Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
CJohn

Help for the Handyman

Hi. So I'm looking at cosplaying the Handyman from Bioshock: Infinite. For the chest-plate, I'm thinking of taking a plastic garbage can lid, putting a large hole in it, and using large, transparent plastic, possibly tupperware, for the cavity with the heart in it. I have a trenchcoat, though I'm not willing to tear it up. The problem is the arms and legs. I don't know how to make big clunky robot limbs.

The Handyman, here he is, I know I probably can't do it...

Anyway, I'm mostly toying around with the idea, and after this busy semester is over I'll have maybe two weeks to get it ready. So if you don't think it's doable(which is almost certainly true), tell me, but advice is also good.
CJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

i am sooo telling you now that unless you have worked in big builds like this, getting those arms done is impossible in two weeks.
also id go post this on the prop forum for more help. im forseeing a lot of pvc and foam..... along w resin....
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
CJohn

Yeah, I know. Maybe I can do it sometime after, and use it in a different event. I like the wasteland, but honestly, I don't currently feel it to be personal enough when the character is whoever you want him to be. I was considering a Borg or Dr. Freeze, but I really don't want to deal with makeup.

Any suggestions for a 5 Foot 10 In., huskier guy who shaves his head? I think I'll post a picture when I can figure this thing out.
Unread 03-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Sorry dude, but I agree this is near impossible to get finished in two weeks. And to do this accurately, you will have to deal with make up. You'll need rigid collodion to replicate the scars on his face.
Plus you'll need a trench coat that is designed to fit over his mechanical body, and torn to hell.

As for other characters, Agent 47 (Hitman), Kratos, Max Payne, these, Brittney Spears..
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
CJohn

Actually, the scars wouldn't be necessary. A lot of the pictures I've seen in game have entirely different looks, some scarred, some mustachioed, it doesn't really matter. But yeah, I know, it was just an idea I was toying with.

I have no interest in those characters. Sadly, my choices have always been limited. Any other characters from anything you can think of? From anything, video games, books, graphic novels, animated shows...
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
CJohn

And no Uncle Fester, please.
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Sorry dude, it's kind of hard to say. I have no idea what you look like, or what games/shows/movies/comics you play/watch/read. I'm all about costuming as a character I know and relate to.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
CJohn

I posted a photo link in the "Who do I look like" thread, but honestly, I can just go wastelander.