Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
SongInTheStorm
GenderBender

Fem Cosplay: Snow Villiers(Final Fantasy XIII)

Hey guys!
I'm working on a Fem'Snow cosplay and could use some assistance/advice.

Here's a progress photo.I don't have the coat right now and the scarf and boots will be changed.
http://flic.kr/p/e4Q1bi

Here's Snow:
http://flic.kr/p/e4Q1hD

Now what I need advice on: The wig. It's actually a light pink wig that I used for Serah(from the same series) a couple years ago. I tried it on with the cosplay to make the headwrap big enough to accommodate a wig, and liked how it looked. So here's my question,do you think people would maybe catch on to an idea of 'Oh that's Serah dressed as Snow' or do you think I should buy a new wig entirely and keep it strictly Fem'Snow?

Any little bit of help would be appreciated.Thanks guys!
~~~Namine~~~
*SECRET*
SongInTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I think it's coming along just fine. The wig, however, seems out of character(?) I'm not very familiar with Snow's personality, but a shorter, choppier wig might look more genderbent. Something like this Epic wig, but with some layers; or Arda's Inigo or Jareth styles. Think Paine from FFX-2; or like CelticSakura and Hee-Hee's wigs from the Iron Wig contest, seen here.
Don't know if I'm making any sense...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
SongInTheStorm
GenderBender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
I think it's coming along just fine. The wig, however, seems out of character(?) I'm not very familiar with Snow's personality, but a shorter, choppier wig might look more genderbent. Something like this Epic wig, but with some layers; or Arda's Inigo or Jareth styles. Think Paine from FFX-2; or like CelticSakura and Hee-Hee's wigs from the Iron Wig contest, seen here.
Don't know if I'm making any sense...
Thanks and it's funny you mentioned those 2 specific Arda wigs, cause I was looking at them for this too lol Thanks for the help! =)
~~~Namine~~~
*SECRET*
SongInTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

No problem! Glad I could help out!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

You need some loose pants at the very least to tuck into similar boots. Also on his head is more of a wrapping then a Bennie. His revealed chest will be hard for any female to do imho. I have no idea how you could overcome that though. Also most of his clothes on the edges are failing apart, you may or may not want to do this depending on whether you can do it without running the jacket, pants etc.

Really though with Snow, how you portray him (exaggerated manly body movements) is going to be the most important aspect of you crossplay assuming you look anything like him costume wise in the end.

I fell like i'll be posting this a lot so I am giving the best advice I can. Have no idea if it is any good though.
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
LakuriSyaoran
Queen of Feels

Oh no! Snows a girl now!? Idk if Serah's ok with this

I think your idea is super cute actually haha. I would have to say that a straight wig would be a better idea though, cause the curls I don't think match very well XD. It kinda makes me think of Serah dressing up as Snow more so them just bein' fem Snow haha.

otherwise idk I really like your idea XD, are you going to do the coat at all?

~*~
Cons for 2014:
AOD , Fanime, Anime Expo, SD Comicon?
New Cosplays:
Lightning - Midnight Mauve; Anna, From Frozen
Returning Cosplays:
-Serah Farron (XIII-2) Standard; Lightning - Default LR outfit, Tootiana - Rise of the Guardians
~*~
LakuriSyaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I like what you are doing so far for fem Snow. ^_^ From what I can remember from the ten minutes I did play of 13 I agree with Psy-chan about a shorter, more choppier wig would fit a fem version.

If you do want to make it a Serah in Snow's clothing style type of thing, I think people will catch on if you have more of Serah's accessories(her necklace, her bow, ect.) since I'm not sure if you can get Serah's distinct hair style with the Snow bandana on and such.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote