Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
cosplaynewb11

Hey boosterman you should add me on myfitnesspal.
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #32
Boosterman
Bleach

Sure thing so I can piggy back on your ideas just private message your name
Boosterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #33
Michaelswan

-Eat lot of fruits like Blue berry,Papaya,Peach & Oranges and vegetables like Broccoli,Spinach,Beans and Carrots.
-Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages.
-Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.

With all these tips you can try immune tree LeptiTrim6 Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake in chocolate or vanilla flavours with leptin that works on shrinking fat cells among other things.
Michaelswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #34
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Eat less sweets, eat more fruits and vegetables. Don't starve yourself.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #35
sexytime10
See you next week

seems like you've already gotten plenty responses but something that really helped me out was knowing exactly how many calories I should be eating each day; for fat loss you should probably be eating 500cal less than your TDEE which is normally 10 - 12* your bodyweight in lbs of calories.
Hit around that number every day and make sure you are hitting your proper macro-nutrients (protein, carbs, fats) myfitnesspal also gets you set up nicely so you probably already know about that. Eating 1.25g of protein per lbs each day lets you easily calculate how much fat / carbs you should be eating.

I'd recommend eating these foods especially: chicken breast, steel cut or rolled oats, brown rice, salmon, tilapia, tuna, almonds / nuts, almond milk, greek yogurt.

Of course your diet is incomplete without proper cardio / resistance training / weight lifting

TL;DR Weight loss is just math, hit your numbers correctly and you are guaranteed to lose or gain weight.
sexytime10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
Apophenia
Cosmic Friend

Advice above is great; math is pretty much how I maintain my weight. However!! One addendum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime10 View Post
TL;DR Weight loss is just math, hit your numbers correctly and you are guaranteed to lose or gain weight.
True 99% of the time.

However -- and this isn't for the OP so much as anyone who might be thumbing through this -- if you are sticking to your outlined diet perfectly and still not gaining or losing weight, don't be afraid to check in with a doctor. My mom struggled with trying to shed extra pounds for many years despite maintaining a healthy diet, before finding out that she had severe hypothyroidism which was causing weight gain and water retention.

Moral of the story, pay attention to your body & don't get discouraged; everyone is a little bit different.

Personally, apps like MyFitnessPal have been most useful to me as diagnostic tools. I don't use it every day any more, but when I first installed it and kept daily logs, I noticed that I'd often hit my carbohydrate cap early without eating enough (or any!) servings of fruit or vegetables. I figured that since I was eating whole grains it wasn't a big deal, but in actuality I needed to curb my grain intake over-all in order to be eating a balanced diet. It's tough to notice things like that if you aren't writing down what you're eating.
Apophenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #37
KitchenWench

Stay away from processed foods... Eat real whole foods! Fruits, and vegetables should be the majority of your intake. I will juice 2 pummelos for breakfast, with a couple of bananas. For lunch I'll eat homemade vegetable soup with lentils, and half of a vegetable wrap with beans. For dinner I'll make spaghetti squash with an organic tomato sauce, seasonings and fresh herbs. I am vegan, but I have lost all my pregnancy weight plus I am 12 pounds under the weight I was before I got pregnant. If you do plan to eat meat eat small amounts of it, and dairy I wouldn't recommend at all. If you must have pastas or bread I'd recommend a rice bread not a wheat bread. As for protein... I get most of my daily intake from beans, greens, lentils, nuts, seeds, and quinoa. Those are much cleaner sources that are easier for the body to break down. I hope that helps.
KitchenWench is offline   Reply With Quote