayers.

Because I'm coming in on a plane, I have to keep props and costume details to a minimum, so sadly my Twilight Princess Zelda has to stay at home.

On Friday I'll be Fiona (with morning star-mode Cake) from Adventure Time; Saturday will be my Chansey Gijinka.

Is the 4pm Saturday meetup at the rockband area for all Cosplayers? Or is it a specific group? Also any Poke meet-ups aside from the panel on Saturday?
CookiePusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #102
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePusher View Post
Is the 4pm Saturday meetup at the rockband area for all Cosplayers? Or is it a specific group? Also any Poke meet-ups aside from the panel on Saturday?
Ironically my wife will be rocking her Fionna on Saturday, complete with a plush Cake and her friend as LSP.

The Rock Band area meet up on each day (4pm both Friday and Saturday, although I'm only showing up on Sat due to panel stuff) is a GENERAL meet up, meaning anyone in costume is invited. As for the Pokeman stuffs, your best checking out the PAX East forums.

In addition to said Rock Band area meets up, there were mumurs of meet ups at the 2 or 3 cosplay plans, but honestly I have no idea what's going on there.

Unread 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #103
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I will be doing my best to make the Saturday cosplay meet-up (will also try for Friday, but it's less likely), so I hope to see some of you there!
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #104
cyanidesun797
Ctl Alt Bingo!

Two days, I'm so excited! I just now finished my cosplay so I can finally stop worrying about it. I'm definitely going to try to make the Saturday cosplay meet-up.
Triss Merigold - Witcher 2

Upcoming Conventions:
Pax East 2013
Anime Boston 2013
Connecticon 2013
Otakon 2013
cyanidesun797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #105
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

2 DAYS PEOPLE! Although I'll be up there come tomorrow afternoon. GET HYPED!