Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 415 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #10156
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

Thanks guys! Well I'm hopeless with clay and have limited time so foam seemed like the best choice. I already know what I would changevifvI made it again but pretty happy with it for a first go. The vein details are hot glue. Now I just need to find a pattern/clear pic of the hair slide thingy >_<

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #10157
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Only two weeks to my con and I'm no where near close to being done with Zelda... Let's just say I'm stressin!!! I still gotta finish the all the armor, sleeves and the designs on the dress...
AHHHH!
Here's what I did this week, the crisscross on the bottom of her dress. I was gonna use bias tape, but it was hard and didn't look right. So I used paint instead and though it dosen't look perfect I think it's ok.
Next I'm gonna use iron on transfers and paint to make the other designs.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #10158
Seifer-sama

@ ichigo_m.: I totally hear you! This month has been a super time crunch! It looks like you are making excellent progress though. I hope you are able to finish everything before Sakura con without going crazy.

Cosplay Update:
I ended up redoing my Zelda skirt, redoing the gloves, and refitting the bodice With much stress and frustration too... but just finished yesterday, so I am safe for Sakura con! The updates were well worth the stress I think. The whole costume fits and sits a lot better than it used to. I am so excited to debut it at Sakura con with the cloak. I hope everyone else is making great progress.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #10159
Chikkijet

Can't wait to see everyone's pics!! Haven't realyl done much else aside from tracing out the pauldron pieces on the foam, and hopefully I can start assembling them tomorrow. I also found out there is a bead shop nearby to me that MAY have the blue dangly beads for the shoulder armour and belt, so, yay!!

Sadly, Arda are in the process of restocking the wig I want so need to quickly find another one.

Ichigo, your pics look good you made a lot of progress and the trims on the skirt look nice

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #10160
Chikkijet

Ok so I didn't get anything done on the pauldrons today, as some other stuff came up, but I managed to find a crystal shop to get the droplet beads I need. Sadly it took forever to find it and I had to settle on 2 different colours since I think it was the best I was going to get without waiting and possibly running out of time. I figured if the 2 sets of crystals are not next to each other, the colour difference hopefully won't be too noticeable.

I also ordered my wig (Arda, actually) since they had another colour which I liked better. Most people seem to cosplay Zelda as a blond but I went for a browny red-head, since I prefer her that way

How is everyone else getting along??

Unread 03-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #10161
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: Glad you are making progress on your Zelda! I am really looking forward to photos when you get the chance. I am sure the gems you found will be lovely. Mine don't exactly match either, but it's tough to tell when they aren't right next to each other. I too love the idea of a reddish brown Zelda wig over blonde. That's personally my favorite as well.

Cosplay Update:
Just got back from the Symphony of the Goddesses in Portland, wow! What an awesome show! I brought my TP Zelda to test her out and overall I am really happy with the modifications. I just need to make a few more tweaks and then she should be good to go for Sakura con. I love being able to test costumes before the con! I hope everyone else is making good progress.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #10162
ScarletTanager

@Seifer-sama: Symphony of the Goddess? Did you see another TP Zelda there, RikkuGrape? She's a good friend of mine.

I'm pulling up an old costume idea and making the chainmail for both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess Link. I want a little help though, maybe from someone who knows chain more than me. Is it better to get jump rings or wire and cut them yourself? Cost wise I mean.
Here's the ones I'm talking about getting:
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisp...ver+Jump+Rings
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisp...+Silver+W ire

It seems like the closest to his color to me, especially since it darkens a bit with age.
ScarletTanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #10163
Chikkijet

I'd love to go to a Zelda concert! Am lookuing to see if any are on when I have leave from work, so I can try get to one in another city/country.

Yesterday I managed to cut out the pauldron pieces and assemble some of them. I was confused at first at how they fit together but worked it out. Now I'm on a work trip so not able to do any more (always the way when I get motivated!) But since I am currently in NYC I got to costume store and got a plastic sword as a stand-in b/c I couldn't find a good one in Dubai. I also got a short petticoat to go under the dress as my sister still has my original one and I can also use it for my Sailor Moon cosplay.

Oh and I almost forgot I had ordered some ears from Aradani that were sent to the hotel so I'll be able to practise putting those on when I get back. Arrgh not long now! Just waiting for the dress to arrive but am getting a bit nervous since they haven't given me a shipping confirmation yet :/

Seifer-sama can't wait to see pics of the whole thing with the cloak

Unread 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #10164
Seifer-sama

@ Chikkijet: You should look into it! It was amazing. Glad to hear you are making some more good progress. I sure hope everything arrives on time, I know how nerve-wrecking that can be... Been there and done it. Looking forward to seeing your finished costume as well!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #10165
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

So I did alot of work on my costume the past few days... I mean ALOT!
I have finished my armor (aside from a few small tweeks) The bodice is done, the wig is done and my cape is done. I just need to finish the details on my skirt and sleeves and then make my sword! Yay progress!

Here's an image for those interested. (Alot of these were capped from a video of my skit so that's why they are blurry. I'm gonna get better pictures tomorrow)

Also, is anyone here a skit/walk-on expert? I'm doing my first walk-on in this costume and would love to know some ways to improve on it. I have it in a video, just PM me if you'd be cool to help. (:
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #10166
Adlez-AxeL
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Heeeeij guys!
I finally finished my Ghirahim cosplay after 1 year of laziness!
If you want you can check it out here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/451232/

And here's a peek:

Stay fabulous, peops!

Online Portfolio
www.nadiaxel.com

deviantArt
www.adlez-axel.deviantart.com

- I'm not weird - I'm gifted! -
Adlez-AxeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #10167
Chikkijet

Ichigo, that looks great, you made heaps of progress.

Adlez, awesome job. I really like that tunic fabric, is it velvet? looks very rich

Unread 03-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #10168
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@Ichigo: Woah! But weren't you just posting progress pics of only the wig, like, a week ago? xD Awesome job, that looks wonderful. Wish I had some skit/walk-on advice for you, but I'm afraid I've got no clue either!

@AdlezAxel: ...holy CRAP, that is so cool. =D The make-up is fantastic, you really got his eyes somehow. Going to check out the rest of the gallery now!
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #10169
winryrockbell27

As a lot of you have already said... It's major crunch time for Sakura con. I keep having nightmares that my cosplay won't get done for the convention/contest. The only thing that is completely finished is the pair of earrings, which I am super happy about.

The armor is looking quite awesome so far. I still need to use the resin to coat it (yes, I am using Akuriko's method :P) and paint/weather it. The dress fits well, but it needs a closure... Haha. The one thing I am not exactly looking forward to is casting the resin for the gems, since I have to make a pattern for those out of card stock. We'll see how it goes.
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #10170
Seifer-sama

@ ScarletTanager: I swear your post was not there before. I did see her there actually at the very end! I wish I knew more about making mail, but that's not my area. I hope you find an answer. If you do, let me know, I am interested.

@ ichigo_m.: Love it!!! The cloak looks especially awesome! Good luck on your first walk-on too! I am sure you will be awesome.

@ Adlez-AxeL: I just saw it pop up on the main pain today! Awesome work! I too love the choice of velvet! It's so fitting for Ghirahim!

@ winryrockbell27: You can do it!! Let me know how the cardstock patterns go too. I have never actually tried that, but was always curious how well it worked. Post pictures if you can and if not, then I hope to see you at Sakura con. All finished and looking awesome!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV