Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

Sora's hair: Styling vs. Wefting

Hey, all. I'm looking to cosplay as Sora a few months from now and seeing as how I'm going to have to make his wig myself probably, I'd like to know which method of wig construction results in a more accurate to the game looking wig: Styling? Or wefting?

Thoughts?
BlacklightSora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Well, no matter what, wefting alone won't do squat. You need to style regardless. Wefting is just putting the wefts INTO the wig. That won't make it a sora wig. But let me tell you if you go to arda, get the Jaguar. If you are doing KH2 version his hair is lighter, get the warm light brown color. Any other version use spanish brown. I did both the KH1 and KH2 wigs. The KH1 isn't exact though, I was only seeing if I could pretty much do it..

KH2:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3152745/

KH1 (and the other versions):
http://s88.beta.photobucket.com/user...wig-1.jpg.html

Both wigs were on the same base wig (separate wigs of course, but I had 2 of the same one) and NEITHER needed extra wefts, and neither show the netting at ALL.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

I just meant which method would produce the more accurate to the game result: styling a pre-made wig or wefting my own wig with pre-styled spikes?
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

You still don't seem too understand..you can't weft in spikes..you have to weft unstyled hair then style it yourself. I told you the easiest way but obviously you don't want that kind of help, you are trying to do something that isn't possible. Neither methods will look correct. Why buy a ptestyled wig in the first place just to redo it? And the other isn't possible.
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

The jaguar will have enough hair for me to style without wefting in more hair? Just double checking before I get one.
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yes. I have used that wig for more then just sora, mine you can't see the wefting. It has a skin top and crimped at the base so all the areas where there's spikes you won't see anything. Which game are you cosplaying from? Kh2 has lighter colored hair then the other versions
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
keimi

I guess you could do the jaguar style from arda but personally I think the Jareth in Spanish Brown (050) from arda would be a better fit. I have seen people use the Jareth for Sora and I think it looks great! It has more hair for spiking (length wise) and is a fairly thick wig. If you aren't sure about getting wefts you could always order them later if you decide you would like more hair to work with. Adding wefts would most likely make it easier to spike/ style and hide netting better though. For styling products, Got2b hair spray and glue works to hold hair in place very well. It helps if you apply some heat to the wig too when doing this, just not too much! Hope I helped a bit!
keimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I think I'm gonna have to kick in on what keimi said about using the Jereth..Look at the cloud wig to the left over there
<----
In my avatar. See how the wspikes look thin? That's a Jereth. The Jaguar is actually a lot thicker (I have used about 5-6 of each one and I noticed this about ALL of them). While the Jereth IS a good wig for spiking, the Jaguar is all around better for Sora. And Spannish brown is good for all the other versions of him (meaning not KH2), because like I said, in that game his hair is a lighter color (in which case, use warm light brown)
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Yes. I have used that wig for more then just sora, mine you can't see the wefting. It has a skin top and crimped at the base so all the areas where there's spikes you won't see anything. Which game are you cosplaying from? Kh2 has lighter colored hair then the other versions
Yup. Already settled on the warm light brown color you recommended. Just trying to settle on what style wig to get. That said, I think I'll go Jaguar.
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #10
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea, I mean, not bashing on the jereth or anything. I actually LOVE the Jereth, but for suller spikes the jaguar does work a little better. I mean, if you wanted Yugioh spikes, then by all means use the jereth, as the jaguar isn't neatly long enough for that, but I barely had to cut mine (I razor cut it). I really like that color too. It's a very nice shade between a normal light brown and dark brown. Anyway, I'd love to see how it turns out.

Also, while we are in the KH forum and not any specific "parts" forum (like armor or wig forums), I was wondering if you were still looking for some other parts like the accessorie chains and such. I'm actually gonna be making the Thunder Trinket and the Acrisius Chain. I can let you know how those go. If you still are in the market after I make them, I can make you some (for a commission you'd have to pay for though).