Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
ayem

Hey

Ok, this is going to seem a little weird but here we go

I haven't had friends since I was 12 right, so like now lately I've been trying to find a way to make friends I'm like 20 atm. I've never gone to a convention, I live in a small town. Ok now so I've been thinking of going to community college JUST to make friends, I kind of got taken out of the school system so I didnt experince that, but I already have a job and a set plan for myself so I'd really only be going there to make friends anyway I kinda dropped that idea, I found a few groups on meetup and stuff but none of them really interested me right.. yo I know this post is kinda sad I'm just looking for advice lol anyway let me continue
I read this "maiotaku" website something about stuff talking about otakus and was like dang I should be looking for friends interested in the same stuff as me instead of just looking for friends. I found out theres a few little anime shops around me I could go too, and they have little meetups and stuff. and a conventions even coming up soon. I've actually cosplayed before, but haven't done it in public because I haven't shared my hobby with anyone else. I've always been into anime and stuff since I was 5. I had friends into it back then but we had to move to another town etc I'd love to go to this convention coming up and cosplay even but it just seems so hard especially doing it alone lol

Anyway I dunno what I'm asking, I figured I'd just post this here since the people here are always running in cons cosplaying with groups or so and you're all into my hobby lol so I'd probably get some pretty good insights from you

ahhh lol
ayem is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Talk to someone and seem interested in what they're talking about. If a conversation goes organically, and you find something to bond over, you might make a friend. You just have to take a risk.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote