Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #586
joshspiderman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostflogged View Post
I'm working on Video Game Twilight Lady right now, and I'm hoping to have it done for Anime Boston, or C2E2.

After that I'm going to try and finish my Rorschach costume and hopefully not mess it up too badly. Somewhere along the line I thought it would be a good idea to make his white collared shirt (since in the movie it's made out of linen, which I couldn't find anywhere), and 3 piece suit, and trench coat so now I'm stuck with piles of fabric until I man up and try my hand at mens tailoring.

After that I'm probably going to make Rule63!Nite Owl, Walter (for a friend to wear), the Silhouette and the Nurse girlfriend (again, for a friend to wear).
For rorschach Id suggest using only a 2 piece insted of a three piece. When I made mine it was hard enough getting the suit coat ontop without it looking to bulky. with three pieces it will be really stiff. If you need more shots of the coat. Either look up london fogs,DSCP Coat(military all weather trenches) or look up a place called Magnoli, hes is a prop maker and sells a 500.00 coat it might help to look at it for reference. Also you could check out my profile my coat is just altered, weathered, dyed and waxed. If anyone needs any help just let me know Im pretty active on alot of the forums on the web about rorschach costumes and would love to help
Im really excited to see how it turns out especially your Twilight lady.
joshspiderman23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #587
wednesday42

Greetings -

I made a Rorschach costume for last Halloween (some pics here and mask process here), and I'm hoping to find an appropriate con to wear it this year. Most of the conventions I've seen advertised online are for anime; can anyone recommend anything near WI?
wednesday42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #588
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I say wear it to whatever con you want. The only people that will care are the elitists and who cares what they think?

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #589
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday42 View Post
Greetings -

I made a Rorschach costume for last Halloween (some pics here and mask process here), and I'm hoping to find an appropriate con to wear it this year. Most of the conventions I've seen advertised online are for anime; can anyone recommend anything near WI?
Yep looks good to mee, too good for just one wear. Nice looking Watchman group photo too.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #590
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

I really want to do a Sally Jupiter Silk Spectre I one of these days. it's a dream cosplay of mine, but IDK if I can do something that "sexy" well. but I am going to DragonCOn this year, so I am really thinking about it, espically if I can get someone I know to do a Silk Spectre II with me.

I've been looking though this thread and got the great reference and will pass along the laytex info if I do find a friend to do SSII. but any tips for SSI? where can I look to buy the underpart or at least maybe parts to put it together? any tips on garders? I wore them
only once inside before and they were a real pain. also I would really like to do a wig, but
has seen everyone saying that their natural hair looks better for it.

costumes for this year: Ron (red version of Len Vocaloid), Neru (Vocaloid), Sakura (Card Captors), Kinon (post time skip gurren lagenn), One Piece villian, Miss Mary Marvel,
Mystique (XMEN), Cassandra (Soul Calibur III)

Planned Cons of 2010:
Freecon
A-kon (a big maybe)
DragonCon
EXPcon
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #591
NeQuittezPas

I created a separate thread ( http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=200836 ) asking for help with this, but I figured I'd ask here as well:

Does anyone know a good pattern for a double-breasted suit or, alternately, a way to obtain an alterable double-breasted pinstriped suit for Rorschach? (Preferably without running me bankrupt, as I am but a mere, jobless highschool student.)
NeQuittezPas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #592
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

I also bought stuff going towards making my b/f a Comedian costume.
looking for reference pics and ideas on how.

costumes for this year: Ron (red version of Len Vocaloid), Neru (Vocaloid), Sakura (Card Captors), Kinon (post time skip gurren lagenn), One Piece villian, Miss Mary Marvel,
Mystique (XMEN), Cassandra (Soul Calibur III)

Planned Cons of 2010:
Freecon
A-kon (a big maybe)
DragonCon
EXPcon
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #593
joshspiderman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru230 View Post
I also bought stuff going towards making my b/f a Comedian costume.
looking for reference pics and ideas on how.
Which version are you doing movie or comic???
joshspiderman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #594
Ranma 1-2

Original Watchmen Screen Costumepics

Came across this site today with large pics of all the screen costumes on display.

http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprop...label/Watchmen

enjoy..
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #595
jTw1n
Super Villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeQuittezPas View Post
I created a separate thread ( http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=200836 ) asking for help with this, but I figured I'd ask here as well:

Does anyone know a good pattern for a double-breasted suit or, alternately, a way to obtain an alterable double-breasted pinstriped suit for Rorschach? (Preferably without running me bankrupt, as I am but a mere, jobless highschool student.)
Best advice would be check you local Goodwill. I find a lot of suits for costumes and you can find shoes or belts as well. And if you have a student id you get 10% off usually.

I made a Ozy costume and my good friend went as the comedian.
jTw1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #596
SimplySabra

I hope to see a new surge in Watchmen after the release of Before Watchmen. The new Silk Spectre variant costume is GOREGOUS! It's this here... http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im.../DC31286lg.jpg
SimplySabra is offline   Reply With Quote