Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #5476
GirlintheWater

WARNING! Lengthy rant coming up!

A few weeks ago, I attended a reunion of my Japan Tour Group and my parents were talking to the parents of this doctor that attended the trip. Sure he was a young doctor (in his mid 30s), but the problem is....days after the meeting, my parents want me to be friendlier with him than to my boyfriend (who I am dating secretly). They became annoyed whenever I talk to my friends and then told me not to let my friendship of my secret boyfriend be "more than friends". That's when the shit hits the fan.

They are constantly kept on nagging me about him....EVERYDAY and kept on telling me to email him daily. I got upset and spoke out my mind, that didn't even work. They obviously want an Asian suitor for me only, and assumed all non-Asian (especially Whites) males are: sex-crazed, non-committed, beats their wives, divorce their Asian wives and go back to the Whites, are constant drunks, the whole nine yards. My secret boyfriend is Scottish and I known him for 6 YEARS! All of this for my "Bright future". They began to talk about how life would be better if I married this guy: bigger home, better clothes, having the title "Mrs. Doctor's Wife", and most importantly....I don't have to work anymore they say. Woah hold up. You expect me to drop my Graphic Design Major I worked for almost 5 years just to get married off? And to top it off, all of this they don't want to mention to anyone not even the guy.

This is an example of some shady work, its about shady as human trafficking. I am currently praying and begging for this guy to not fall for me cause I want to choose who I want. I mean I love my parents unconditionally like they do to me but...why go this far to just have a better title? What ever happen to being humble?

Anyways...thats my life now, just trying to fight this.

Currently working on:
-Princess Zelda from Hyrule Warriors

Cons of the year

-AX2015
-Anime LA 2015
-Anime California 2014?
GirlintheWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #5477
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
You know how sometimes you THINK you can trust a close friend, buy they prove you wrong? This is like the third time this has happened with the same friend! Ugh
I feel you with that. I have two close friends..one that lives farther away from me but is probably closer to me, and one who lives close, so my best friend at school. At the moment I can't talk to my best friend at school about anything but Homestuck or she gets bored or just flat-out ignores me. And my farther best friend isn't talking to me, though he does have a reason. And I do understand if you want some space, have stuff to do, etc..just please tell me so! I wouldn't have to feel like or be such a clingy bitch if you'd just tell me when you're doing something or text me when you get back. I really really hate you just dropping off the face of the planet for a day and coming back with an "I was busy" that has the tone of 'Calm the hell down you crazy bitch'. Abandonment issues..not the best thing in the world right now.

And an MMO Rant...Why would you go into the dungeon without a tank. No. Don't do that. Don't yell at me (the healer) when you go into the dungeon without a tank. If I heal often, I aggro everything. If I don't heal often, I run the risk of you dying. Don't yell at me for doing either of these options. It's really freaking hard to run a dungeon without a good tank and that took an hour longer than it should have. (Even though it did end up being fun and kind of hilarious when we all just reacted well to all but one of us getting obliterated)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #5478
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlintheWater View Post
WARNING! Lengthy rant coming up!

This is an example of some shady work, its about shady as human trafficking. I am currently praying and begging for this guy to not fall for me cause I want to choose who I want. I mean I love my parents unconditionally like they do to me but...why go this far to just have a better title? What ever happen to being humble?

Anyways...thats my life now, just trying to fight this.
And fight it you shall! My heart goes out to you. You are very right and shouldn't be with anyone for money or a title, because those things won't withstand the test of time. Only be with who you love.
~
~
~
~
~
My rant for this evening is:

I'm a bit sad cause I made friends with another girl on friday afternoon of a con and she was like my new best friend all weekend. I gave her all of my contact info and even sent her an add of facebook but she has never replied since con ended. I thought I wouldn't be "used" cause I wasn't 'hooking up' like some people do at con. But it still managed to happen! Why is this a thing?
Misseeriechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #5479
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Lol, so after talking with a friend for the past few days on why I should still trust him with things, I realize that he's a dumbass :/

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #5480
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Ugh, my neighbors have these shitty little rice burners that, when they're not CONSTANTLY revving the engine or peeling out of the neighborhood, they're BLARING shitty hip hop. And they're these wannabe thug white guys too. They're almost as bad as the 16 year old kid who's just come home from Juvie and beat the shit out of his 5 year old brother over some trivial bullshit. I hate my neighbors.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #5481
Khorrupt

You know what's increasingly irritating?

