Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Another bug/thing I'd really like to see fixed is that if you or someone else delete a comment on a costume profile the comment count won't go down. For example let's say your costume has 3 comments and one of them is a spam message so you delete it.. but after it's deleted your costume profile still says there's 3 comments. It's annoying.

Oh, and also I miss the option to be able to self delete spam comments. It's a hassle having to contact a mod to do it.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 03-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #32
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Good to know I'm not the only one. I like using this site but the misaligned drop-down menu every time I want to search for forum threads/posts is super annoying, as are the glitches with uploading photos and such.

In Progress:
  • Sailor Star Healer (Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)
  • Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
  • [Secret Project]

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #33
Akune-chan

Something else that I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned while skimming this forum (sorry if this was mentioned before)

The mobile site.
Omfg the mobile site.
It makes me rage so much.

Reasons:
1. When you zoom in, the toolbar at the top of the page zooms in as well. Not a big deal, until you side scroll to the right in order to log in. The toolbar remains in the exact same place cutting off Events, Forums, Search, Wig Store and the log in drop down box thing.
2. When you somehow finally get to the log in drop box thing, you click the place to type your username and password, your keyboard comes up, the drop box thing disappears. Like wait, now I have to blindly enter my username and password? Great.
3. Now I am not sure if this is because of my phone or not but now when you surf the forums, there is a white, slightly transparent film that covers the whole place, except the tool bar. Extremely strange.
4. Now I am guessing due to this film, when you go to type in a comment/respond to a forum, the first letter of every word is capitalized. And if you make a mistake and you go back to change it, that letter you just changed, becomes capitalized.
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #34
miyatree
chocobo hunter extreme.

I don't even understand how people are getting pictures uploaded here at all. D: I've tried to upload the same two pictures for almost a month now, and while the upload appears to go through, and I get the "please wait for so-and-so time" message, the pictures have never showed up. :/ It's really starting to annoy me, haha.
Anime North 2014: Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan)

warfiend
Anime North 2014: Masrur (Magi)
Anime North 2014: Rivaille (Attack on Titan)
miyatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #35
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Something else that I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned while skimming this forum (sorry if this was mentioned before)

The mobile site.
Omfg the mobile site.
It makes me rage so much.

Reasons:
1. When you zoom in, the toolbar at the top of the page zooms in as well. Not a big deal, until you side scroll to the right in order to log in. The toolbar remains in the exact same place cutting off Events, Forums, Search, Wig Store and the log in drop down box thing.
2. When you somehow finally get to the log in drop box thing, you click the place to type your username and password, your keyboard comes up, the drop box thing disappears. Like wait, now I have to blindly enter my username and password? Great.
3. Now I am not sure if this is because of my phone or not but now when you surf the forums, there is a white, slightly transparent film that covers the whole place, except the tool bar. Extremely strange.
4. Now I am guessing due to this film, when you go to type in a comment/respond to a forum, the first letter of every word is capitalized. And if you make a mistake and you go back to change it, that letter you just changed, becomes capitalized.
SO THIS.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Ninbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #36
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
SO THIS.
So its not only me!
I was afraid that my phone was a glitching cest pool. ; w ;
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
Dragonicsoul

Oh, dear. And here I thought it was just the shop that was dying. I ordered a wig (pre-order) back in February, and while it's listed as complete, I have yet to receive it. It's April.

The announcements on just about every page in the Wig Store are horribly out of date, and have been for some time--TOO long. I contacted the store last month after having no update on my wig, and mentioned the outdated notices. Some of them are gone, some of them are just slightly changed, and that's really about it.

I recently e-mailed the support staff about the wig again (I think I sent it Thursday?) and have yet to receive a response. My last query was replied to in about a day, and I'm severely disappointed. I need that wig if I'm going to make even Senshi Matsuri, since I probably won't be able to hit up AB. But the staff is incommunicado.

Has anyone else had this problem? (and also, why is there no forum for the store? Or even just a designated one for Site Feedback? Seems just as short sighted as all the errors and such you all have found.)

Current Cosplays:
Zoicite (Sailor Moon Classic)
Sailor Nightfall (SM/Ranma 1/2 crossover fic "Fist of the Moon"

Desperately trying to figure out:
How to make a wig and boots to convert Nightfall to Sailor Vesta (Sailor Moon Stars [manga only]
Dragonicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #38
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonicsoul View Post
Oh, dear. And here I thought it was just the shop that was dying. I ordered a wig (pre-order) back in February, and while it's listed as complete, I have yet to receive it. It's April.

The announcements on just about every page in the Wig Store are horribly out of date, and have been for some time--TOO long. I contacted the store last month after having no update on my wig, and mentioned the outdated notices. Some of them are gone, some of them are just slightly changed, and that's really about it.

I recently e-mailed the support staff about the wig again (I think I sent it Thursday?) and have yet to receive a response. My last query was replied to in about a day, and I'm severely disappointed. I need that wig if I'm going to make even Senshi Matsuri, since I probably won't be able to hit up AB. But the staff is incommunicado.

Has anyone else had this problem? (and also, why is there no forum for the store? Or even just a designated one for Site Feedback? Seems just as short sighted as all the errors and such you all have found.)
I wish we would of gotten to you sooner.
If you had gone to the Reviews section of this website, people would of told you to stay away from Cos.com when it came to buying their wigs. Mostly because of the service you just described...
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #39
Dragonicsoul

Ah. I must not have been able to FIND the reviews section, in that case.

I couldn't find any other stores online that offered extensions in the same colors as a medium wig, or even many with extensions at all. *sigh*

I got an e-mail from support last night, saying that they would look into it, but now I'm not so sure. There's 60 bucks gone, looks like. (30 for wig, 30 for three sets of extensions. Vesta has a lot of hair and this is my first wig-styling.)

Current Cosplays:
Zoicite (Sailor Moon Classic)
Sailor Nightfall (SM/Ranma 1/2 crossover fic "Fist of the Moon"

Desperately trying to figure out:
How to make a wig and boots to convert Nightfall to Sailor Vesta (Sailor Moon Stars [manga only]
Dragonicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #40
Viveeh
necrocarnival

I really wish they don't let this site die, it's one of my favorite ones... It shouldn't take years to complete a couple of 'fixes'. I'd say that if you can't do it, don't start. The site was fine as it was. But what else can we do than just wait and hope for the best.
Link from Majora's Mask
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #41
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
I really wish they don't let this site die, it's one of my favorite ones... It shouldn't take years to complete a couple of 'fixes'. I'd say that if you can't do it, don't start. The site was fine as it was. But what else can we do than just wait and hope for the best.
I'm still waiting for the overhaul of the photo galleries/upload system. I saw the prototype in the Admin's thread that was posted last month, but there's no real time frame on it so I expect it to happen between tomorrow and never.
Eau de Decus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #42
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
... I expect it to happen between tomorrow and never.
^THIS. For everything. I don't even know why they decided to change anything, I liked it the way it was before. To me, this is just another example of 'technology' becoming retarded ... they're trying to make the site do so many different things, and to such specifics, that it's just causing problems and making things worse. Sometimes plain and simple is the best way to go.

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #43
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

How do you even upload pictures anyway? It is incredibly difficult.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #44
ladykazekage16
Cosplay fanatic

There seems to be an issue with two of my costume entries. For Deidara and one of my Sakura entries, the series shows as "Naruto: Shippuden" but when I click on them to look at them further, the series now shows as "Naruto: Shippuden The Movie" which is not what I put down.

I tried deleting the series name to see if I could fix it. And even when deleted, it still showed as "Naruto: Shippuden The Movie" ><

What's the deal?
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #45
plumwd

I think it'd be nice to have a post moderated in a timely fashion.
plumwd is offline   Reply With Quote