Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #241
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'll probably booking a room for more people to share (Don't know who I'm sharing with yet though yet.) lol

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #242
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

I'm going to be booking 2 rooms, we have 7 people right now (and looking for an 8th thats an adult both to reduce hotel costs and so we can get a pack of 4 passes so 'one is free', the other 4 girls fall under the 17 and under and get in for $25)...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #243
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
When does the hotel rate get posted? I'm trying to scrape together enough money to go AND have spending money, and I'd really like to know how much I'm going to need.
Generally hotel blocks for conventions and conferences that have special rates will open up 1 year to the date of the event. I spoke to Dawn about this and I'm pretty sure that's what she said. To be fair it was 2am and I was tired XD but that's what I would assume right now.

2015 Cosplay Plans
Queen Odette / surprise?? / Madam Vastra
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #244
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Lenne View Post
Generally hotel blocks for conventions and conferences that have special rates will open up 1 year to the date of the event. I spoke to Dawn about this and I'm pretty sure that's what she said. To be fair it was 2am and I was tired XD but that's what I would assume right now.
Yes this is correct.

There will be a special code for Costume-Con 32 attendees to book rooms under!

P.S. For more updates don't forget to friend us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CostumeCon32

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #245
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Depending on how this summer's faery-fest costume turns out, I might be wearing it instead of my moon fairy plan... (combination of poor college student already in fashion and Costume-Con being the week before finals, and if the costume's awesome, why wear it only once?) but I won't know til I get sewing it. (It's essentially a four elements-themed dance costume and it's a riot of the four elemental colours.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #246
MDA
Destiny Productions

I need to start working on the two biggest projects I have sometime this year... oh the joy of making the majority of both costumes for a duet - partner is helping at least!

Just making three sets of wings for two costumes.... ouf.... I will die xD But hopefully it'll be easy sewing like it looks. If not, well... good thing I'm skipping some things so I can work on them!

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #247
Rhapsados
IRL Ibuki Mioda

I want to do Asuka from NGE but I'd feel out of place, but I'm not sure what I'd want to cosplay, if anything historical or sci-fi. Maybe I'll do the kimono version or something.

Future Cosplays
Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Akali (League of Legends)
Rhapsados is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #248
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm getting frustrated with Regina because I personally don't have to floor space to paint that much brocade fabric/pattern. I have to see what a shopping trip to Toronto will bring but I might in the end drop that outfit. >_< Why did they have to use such and odd damascus fabric!

But Soryuu is a go and I'm finding myself excite to finally do it after a decade of loving the series. Plus I get to pick the colour and textiles I want to use with him rather then trying to match colours and patterns. ^_^ I like have the choices.

That said I'd love to do a Movie costume design that has a history theme to it. Something that is recognizable as well like my Red Queen if I can't get Regina going. I'm just drawing a blank now. lol Either that or tackle Granado Espada (An Jeongwon) and their impressive designs.

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/328355 <-I'm not sure if this is a game skin.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 04-12-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #249
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

My friend and I plan on making some embroidered jackets in the style of the older Turkic fashion over the summer, but the major one I'm working on, is my historically accurate Hittite costume. My deer skins just need to be all stretch out before I can smoke them for my shoes and leather straps. The raw wool is still in pile glaring at me to clean it, so I can start spinning it.
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #250
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Rhapsados: Evangelion is fine, the 'sci-fi/fantasy' masquerade is basically for everything including anime. You don't have to do historical if you don't want to!

Ani_Bee: I looooove that red dress ♥♥

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #251
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

I've signed on to do PAX East next year (April 11-13), but I'm hopeful I can make it out to this one as well. I feel obligated since I did one of those "Join me at Costume-Con 32" photos. :P
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #252
Boreotheria
n00b

I need to do my ancient Greek muse costume for this. I made it for Hallowe'en one year out of satin but I really want to find some peplos-and-himation appropriate wool. I doubt if I'll find anything wide enough for a peplos, but if it's drapey enough I can get away with sewing together a couple of lengths of 45" fabric and the side seams shouldn't be noticeable.

In the painting I linked to, they're not wearing peplos, they're just sort of artistically draped. I want to use the same colours with a more Greek garment. The painting is of Urania, the muse of astronomy, and Calliope, the muse of epic poetry. (Caption: "Shush, that Roddenberry guy is spying on us again.")
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #253
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreotheria View Post
I need to do my ancient Greek muse costume for this. I made it for Hallowe'en one year out of satin but I really want to find some peplos-and-himation appropriate wool. I doubt if I'll find anything wide enough for a peplos, but if it's drapey enough I can get away with sewing together a couple of lengths of 45" fabric and the side seams shouldn't be noticeable.

In the painting I linked to, they're not wearing peplos, they're just sort of artistically draped. I want to use the same colours with a more Greek garment. The painting is of Urania, the muse of astronomy, and Calliope, the muse of epic poetry. (Caption: "Shush, that Roddenberry guy is spying on us again.")
This sounds super cool. I'm very interested to see it. ^_^

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #254
KuroiAisu

Just out of curiosity how many people do you think will attend? I'm just curious about how big it's going to be. I'm so excited either way *A*
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #255
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

size wise I'm think the last year AN was held at the Marriott would be a good guess. The Sharaton is usually packed during AN as well. So I would guess 2000 - 5000 people.

I will guess the hotel room rates will be up soon.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.