Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 351 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #5506
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Got my Funtom rabbit plush yesterday :3 I still need to take pictures with it as Ciel, but oh my god. It is totally worth the $30. It's a bit small (definitely not quite the size you see them in the anime/manga) but incredibly well made with lots of cool details. I am so excited to bring my new baby to a con.

With that said, it's also possible I'll be cosplaying Ciel to Momocon. I don't want to stress my grandmother out by trying to get her to alter my Ririchiyo costume to fit better by Friday (I want to have it with enough time to wear it as a test) So...that might be a possibility. I'll also have to try on my costume I have for him, though, as I know I've lost weight since I first got it..I might need to get a new belt for the pants >.<
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #5507
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I feel like I post here too much, but I'm really only trying to revive it. ;-; I miss you people.

After Momocon I realized I'll probably have to invest in a hopefully final Ciel wig..as mine ended up being really bad quality in con photos. I already have one in mind, I just have to figure out by when I need to order it..Agh. I hate getting so many wigs for him, even though it's over a fairly long period of time. I might sell one of mine off to feel better about doing so..

Also, after Momocon I was talking to a friend I'd never met in real life before and she offered to be Lizzie for me afterwards. Although..I've had so many people offer to be my [whatever from Black Butler] and drop out of it, I'm not betting on anything..it would still be nice, though. Regardless, I think I know what version of Ciel I'll strive for next..the DVD cover:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2471/3...f10_z.jpg?zz=1
It's getting to the point where it's nearing overdone, yes..but one addition I can try for it is that the woman I am getting my current Ciel commission from offered to help me have a proper train for it, and proper fabric for the hat..which is something I've always wanted as a Ciel cosplayer. (I loved the striped fabric it has in the picture and would love a train of that..or just that in general since all the costume shops replace it with black lace..and I understand it isn't really accurate, but I'd still like to have it.)
I'd really like to do this for AWA. Have one Ciel cosplay of a favorite version I put a lot of effort into..and see if that makes me feel good about cosplaying him.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #5508
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

That's the same Ciel we did for my best friend in 2010 when we did our Kuroshitsuji trio. We hunted down a nice pinstripe fabric for the drape off the jacket and the hat. We even hunted down a light blue fabric with a thin navy blue stripe for the vest because we realized it looked striped in the picture. That costume was a learning experience, but it was one of the three in our group when we won a Craftsmanship award, so it was worth the extra effort to hunt down the right stuff. It really can make all the difference.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #5509
rajamitsu

*peeks in?* Might as well contribute to the revival effort. ^^;

So, my original Ciel outfit is falling apart. It's been semi-retired for a while, but I pulled it out over the summer for a friend who was going to cosplay as Pluto. I forgot how much fun it was. XD It took a bit of a beating, so it's officially retired now. However, my husband started re-making it out of a much, much better fabric as a Christmas surprise. It's already looking a LOT better, but it's been pushed aside for two other projects at the moment. I'm hoping I'll have a new, refreshed Ciel this summer sometime. I'd love to have it done by GenCon and steampunk it up a bit, mostly swapping out some accessories and bits and bobs.

Also excited I found the perfect cane for Ciel in my place of work's lost and found. I have a skull cane that I adore (his name's Louis), but it isn't the one he has with the outfit I do. I watched that thing like a hawk and claimed it when the time limit was up months later and it was about to go in the trash unclaimed.

...aaaand, as much as I dislike the outfit itself, the hubby and I also been considering putting the pink ballgown on our "to-do" list. One of our current projects involves a large dress and we've been contemplating other dresses we could make using the same underthings. I really, really wanted to do the Sleepy Hollow one, but the skirt shape is different. So we've been looking at the pink one, since we both have niggling pet peeves regarding it (not wearing a petticoat or any sort of support under it, leaving the skirt flat and withour poof, for example, is a common one) and want to do an absolutely awesome version of it. Hoping by the time we get to it (if we ever do) the fandom will have died down a bit. ^^;
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #5510
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
...aaaand, as much as I dislike the outfit itself, the hubby and I also been considering putting the pink ballgown on our "to-do" list. One of our current projects involves a large dress and we've been contemplating other dresses we could make using the same underthings. I really, really wanted to do the Sleepy Hollow one, but the skirt shape is different. So we've been looking at the pink one, since we both have niggling pet peeves regarding it (not wearing a petticoat or any sort of support under it, leaving the skirt flat and withour poof, for example, is a common one) and want to do an absolutely awesome version of it. Hoping by the time we get to it (if we ever do) the fandom will have died down a bit. ^^;
The only reason I would like to do the pink ballgown, is so that I can still play Ciel but feel incredibly girly. I would also prefer the Sleepy Hollow dress, but I feel like I'd just basically be doing Ciel, just with a clip-on ponytail. It feels more like what a genuine female Ciel would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
That's the same Ciel we did for my best friend in 2010 when we did our Kuroshitsuji trio. We hunted down a nice pinstripe fabric for the drape off the jacket and the hat. We even hunted down a light blue fabric with a thin navy blue stripe for the vest because we realized it looked striped in the picture. That costume was a learning experience, but it was one of the three in our group when we won a Craftsmanship award, so it was worth the extra effort to hunt down the right stuff. It really can make all the difference.
Awesome Right now it's really between that and the final outfit from the second musical that looks very similar. I noticed it costs a bit less than the other I was looking for (despite coming from a costume shop renowned for being expensive but gorgeous quality), I'd just have to work on getting the hat seperate.
I wonder if I could find a tutorial or something..it's like a mini-pirate hat and I could probably get away with it not being quite the same fabric since the real costume reference doesn't seem to be. That, and I'd have to make a bow out of similar fabric to go on the boots if I were really a perfectionist.
I quite like the idea of doing more of it myself. And I'm horribly clumsy at cons..not sure if I should trust myself with carrying around a train yet. We'll have to see how everything works out, though.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #5511
rajamitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
The only reason I would like to do the pink ballgown, is so that I can still play Ciel but feel incredibly girly. I would also prefer the Sleepy Hollow dress, but I feel like I'd just basically be doing Ciel, just with a clip-on ponytail. It feels more like what a genuine female Ciel would be.
I gotta admit, there is some appeal of wandering around in a "princessy" kinda gown. XD But it'd also be fun to grump about it in, too. More grumpy than Ciel usually is, that is.

Oh! Here's a question: I've been trying to convince my husband to join me and make himself a Kuroshitsuji costume so we can wander about as a pair. Problem is, I'm not 100% sure who he should be. He's a little too manly to pull off a lot of the characters. I'd love for him to do Bard, but he refuses 'cos he wants to do something a little more elaborate. I'm thinking Charles Phipps is the next best choice. Anyone I'm forgetting? Here's his photo gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/240462/photos/
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #5512
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
I gotta admit, there is some appeal of wandering around in a "princessy" kinda gown. XD But it'd also be fun to grump about it in, too. More grumpy than Ciel usually is, that is.

Oh! Here's a question: I've been trying to convince my husband to join me and make himself a Kuroshitsuji costume so we can wander about as a pair. Problem is, I'm not 100% sure who he should be. He's a little too manly to pull off a lot of the characters. I'd love for him to do Bard, but he refuses 'cos he wants to do something a little more elaborate. I'm thinking Charles Phipps is the next best choice. Anyone I'm forgetting? Here's his photo gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/240462/photos/
True, true.
Charles sounds like a good choice. I see a good bit of Charles Grey, but hardly ever Charles Phipps.
The only other characters I really see as very manly are Agni and William, and even then you can debate with me on that.

On that note..I would also love to cosplay Alois again. Maybe I'll start trying to keep an eye out for a green vest (the only reason I don't cosplay him more is because my vest for him is too short ;-; )
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 03-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #5513
rajamitsu

Quote:
True, true.
Charles sounds like a good choice. I see a good bit of Charles Grey, but hardly ever Charles Phipps.
The only other characters I really see as very manly are Agni and William, and even then you can debate with me on that.
Agni could work and I think he did actually like him. I'll have to run it by him.
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #5514
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
I feel like I post here too much, but I'm really only trying to revive it. ;-; I miss you people.
I feel the same but I haven't made any progress in terms of Black Butler cosplay, so I had nothing to say. I'm waiting for a Simplicity pattern sale so I can work on Indian Ciel. I want to get that done in time for ACEN as the photoshoots there are awesome.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #5515
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I feel the same but I haven't made any progress in terms of Black Butler cosplay, so I had nothing to say. I'm waiting for a Simplicity pattern sale so I can work on Indian Ciel. I want to get that done in time for ACEN as the photoshoots there are awesome.
Ah. I'm still just waiting patiently for my commissioned outfit.
Unfortunately there's been a lot going on for her so it's been taking longer than expected. It is useful being Facebook friends with her so I know these things, though, rather than just all-out panicking over it..though I am starting to get anxious as the con I'd decided to wear it to is a couple of weeks away.
I don't want to force it on her since I know how ill she's been and all the worries she's been having, but the next con I'd be able to wear it to is in September. I don't want to wait that long to wear him again. e-e;

EDIT: Well, what do you know. Last night she sent me an update apologizing for the waiting and telling me all she has to do is get the time to sew it together.
We talked about it for a while and it should be in my hands by May 1st.
That helps ease my nerves :3 I won't have it for AAD, but that's fine. She also said if I wear it at AWA, she can meet up and get pictures of me in it, which I would appreciate.
And since it'll be so long before I can wear it to a con, I might go ahead and get a new wig for it sometime between then and now. (Mine turned out to be really, really BLUE and poor quality in professional lighting. Bluh. >.> It isn't that big a deal since I've got several months to get it, though.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-21-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #5516
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well, I learned that the next Simplicity pattern sale is in a week. Would've been more convenient if it was now as my Spring Break just started. But I only have two classes this semester and it's a simple outfit, so I feel confindent that I'll get it done for ACEN. I guess now I can search for the jewelry.

But like I said before, I'm getting really frustrated that the term "Indian" got placed on Native Americans as I keep coming up with their culture instead of things from India.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #5517
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Well, I learned that the next Simplicity pattern sale is in a week. Would've been more convenient if it was now as my Spring Break just started. But I only have two classes this semester and it's a simple outfit, so I feel confindent that I'll get it done for ACEN. I guess now I can search for the jewelry.

But like I said before, I'm getting really frustrated that the term "Indian" got placed on Native Americans as I keep coming up with their culture instead of things from India.
Hm..maybe for the jewelery, you could get some help from a Judal (Magi) cosplayer? It seems like his jewelery is similar to Indian Ciel's, even if only a little, but they could be able to help you out.

On my front..I can never just decide on a costume and have that be that. Almost as soon as I seriously ask another CosCom user about their Undertaker wig and commit to that costume mentally, Grell catches my eye again ;-; I've been obsessing over the second musical lately and totally blame that..Uehara always makes me want to be Grell. There's just all these little details with his costume that I love, from his shoes to the vest he wears.
But I'm going to feel like a butt if I just back out of getting the Undertaker wig from them for Grell. :| I'm not really sure at all what to do. I'd like to do Grell as he is my favorite character, and I know I WILL cosplay him sometime (he is, after all, the entire reason I got into the series in the first place, nearly three years ago now) but I also know how tricky actually cosplaying him is from two horribly crash-and-burn attempts..
Not that Undertaker wouldn't take just as much effort, mind you. It'd just be a little less effort on the wig, more effort on the scars and such.
I just don't know what I want to do first. They're both difficult but in their own ways. It doesn't help me make a decision.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #5518
Akune-chan

-pops in-

Hello!
I am a Grell and a Prince Soma Cosplayer!
Nice to meet you all!

You can check out my Grell cosplay here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...17089&type =3

And my Prince Soma Cosplay here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...17089& type=3

Please critique! I am always looking for new ways to improve my cosplays!
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #5519
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@Akune-chan: I love both your costumes, especially the Soma. The only thing I would suggest for Grell is to thin out the piece that falls in front of your face from the wig. It obscures your face a bit and hides the glasses. Other than that, they both are great. You look BEAUTIFUL as Soma, if you don't mind me saying.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #5520
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
@Akune-chan: I love both your costumes, especially the Soma. The only thing I would suggest for Grell is to thin out the piece that falls in front of your face from the wig. It obscures your face a bit and hides the glasses. Other than that, they both are great. You look BEAUTIFUL as Soma, if you don't mind me saying.

Ah thanks so much! >///<;
I never really thought that I could pull off Soma so it was a real surprise for me when the opportunity came up!

As for Grell, that is what everyone has been telling me! Its just that wig won't comply and now its a tangled mess. Not even the water/lotion and silicon method is working now. :[ I might just have to buy a new wig all together though I really don't want too...

I am always at awe with your Madame Red *0* Its just gorgeous!