Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 03-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
jawn

Make up for beginners?

I never really bothered much with make up when cosplaying (mostly because I cosplay guys and I'm also makeup retarded!)

But I really want to cosplay Frodo Baggins, and he has really lovely clear, porcelain skin. I don't have a such nice skin, so I wanted to use concealer at the very least.

I have never worn much make up ever (besides lipgloss and mascara) so I am completely in the dark about choosing concealers. (So far the ones I've tried have turned me orange!)

What sort of make up should I use for cosplaying Frodo? I've seen several cosplayers use eyeliner and frankly it looked a bit odd. I want my eyes to stand out a bit more though, and look bigger. Is it possible to make greeny-blue eyes look more blue?

Heres some references:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...do_Baggins.png
http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squi....jpg1206386654
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Here's a great tutorial on achieving flawless skin. A little bit of contouring will help make your face more masculine, as seen in this tutorial.

For eye makeup, you'll need to post pics of yourself. Only contacts can change the color of your eyes.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
phantasystar67

What colour eyeliner? Black? That's too dark- but you probably should use eyeliner! You want to find a neutral brown, though, something that contrasts against your skin enough to make an impact, but isn't so different in colour as to overpower the earthy tones.

As for making your eyes appear more blue without contacts, it IS possible(I also have green blue eyes and use eyeshadow to manipulate their appearance) but to get the strongest effects, you need to use either a shade of blue that matches the blue in your eyes or a shade of red. Neither of those work particularly well for hobbits! You should definitely do a neutral eye with your shadow. It can bring out your eyes regardless of colour and make them look bigger.

Contouring your face can help make your eyes look bigger, but you'll really have to find a tutorial that matches your face shape on YouTube for effective help.
phantasystar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
newtstart2013

This really helped a lot for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Here's a great tutorial on achieving flawless skin. A little bit of contouring will help make your face more masculine, as seen in this tutorial.

For eye makeup, you'll need to post pics of yourself. Only contacts can change the color of your eyes.
Learnning, learning. Thanks