Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #5461
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
What the hell is going on around here..
Shades of Snowjob, Drawberry. Shades of Snowjob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #5462
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Ok, everyone please drop the off-topic jabs at eachother. I will be monitoring the threads for this and no, it will not continue to be tolerated at this point.

*edit* Any posts continuing to drag out the drama will be deleted, with further action looked into as necessary

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay

Last edited by Hime no Toki : 03-22-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #5463
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm just gonna pretend the above posts never existed, and rant that BEING SICK FUCKING SUCKS. AWFUL timing to catch a strain of flu that my flu shot evidently wasn't protecting me from , at least not fully (first time since 2007). I had to go to work after having four days off and thus had to call in sick, and since I'm taking the easter weekend off too to visit bf's family I'm sure the manager wasn't too pleased, and being too sick to go out also means I have to cram a ton of errands in on Saturday and Monday. NOT happy. And Dad just got over the same strain himself. I've been eating soup for dinner for like a damn week with him too sick to either eat anything rich or do most of the cooking (and til two days ago we needed groceries).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #5464
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Went my moms to do laundry. Switched the load from washer to dryer. Sat back down on the couch. 15 minutes later I realized I hadn't started the dryer.

I'm so hungry I just want to go home.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #5465
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

The fact that Native Americans get called Indians has caused a lot of problems for me lately in both school and cosplay. I'm taking Asian Art History right now and searching for Indian art gets me Native American art not artwork from India. I'm planning to cosplay Ciel's Indian outfit and I can't research Indian clothing because I keep getting Native American stuff.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #5466
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I'm just gonna pretend the above posts never existed, and rant that BEING SICK FUCKING SUCKS. AWFUL timing to catch a strain of flu that my flu shot evidently wasn't protecting me from , at least not fully (first time since 2007). I had to go to work after having four days off and thus had to call in sick, and since I'm taking the easter weekend off too to visit bf's family I'm sure the manager wasn't too pleased, and being too sick to go out also means I have to cram a ton of errands in on Saturday and Monday. NOT happy. And Dad just got over the same strain himself. I've been eating soup for dinner for like a damn week with him too sick to either eat anything rich or do most of the cooking (and til two days ago we needed groceries).
I feel you there.
I've been out all week. Midday Monday I had a sudden wave of dizziness, a huge headache and couldn't eat my lunch. Puked when I got home (along with discovering it's the time of the month for me). Ended up having some kind of a stomach bug for the first half of the week, stayed in bed other than going to the restroom. Went back to the doctor on Thursday still feeling bad. Congratulations! You also have strep throat.
Ahahaha @-@; Just starting to feel well enough to chill on the computer again, so I'm gonna play some MMO to let off some steam.

..and a minor thing, game room, why are you across the house from everything else. If you were closer I would play console games so much more often :I
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #5467
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
The fact that Native Americans get called Indians has caused a lot of problems for me lately in both school and cosplay. I'm taking Asian Art History right now and searching for Indian art gets me Native American art not artwork from India. I'm planning to cosplay Ciel's Indian outfit and I can't research Indian clothing because I keep getting Native American stuff.
Clothing in India and go from there. Use specific terms on Google. I know how much a pain it is to search for stuff like that, so good luck.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #5468
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Rude customers. Dear god, rude customers. Whenever they as for something it's not, "Okay, I'll take one of those." or "Can I get one?" it's "Gimme that." And when I run and get their part, bring it to them, and complete the transaction, I say "Okay, thank you, have a nice day." They respond with "Mmhm." Really? Was it too much to say "you too"? It seems like a simple thing to get annoyed by, but it bugs the shit out of me. It's every bit as bad as rude salespeople.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'

Last edited by dagmarus : 03-23-2013 at 11:18 AM.
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #5469
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
Rude customers. Dear god, rude customers. Whenever they as for something it's not, "Okay, I'll take one of those." or "Can I get one?" it's "Gimme that." And when I run and get their part, bring it to them, and complete the transaction, I say "Okay, thank you, have a nice day." They respond with "Mmhm." Really? Was it too much to say "you too"? It seems like a simple thing to get annoyed by, but it bugs the shit out of me. It's every bit as bad as rude salespeople.
Or wait until you have their entire purchase bagged and then say "Oh! I brought my own!".

Or "Hi! How are you today?" "I don't want a *store name* card"

I said HI. You say it back. That's how human interaction works.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #5470
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Yeah, I can't stand being treated like a god damned computer.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #5471
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm actually very pleased with how my workplace (Old Navy) treats their customers and vice versa. And quite a few customers have mentioned it either to us or on our online surveys. I think I've only had two customers that got really peeved when I was helping them. One was very impatient (e.g., "You took too long!" when I had to go to the back storeroom to find a different size which involved getting the ladder too, and took me about five minutes total from the moment I stepped away to the moment I came back), had a thick accent that made understanding her tricky, AND wouldn't shut the eff up if I was explaining something to her, so it certainly wasn't my fault. The other one, also not my fault; thought she could ring in twenty items with ten minutes before a movie, and then the computer effed up and deleted everything I'd rung in when she asked me to take off one item at almost the end. Yah, don't buy a whole damn wardrobe when you have a grand total of ten minutes. I only get robotic when it's really really busy and thus don't have the time to chat or I get the occasional customer who practically refuses to speak to me beyond what method they're paying by.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #5472
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I am working on a project to contribute to an art book and the character I was designing is based on Inuit tribes, specifically a young girl. Looking for reference images was absolutely horrific; any combination of the words inuit, girl, woman, or specific tribe names or location names resulted in shit like this:

And if I searched it on deviantArt's stock photo's tag I got loads of white American girls wearing fur-lined jackets with the hoods pulled up making 'duck face' at the camera and tagging it with 'inuit' or 'native inuit' and other shit they are most certainly not part of.

I was able to find images of traditional clothing via a MUSEUM website and based the character design on results I found that weren't of white women in absurd Halloween costumes.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #5473
Amanita

Yeah, traditional Inuit clothing is beautiful, those stupid faux native costumes not so much.
I remember reading an article on halloween costumes, and the descriptions written on the packages of those "indian" costumes made me want to gag, even though I'm far from the most PC person out there. The descriptions sounded like playboy playmate promos. Gross.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #5474
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

You know how sometimes you THINK you can trust a close friend, but they prove you wrong? This is like the third time this has happened with the same friend! Ugh

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)

Last edited by dx7879 : 03-24-2013 at 02:53 AM.
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #5475
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Strike three

YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!

I hate those "sexy" costumes, but I also like them, because anyone who actually likes them automatically goes on my black list.

Thank you for making me hate a little easier.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote