Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Help! What kind of colour should I choose for this wig?

Whoops, another wig colour help thread, I'm sorry. Like I said in my last thread if anyone saw it, I'm not the best at telling the difference between colours and sometimes I just can't quite work out what kind of colour I should get for wigs, I don't want to get something inaccuate... so getting opinions from people who aren't me is nice.

A cosplay I hope to start working on really soon is Chihiro from Dangan Ronpa. However, I just can't seem to figure out that hair colour!

It looks sorta ginger-y, but brown? Or maybe a dark blonde with a ginger tint to it... I've seen some people use that colour but what kind of colour am I searching for here to be most accurate? Am I better going with one that's more ginger or less ginger?

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Scrittle
King of Versailles

Her hair kind of seems like a dirty, sandy blond, maybe light hazel brown? I'm sorry, my skills at identifying colours aren't all that great..
•Javert •Eponine (Les Misérables)
•Cicero (Skyrim)
Scrittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Arda's Sandy Brown 124 or Warm Light Brown AR015, and Epic's Cocoa Brown look similar.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrittle View Post
Her hair kind of seems like a dirty, sandy blond, maybe light hazel brown? I'm sorry, my skills at identifying colours aren't all that great..
It's alright, me neither. Hence why I'm stuck between all the colours.

I do think that it seems to have quite ginger tones in it... especially compared to other blonde characters in the series, the colour definitely doesn't seem to be any type of straight up blonde. I wouldn't say it looked like straight up brown either but I guess my colour identifying skills arent anything worth trusting...

A friend linked me this one, do you think this kind of colour is close? (question to anyone who views this thread, not just you, of course)

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Arda's Sandy Brown 124 or Warm Light Brown AR015, and Epic's Cocoa Brown look similar.
Augh, I tried to reply to this yesterday but the site stopped working... sorry, I didn't ignore you! I'm sorta leaving Arda as a last option since I got hit with customs pretty bad with them last time and ended up sorta regretting the purchase but oooh I really do like that other colour and one of the wigs there seems pretty suitable too, thanks!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 03-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

No worries! You may have better luck looking at realistic wigs in the UK. Her hair isn't really an anime style or color.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
Pheasants

Using this from coscraft might work, but in order to get that style I would, take off the clips, and take the clips out, straighten that hair, then take the wefts apart and sew them into the base wig for more length and volume.
Pheasants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasants View Post
Using this from coscraft might work, but in order to get that style I would, take off the clips, and take the clips out, straighten that hair, then take the wefts apart and sew them into the base wig for more length and volume.
Ah, thanks! I do quite like that wig, it leans a little more on the blonde side than I like but I do quite like the colour, hm.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 03-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #9
pink-lemonade

This one looks pretty close colour-wise to me, but it might take a bit of work to get the pigtails to stay down if the seller added spray.

There's also this which might be a bit on the dark side, but is also pretty close, I think.

Edit: This wig in light brown may do the trick as well!
Nico Yazawa (Super Idol)

Facebook // Tumblr

Last edited by pink-lemonade : 03-30-2013 at 03:35 AM.
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
AnimeTaco4

if you are looking for a wig, this one is a great one that was recommended above!!
Chiaki Nanami

Kumoricon 2014
The Condescension
Nonon Jakuzure
Genocider Syo
Chiaki Nanami

Last edited by AnimeTaco4 : 06-13-2013 at 06:32 PM.
AnimeTaco4 is offline   Reply With Quote