I'll be working on something like a piece for cosplay, and my mom will walk by and make a comment like, "Wow, that's cool. If only you could put that much effort into the things I actually want you to do."

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - 45% complete
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #5482
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
You know what's increasingly irritating?

I'll be working on something like a piece for cosplay, and my mom will walk by and make a comment like, "Wow, that's cool. If only you could put that much effort into the things I actually want you to do."
I get those things implied too ^.^ Sadly, it's just a thing that happens.

Also a minor thing that's pretty needless to say, the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards are incredibly stupid, predictable, and boring. They used to be the most fun of my year when I was younger and now they've turned totally shallow and unfunny. That disappoints me.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #5483
Curucar

PEOPLE. You do NOT need thousands of dollars to start a convention! I posted a brief rant up on tumblr and got a direct message from one of the people trying to start a tumblr con. YES tonnes of people say they want to go. But STOP shoving your kickstarter down people's throats complaining about how people aren't giving enough. Kindly take what people have donated, deal with a smaller venue for year one, and then expand for year two.
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #5484
Laced Candy

People shouldn't expect to get both a refund and keep damaged merchandise. You either get one or the other--not both. I just got a really nasty customer who broke an item (or it got damaged in the mail) and they're being a raging bitch about it. They went straight to Paypal trying to do a chargeback instead of contacting me first for a return. Of course, I was naturally suspicious about this since people have tried scamming me by doing chargebacks for full costume and wig commissions. When something is wrong, I feel it's important to contact me first about a return/exchange so it doesn't draw suspicion. I asked for photographic evidence then she has the nerve to get mad at me for being "offended" and "unprofessional" saying that I need to "have more confidence in your merchandise" and that it was "poorly made."

Told her why I was asking the questions I was asking then told her to return it for a refund. Then for no reason at all, she goes on to insult me saying that my work looks like a child's art project and after she sent a few more heated insults, she says she'll "gladly return it." Really... if you want a refund (and I never have any problem giving those), don't turn into a raging cunt in order to get it.
Laced Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #5485
Ilafatyu
That guy

In my stupidity, I completed the wrong project in Drawing II. Turns out that this week the midterm projects were due, and I was all wrapped up in another one entirely. My teacher told me just before I left that the project was due, and said that it's 10% off per day for every day it wasn't in, but she'd be in the school Friday evening and I could turn it in then.

I must have missed her or something, because she wasn't there.

So far I've sent her an email Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and this morning, trying to get in contact with her about handing in the midterm. I know it's not her responsibility to clean up my messes or check her professional email on weekends, but so far my project is down to a 60% before I've even handed it in. If I fail this class, I have to take another semester for that one class. One drawing class, that's it, that's all that's between me and my degree.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #5486
sam vimes
A real live wire

Fuck you, G4! Claiming that you're going to show "21 Days of Bond" and the proceeding to repeat the same nine movies over and over again is a goddamn sin. If I turn on your channel and see Octopussy one more bloody time, I'm going to hurl.

That brings to mind another issue -- Roger Moore was terrible as Bond. Okay, maybe he wasn't so bad as the movies themselves...everything besides The Spy Who Loved Me was just garbage. Connery4Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #5487
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Sean Connery is on Emmers big list of 'older men that I find attractive'.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #5488
sam vimes
A real live wire

He could get it, that's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #5489
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post

He could get it, that's all I'm saying.

No arguments.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #5490
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Fuck you, G4! Claiming that you're going to show "21 Days of Bond" and the proceeding to repeat the same nine movies over and over again is a goddamn sin. If I turn on your channel and see Octopussy one more bloody time, I'm going to hurl.

That brings to mind another issue -- Roger Moore was terrible as Bond. Okay, maybe he wasn't so bad as the movies themselves...everything besides The Spy Who Loved Me was just garbage. Connery4Life.
Repeating the same films? That is lame.

Though to be fair I think there are some good Roger Moore bond films, even though he's in them. Do quite like Live and Let Die.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote