Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #5491
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Do quite like Live and Let Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #5492
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post

Woo, exploitation cinema.

What about Man with a Golden Gun?
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #5493
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Woo, exploitation cinema.

What about Man with a Golden Gun?
It's been a long time since I saw that one, but I feel that they wasted Christopher Lee. The final showdown between Scaramanga and Bond could have been so much more. And don't even get me started on Nick Nack.

I don't know. I think Moore's Bond film are a victim of The Seventies more than anything. The Bond movies should be tongue-in-cheek, but not overly camp. They shouldn't, for example, have slide-whistle sound effects as a car flips in mid-air, or have a pigeon doing a double take as Bond drives by in a submersible car, or Bond skiing down the side of a mountain to the tune of "California Girls."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #5494
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
In my stupidity, I completed the wrong project in Drawing II. Turns out that this week the midterm projects were due, and I was all wrapped up in another one entirely. My teacher told me just before I left that the project was due, and said that it's 10% off per day for every day it wasn't in, but she'd be in the school Friday evening and I could turn it in then.

I must have missed her or something, because she wasn't there.

So far I've sent her an email Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and this morning, trying to get in contact with her about handing in the midterm. I know it's not her responsibility to clean up my messes or check her professional email on weekends, but so far my project is down to a 60% before I've even handed it in. If I fail this class, I have to take another semester for that one class. One drawing class, that's it, that's all that's between me and my degree.
Teacher got back to me and apologized for not being there. She said she'd grade it like she received it on Friday. <33333

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #5495
Akune-chan

I left for about 3 to 4 pages and damn. o_o;

Anyways.

Springbreak.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #5496
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:

And this lovely gif reminds me of my rant...

I'm in this class that my school made for the most gifted students from our grade. We did individual projects at the beginning of the year-but recently the teacher has changed it into a class to relax before we have to deal with tougher things in high school. You would expect that class to be full of the smartest, brightest, best kids from the school, right? Yeah, no.

What that class is is all of the most popular, annoying ass kids, jocks, and a few others. Mind you, they're all plenty smart and creative, I'll hand it to them. But there is one kid who today, was CONSTANTLY making racist remarks, gay jokes, cancer jokes...everything. AND THE TEACHER DID NOTHING. All she did was say "Get back to work, Daniel." And, naturally, he didn't.
I swear tomorrow if he dare says anything like that I am grabbing him by the ear and marching him across the hall to the principal's office. If the teacher isn't going to do her job of making a safe learning environment for us where I don't have to deal with pricks like him, I'll do it for her.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #5497
Zoeyromanov
Bucky take the wheel

So my cousin, my sister and I were coming from park. I was riding my bike and so I went off ahead to play around with my bike and and I stopped at the entrance of the complex where I live, and waited for them. I looked back to see where they were and notice my sister and cousin coming and also a lady walking with her daughter walking along the path leading into the complex and I thought she was walking past it but apprently she lives in the same complex as I do. Then I hear her talking smack about how I was in the middle of the pathway; talking on my cellphone which I actually wasn't because I didn't even it have it with me. Then at that moment both my cousin and sister had came and then she says to my sister "oh, I thought she was talking on her phone", "she shouldn't be in the way", "I shouldn't have to say excuse me anywhere if people are in my way", "if there was a car in the middle of the road I don't have to say excuse me". I wasnt even in the the middle of the godamn pathway, and I was at the side of it so other people could walk in. My sister told her to just move to other side and she got all pissy and then walked away flapping her mouth, all the way to her house and im just there like "why is she STILL talking?" and wishing I had said something. Not something vulgar or rude but something to stand up for myself because I not expecting that to happen; plus I always hear how when crap happens to my mom; she's never afraid to say anything and puts them in their place. Like I know there are some asshole/bitchy people out there but it kinda caught me off guard because I was not expecting that to happen.

