Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 03-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
redsheep

Petticoat?

So I'm torn on petticoats. I'm looking into a good one for not too much.

I'm between the Classical Puppets, a Dear Celine, the Malco Modes 582, or the 11-16 Victorian Girl Dress one.

For Classical Puppets, I'm looking at the Daily Bell Shape for $30. Pictures I've seen of it have a really good level of poof, I'm just concerned about 40-55 work days for it to get made, on top of shipping. It'd put a hold on wearing any lolita I get before then.

The Dear Celine ones are beautiful and have perfect puff, but they're more expensive. That's $43 dollars plus shipping, on top of also taking 20-35 business days plus shipping.

The Malco Modes is $53 dollars plus shipping, but it would be ready instantly. And I've seen good reviews for them.

Victorian Girl Dress's pettis are only $16 plus shipping, and I've seen pretty good reviews for them on EGL, I'm just concerned that there might not be quite enough poof. Good poof level, but maybe not as much as I'm wanting.

Pretty much I'm torn between VGD and Classical Puppets due to price, but if anybody swears by another brand, I'd like to hear it? I just really don't wanna have to layer two or buy one and it die in a week.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
SallyValentine

Well, I bought the Classical Puppets bell shaped petticoat here http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_48
I bought it about 7 months ago, wear it all the time, and it's still very very poofy, hasn't died at all. I bought it in black, a friend of mine has it in white, and the lace on hers is much nicer, in case you were interested. The only problem with her white petticoat, is that it seems to have weak seams, and sometimes tears and has to be fixed. The one I got though, doesn't have that problem at all, the fabric is strong and doesn't feel like it could tear. I guess my friend got a faulty one...?
At any rate, my Classical Puppets petticoat is very good quality, has a huge amount of poof, and doesn't seem to be dying at all on me. It's not the same model as the one you're considering, but I just thought I'd let you know that I'm quite impressed with it.
SallyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
redsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyValentine View Post
Well, I bought the Classical Puppets bell shaped petticoat here http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_48
I bought it about 7 months ago, wear it all the time, and it's still very very poofy, hasn't died at all. I bought it in black, a friend of mine has it in white, and the lace on hers is much nicer, in case you were interested. The only problem with her white petticoat, is that it seems to have weak seams, and sometimes tears and has to be fixed. The one I got though, doesn't have that problem at all, the fabric is strong and doesn't feel like it could tear. I guess my friend got a faulty one...?
At any rate, my Classical Puppets petticoat is very good quality, has a huge amount of poof, and doesn't seem to be dying at all on me. It's not the same model as the one you're considering, but I just thought I'd let you know that I'm quite impressed with it.
So it's safe to say that the model I'm looking at would be of similar quality. Also, how long did it take for you to receive it after you ordered it?
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Shana05
The Nation of Love

I do own the Victorian Girl Dress and they start out very poofy. Mine's deflated a bit now though. I'm thinking of getting Classical Puppets as they're the favorite of many lolita bloggers I follow.

Anime Central: Maid Cafe!Aiichiro Nitori (Free!) - Flapper fem!America (Hetalia) - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
SallyValentine

Yeah, I'm sure the quality will be fine Hmm, about 2 weeks? I live in Europe.
SallyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

malco modes 582. I just got it and it was the best investment I ever made. i will buy another next month. It really brought out my alice outfit. It's pricey but worth it. http://store.vivcore.com/products/fluffy-petticoat

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
nonsensicality
batterwitc)(

I recently bought the victoriangirldress petti, and its a bit scratchy, but nothing bloomers can't fix. It gives a modest amount of poof, but not as much as the Classical Puppets pettis. It's good for more casual coords, but maybe too fluffy for casual lolita. It's a good petti to start out with, though!
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Kaliza

My Victoriangirldress petit has lots of poof, although I haven't worn it under any really heavy fabrics. Mine has a silky lining underneath so it's not scratchy. IMO can't beat it for the price, although I will probably buy one of the Dear Celine or Classical puppets ones eventually. Mostly because I made the mistake of buying a pink petticoat and it shows through some of my thinner light colored dresses.
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
LillyOfTheVally
Seamstress

I own two of the Malco Modes 582, one black one white. I love them both, they are very soft, comfortable and give great support and shape! Most of my dresses are made of a bottom weight cotton.
They have currently been stuffed in my closet for about three months, I air them out every so often and they've kept their shape!
Ame Warashi (Completed)
Kimono (Fabric shopping)
Recency corded corset (Prep)
LillyOfTheVally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

A word of advice, unless you plan on sticking to dresses that have the same cuts and styles, you'll probably need a variety of petticoats. I have a small variety right now, and I definitely have a need for others. I use a classical puppets bell petti the most often, but I've added more a-line dresses to my wardrobe, so I need to add another a-line petti since the one I have right now is just too massive, if that makes any sense at all. Sometimes you want maximum poof. Other times, a good medium poof is more desirable depending on the dress, style, and the situation you are wearing it to.
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Right now I wear up to 4 of the maco modes 582 at once lol I love as many layers as i can get

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
xandra

Malco Modes 582! I've had mine for 3 years and it's STILL fluffy. I've shoved it under heavy layers and it always fluffs back up! However, you will need to take up one of the layers in order to get more of a "cupcake"/"bell" shape, as it is made to be an A-line shape.
xandra is offline   Reply With Quote