Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 111 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2206
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but maybe if they were, I donno, closer together? Maybe try that out, L'arc, because everything else looks fantastic. You do an awesome job with makeup, my friend.
Thank you muchly, lol. Yeah, I can try that next time. Honestly, while working on form, I dunno. The bust was not really my big concern as much as the well.... shapeliness of the body, which was actually my prime goal in those pictures. Glad to get these tips, and will try to look into this maybe tomorrow or whenever I get my next chance. x:

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #2207
wallflora
Angsty Teen

Recently did a Zuko makeup test. Ignore this wig- it's my Kanaya one backwards, lol. What do you guys think (I'm biologically female if that wasn't clear!)
http://tinypic.com/r/2820vn9/6
wallflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #2208
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Those are nice and all, but for me, they aren't what I'm looking for. I'd like ones that are actual beasts. You know, like where you can blend them to your skin to get cleavage. Thanks anyway
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #2209
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Those are nice and all, but for me, they aren't what I'm looking for. I'd like ones that are actual beasts. You know, like where you can blend them to your skin to get cleavage. Thanks anyway
Oh... well, I tried. I dunno if I will personally have a cleavage character, but yeah. Good luck in your search.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #2210
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Just popping in to say "WOW!!!" Larcenciel, you're avatar pic looks great!

@Jason: Only breast forms I know of range from $625-$700 (Boobs for Queens). You may be able to find less expensive ones, I don't know.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #2211
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

PSY, yea I know about those. I was on, like I said, thebreastformstore.com and they have ones that are a pair, but they are fleshtone and have adhesive you use to stick to your body, then I was assuming using my skin's toned makeup would blend them to my body. Placing them just right with will crat cleavage, but I just wasn't sure exactly on the blending and how well that works for others. Or even how good their products are lol They are a great price too
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #2212
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Just popping in to say "WOW!!!" Larcenciel, you're avatar pic looks great!

@Jason: Only breast forms I know of range from $625-$700 (Boobs for Queens). You may be able to find less expensive ones, I don't know.

Lol, thanks PSY. Still improving as I can. Didn't add any update pictures in my thread, but what I posted here and my avatar are a few from that batch.

Can't wait to get that cosplay image going, but as it is for now, we will have to wait and see, haha.

Unread 03-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #2213
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Hm, I think you could figure out your band size yourself at the vrry least next time you pick out a bra Larc. Justmeasure your under bust...but may be difficult on a guy. Your underbust is the area right underneath your breasts. I couldn't even begin to guess what size your inserts look but I'd guess any where from a b to a c. Def if you can find some thing more natural and affordable go w it. After my weight loss I lost 2 band sizes. I think I even went down a cup. XD good luck with your boobage! lol I guess if you need any orher girl tips ill be around as well as the female community. Lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #2214
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Much appreciated Kawaii. I'll see what I can do. I understand how to measure the band. Still just worry about buying 500 bras before finding the right size, lol. Oh well. I'll do some more accurate measuring and see what happens there, lol.

Unread 04-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #2215
Casslemen

Want to know ahead of time If my idea of crossplaying bioshock's Elizabeth will prevail or look horrible facial appearance wise. So I ask you all-
Can I Pass?
http://tinypic.com/r/2wnpve8/6
Casslemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #2216
FlingsMoonshine
Moonshine

Hey everyone! Um Im planning on crossplaying as Red at A-Kon this year. I dont know much about contouring, but if I get an opinion or two that think I could pass, Ill want to give it a shot. All Ive done in these pictures is a little bit of foundation to lessen the pink-ness of my lips, tried to shorten my lashes by using a blonde mascara, and a bit of foundation because hat+dark circles=evil demon from below.

tl;dr can I pass as a boy with (or without) a bit more work?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...724/photo1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...724/photo2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...724/photo3.jpg (blurry ;_; )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...724/photo4.jpg

Thanks!

PS: Ill be wearing a wig for Red. Im just playing around in my Ness shirt and hat for a test run.
FlingsMoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #2217
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casslemen View Post
Want to know ahead of time If my idea of crossplaying bioshock's Elizabeth will prevail or look horrible facial appearance wise. So I ask you all-
Can I Pass?
http://tinypic.com/r/2wnpve8/6
I think you need to try some makeup and such before anyone can really say.

Please don't take that as rude or brushing you off, but makeup can make such a HUGE difference that it's really hard for most people to get an idea without seeing you try it.

I think you have potential to be able to pull it off - you just have to try.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #2218
Lukas.SLK

So here goes. Can I pass? Like a week ago my sis and her friend had costume check at our house and i made fun of them. For that they got me to wear this. . It is only part of her old Lina Inverse costume thankfully. They teased the hell out of me how good it suits. So I made a bet with them. Stupid me. I will post it and if anyone says i can pass i will have to wear all of it and go to costume party they have planed. I erased the background cause i have terible mess in my room. On the picture i had hands on table arguing with her friend when my sister snapped the picture. She has me cornered so please tell me i cant pass.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Lu...tml?sort=3&o=0
Lukas.SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #2219
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas.SLK View Post
So here goes. Can I pass? Like a week ago my sis and her friend had costume check at our house and i made fun of them. For that they got me to wear this. . It is only part of her old Lina Inverse costume thankfully. They teased the hell out of me how good it suits. So I made a bet with them. Stupid me. I will post it and if anyone says i can pass i will have to wear all of it and go to costume party they have planed. I erased the background cause i have terible mess in my room. On the picture i had hands on table arguing with her friend when my sister snapped the picture. She has me cornered so please tell me i cant pass.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Lu...tml?sort=3&o=0
Um. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. If you want to, do it.

I'm not going to say how I feel about how you look because this is just a little bit too weird and you should be making your own choice. It's fun to have bets and even have to do something embarrassing, but no one can actually force you.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #2220
Lukas.SLK

Well you are right that i have to decide this for myself. I had talk with sister about that bet and she called it of and apologized. Which made me rethink this. I kind of like this anime to. She wouldnt get me in that costume if i didnt co-operate. It wasnt all that unconfortable but she crossed the line with make up. That costume party is just with our good friends so i dont care that much. They all know me well. So i think ill go just for the sake of fun bet or no bet. I just want to know if i can pull this off withount looking like something from rocky horror picture show before i go. I cant ask my friends because i dont want to lose that element of surprise when i speak up.
Lukas.SLK is offline   Reply With Quote