Sailor Venus, Sailor Moon [In progress]

Winter 2014
Elsa, Frozen [In progress]

Halloween 2014
Black Widow (escape with Steve ver.), Captain America 2 [Finished]

Planning
Elsa (coronation dress), Frozen
Jack Frost, RoTG

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 03-29-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #5498
Lithium Flower
Handphones

As much as we tend to look back on things like that and imagine coming up with something witty, it's usually best not to engage people like that.

This lady was probably having a shitty day and was just airing her bullshit out on you because you where an easy target. When people are feeling nasty or combative it's generally a better idea to just shake your head and go on with your business. She clearly had a stick up her bumsie and you don't need to spew something witty back at her and engage the nonsense.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #5499
Zoeyromanov
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
As much as we tend to look back on things like that and imagine coming up with something witty, it's usually best not to engage people like that.

This lady was probably having a shitty day and was just airing her bullshit out on you because you where an easy target. When people are feeling nasty or combative it's generally a better idea to just shake your head and go on with your business. She clearly had a stick up her bumsie and you don't need to spew something witty back at her and engage the nonsense.
True, true. In the end I didn't say or do anything either way, not that I could. That's pretty much what my mom told me when I told her about it; and my mom would have found out what happened even I hadn't said anything because my sister would have told her. It didn't seem she was having a shit day; but then again I wouldn't know and if she was, it must have the "last straw" or something, like you said xP. That's pretty much what I did since there's nothing else I could have done.

Sailor Venus, Sailor Moon [In progress]

Winter 2014
Elsa, Frozen [In progress]

Halloween 2014
Black Widow (escape with Steve ver.), Captain America 2 [Finished]

Planning
Elsa (coronation dress), Frozen
Jack Frost, RoTG
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #5500
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I hate how with my family I can't mention one small thing being wrong without it turning into this massive argument. For no damn reason.
I'm so sick of it.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #5501
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

*Drags over the soap box and stands on it.*
I auditioned for a project this morning, and the project starter had only one thing to say, and it was about the low quality of the mic I used for the audition. He didn't say a thing about my performance. I was not the first person who auditioned for his project that he bashed.

Hello! Everyone on that site is doing this for free. We're all at home. None of us get paid for anything. If you, Mr. Douche, want the kind of quality that comes with a Neumann u87, a Senn MK416, or even a lower quality Rhodes, you're likely not going to find it --especially being as rude as you are to the talent that spends their time and energy putting out their best for your little fandub. I use a headset microphone wrapped with a nylon wig cap for a pop screen. It's all I have. Please, listen to my performance and screw the mic. You're telling me I'm too poor to be hired for a project I won't even get paid/credit/copy for. For the jobs I'm hired on right now (still unpaid, but great experience), I have access to a studio through a friend (who is awesome for letting me use his stuff) where the dialog will be recorded.
If you don't like my microphone, fine. That's great. I don't care. But tell me if you liked my performance or not. Tell me what I need to improve on and don't just toss me aside just because I don't have enough money for sweet tech. I just started doing this seriously rather than for fun over the past.... life.
Ya know what? Those multiple takes I did to get to one that sounded decent? That was me using your project as practice. So, thank you, Mr. Douche, for letting me use you.
*Steps down and puts the soap box back for the next person to use for their rant/rave.*

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #5502
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have worked on this scrapbooking project on the carpet.

(So many paper scraps... so much vacuuming I'm going to have to do... sobs).
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #5503
BlooShine

I work at a daycare, and so I've always got something to rant and vent about and it's never even about the kids!
The downfall of working with a bunch of women is the amount of catty remarks and gossip that floats around, and I'm always in the middle of it on neutral ground. Because I don't care. I don't care that so-and-so insulted your classroom, and you really have no right to talk about how mean she is when you're just as bad! Not to mention there's a lot of laziness that puts extra work on MY shoulders because I follow my responsibilities because I take my future career and these children seriously. I just want to climb on my soapbox there and yell at them for neglecting regulations and rules, and tell them there's no excuse and that they WILL get us in trouble by state.
And did I mention these are women older than me that should have more responsibility because they have a family and live out on their own in the real adult world?

/endrant
xD
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #5504
Juuichigatsu

Angry Work rant

So glad that I found this site. Anyways, on to ranting

I have been at my job for about four years, and I can say that I am starting to lose my patience as each work day progresses. I am a very hard worker to come into work early everyday and make sure that I do what needs to be done. It's not my coworkers I have a problem with (My coworkers are awesome), it's my boss that I have a huge problem with. Let me start off by saying that I am borderline Autistic. I do not have the behavior problems like many Autistic people, but I do have signs of the behavior (lack of eye contact, delayed speaking (didn't speak till I was close to six years old), repetitiveness, and a absolute need for a routine).

Anyways, I come in to work close to 9am and I cut the bread. I have to cut 270 breads before 10am. I like to handle the bread in sets of thirty so I'm not overwhelming myself with so much bread at once (can't deal with so much stuff at once). My boss (let's call him C) decides that since two of my coworkers (My coworker M gives him a two weeks notice and his last day was yesterday and D gave him a two day notice) who works in the morning is leaving (During the week, it is myself, M, D, and A (another coworker) come in the morning but on different days, now since these two coworkers left, it's only me and A now) , C decides that we are going to start working like a "team" by helping us out with the cutting the bread starting tomorrow morning and cooking raw chicken (raw chicken part is not my job). And by "team", I mean doing everything exactly as he says and not questioning anything he says.

Normally, I wouldn't be bothered with help from people (A used to help me cut the bread in the morning and we worked together perfectly), but I can't stand my boss helping me. The way he wants things done is highly disorganized in my definition (A also agrees with me as well). My boss wants me to start stacking up the bread so much bread at once and cut it like that. I have explained to him before (he has done this to me before and he did this to me yesterday) that I can't work with so much bread at once because it is too overwhelming for me to handle at once. C get's annoyed since he said he used to do this with another coworker back in the day (the place I worked at has been opened since 1979) and said that if he can do it, so can I. I kept quiet and moved on because I was in no mood to start with a debate with a asshole like him.

Later on, A comes into work and I explain the situation to her and A said that C did this to her on Friday and she didn't like it either (A knows that I am borderline Autistic and understands where I coming from, while doesn't know I'm borderline). She said that she will talk to him later that day about the situation (I love A very much for being so understanding). When A talked to C about it (and was trying to tell C in an indirect manner that I'm borderline), she was telling me that the body language he displayed to A showed that he didn't give a damn about it and doesn't care to learn about it.

I can't tell you how much it pissed me off, it wasn't even funny. Later on, I go to my parents house (I don't live with them), and I explain the situation to my mom. She says that I really need to leave there already. I told her that after the Con that is going on during the 4th of July weekend (from the 4th to the 7th), I am seriously looking for another job because I do not his BS any longer. Also got to make sure that I have my resume done looking around a bit before the Con starts. Can't wait to tell C off when I give him my two weeks notice and he decides to bitch to me that he really needs me (hopefully this happens). I'm literally preparing myself for that day. He really won't know what's gonna hit him.

On the bright side, there is a one day con that is coming up in two weeks so that will give me some time to relax.

Cosplay:
Bunny!Stocking
Police!Stocking
Juuichigatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #5505
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Alright, seriously, what the fuck is with these assholes who come here, piss in our bathroom, and DON'T FLUSH. We're a car dealership, there are NOT that many children running around, and if they are WHY ARE THEY NOT BEING TAUGHT TO FLUSH THE GOD DAMNED TOILET?! Why do I ALWAYS have to walk into the bathroom to discover a urinal full of piss staring me in the face?

Also, holy shit cardboard paper cuts hurt in the most annoying way. I've been stabbed, broken bones, etc. and I've just been like "Eh, dammit. Oh well." and went on fine. But I get a cut from cardboard and it's ALL I can feel, dammit.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'

Last edited by dagmarus : 04-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote