Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Way to Make This Look Better?

So I got my petticoat in for Camellia Gumi and I love how huge and poofy it is. However, when I tried it on with the rest of the pieces for Camellia Gumi it looks...wrong? I don't know how to describe it, it doesn't look right. I'm not really sure if it is possible to "fix" the look or not. I think I could make the circle skirt longer to cover the whole top of the petticoat but will that fix the problem? Or should I try to see if I can return this petticoat and get a smaller one?

I really would like to use this petticoat if possible but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. :/

Petticoat with the rest of the cosplay: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ps6088fc7a.jpg

Ref Image: http://thumbnails.inkfrog.com/pix/sk..._001.jpg/600/0

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

The petticoat does look far too large for this costume. Also the white part doesn't seem like it's as full as it should be. If you are going to insist on this petticoat, you may want to consider removing a couple of the lower levels and making the white part more full in the skirt so it'll properly lay on top of it. I think it should be wider as well.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
twiterpert
Fiend or Foe?

The character's petti only hits at mid-thigh, while your's goes below the knee. To make it more accurate, I would say the bottom two tiers have to go, but I also think this would be a terrible thing to do to a petti you just bought. If you can exchange it, I would, otherwise, you could alter the costume into a more formal/modest look. To do that, I would extend the overskirt to cover all but the final tier and give it a bit more fullness so it doesn't look too taut. A few weights in the overskirt hem will help keep it from flipping around while you walk.
twiterpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^I really like that idea! I'm trying to see if I can return it but if not, I'll do your idea. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote