Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Taobao- What to buy?

Hey Guys! I am not sure if this is in the wrong place or not.. But I really need a Naruto cosplay and Tsunade cosplay.
I decided that I would make my order from Taobao. The cost would be a lot more if I ordered on Ebay, but I figured I might be able to get quality items from Taobao.

What I am ordering is..
Tsunade's full cosplay
Tsunade's Necklace
Naruto Cosplay (Shippuden)
Naruto's Wig
Tsunade's necklace
Two Butt Pouches
Two Leg Holsters

All is going to cost me 118$ after shipping.. Do you think that is a good deal?

What I am really wondering, is if the cosplay will be acceptable quality. Along with the wig.
I checked reviews but am still unsure. I want to hear from anyone that has ordered cosplay from Taoboa.. Or let me know if the pictures look legit.

Naruto: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm...id=21822376815
Tsunade: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=17760596191
Naruto Wig: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=20323572020 (I read reviews, it looks like a good wig but it seems the color is more gold than the picture)
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Bump~ ^^
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Bump.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Bump. I want to make the purchase Wednesday, so I would like to hear from anyone that has ordered cosplay from Taobao.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
chireiyu

I've ordered from Taobao using an agent twice. Both times I've had positive experiences but the quality of the cosplay you'll receive honestly depends on the seller. It's pretty much like eBay. You'll have your share of sellers that make excellent cosplays and others that steal their pictures from other sites and make horrible cosplays.

The rating system goes hearts, diamonds, crowns. So if the seller has a crown rating they're more than likely reliable to provide the cosplay as shown in their listing.

I honestly can't say whether the cosplay pieces you're planning on buying are from reputable sellers since I've never used them before. For the Tsunade cosplay it looks to be acceptable quality to me. The seller is a bit inconsistent with their types of pictures (some include pictures of models with blurred out faces, others include just the artwork of the character, etc.) but seeing as how Tsunade's outfit isn't extremely detailed I can't imagine it'd look that bad. The Naruto cosplay... It looks pretty decent to me.

As for wigs... I'm not sure how big of a head you have but Chinese wigs tend to be a little small. All my wigs are from Taobao and I've never found them to be too tight. However, when I tried on my boyfriend's Arda wig I could definitely feel the size difference in that the Arda one was more comfortable. I've grown my hair out pretty long so now I don't think I can comfortably wear a Taobao wig for an entire day at a con. It's definitely something to consider. The wig seller does seem reliable to me because of their diamond rating and because they seem to use a consistent set of models in their pictures.

So all in all Taobao can be hit or miss. Use your own discretion. I know I wasn't a whole bunch of help but I hope you find some off the info useful. Good luck with your cosplay~!
chireiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by chireiyu View Post
I've ordered from Taobao using an agent twice. Both times I've had positive experiences but the quality of the cosplay you'll receive honestly depends on the seller. It's pretty much like eBay. You'll have your share of sellers that make excellent cosplays and others that steal their pictures from other sites and make horrible cosplays.

The rating system goes hearts, diamonds, crowns. So if the seller has a crown rating they're more than likely reliable to provide the cosplay as shown in their listing.

I honestly can't say whether the cosplay pieces you're planning on buying are from reputable sellers since I've never used them before. For the Tsunade cosplay it looks to be acceptable quality to me. The seller is a bit inconsistent with their types of pictures (some include pictures of models with blurred out faces, others include just the artwork of the character, etc.) but seeing as how Tsunade's outfit isn't extremely detailed I can't imagine it'd look that bad. The Naruto cosplay... It looks pretty decent to me.

As for wigs... I'm not sure how big of a head you have but Chinese wigs tend to be a little small. All my wigs are from Taobao and I've never found them to be too tight. However, when I tried on my boyfriend's Arda wig I could definitely feel the size difference in that the Arda one was more comfortable. I've grown my hair out pretty long so now I don't think I can comfortably wear a Taobao wig for an entire day at a con. It's definitely something to consider. The wig seller does seem reliable to me because of their diamond rating and because they seem to use a consistent set of models in their pictures.

So all in all Taobao can be hit or miss. Use your own discretion. I know I wasn't a whole bunch of help but I hope you find some off the info useful. Good luck with your cosplay~!
I forgot to reply here. I wanted to say thank you very much. This really did help a lot.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15