Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > For Sale: Costumes (Used)

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
SyberiaWinx

Devil Hunter Yohko and Rose Bride Utena-Desperately need to sell/trade!

I'm in a bit of a bind here, so I'd really appreciate someone taking these off my hands. I bought them from a seller here, but...well, here are my comments regarding the sale:

Quote:
I am one unsatisfied customer, here. I paid $200 for the Utena and Yohko dresses. The Yohko dress has a noticeable split just below the zipper, that I do not have the skills to repair. While they were bagged separately, the heel part of the heels were caked in dried mud. It came off, but it was gross, and how can you ship something without noticing that and taking care of it? The Utena dress, including the cuffs, is covered with stains that are clearly not going to come out. And in the case of both dresses, none of these issues were mentioned in the listing. Also, one of the pieces of the Utena dress was missing, and while the seller says she mailed it out, a long time has passed, and there is still no sign of it.

I am not a wealthy person. I had to save up for this. And all I got were two costumes I can't wear. I've got a con coming up in less than a month, with no costumes for it. I asked the seller about a refund, and she says she won't accept them on worn costumes.

She was the one who wore them!! She's the one who was selling them worn!! I've never even put either one on!
Honestly, I can't imagine anyone will want to buy these. If you can sew, then you can at least probably fix the Yohko one easily enough, and I've completely cleaned off the heels.

The stains on the Utena one I do not see coming off, but at the very least, they are small, and only noticeable up-close.

Like I said, I'm in a real bind here. I'll even accept trades. If you have a costume, preferably bigger in size than these, that you want to trade, let me know.

Or, like, a ball-joint doll or something. I've always wanted one of those.

Forgive me, this is my first post like this here, so I'm a little lost.

Height 5'3'' Chest 35'' Waist 28'' Hips 37''

Utena Tenjou (Rose bride) from Utena: Vest, dress, cuffs, crown, and shipping. $150.00
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/121770/

Yohko from Devil Hunter Yohko: Dress, arm bands, leg bands, size 9 heels, and shipping. $50: www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=64431

Last edited by SyberiaWinx : 03-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
herartsyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberiaWinx View Post
I'm in a bit of a bind here, so I'd really appreciate someone taking these off my hands. I bought them from a seller here, but...well, here are my comments regarding the sale:

I am one unsatisfied customer, here. I paid $200 for the Utena and Yohko dresses. The Yohko dress has a noticeable split just below the zipper, that I do not have the skills to repair. While they were bagged separately, the heel part of the heels were caked in dried mud. It came off, but it was gross, and how can you ship something without noticing that and taking care of it? The Utena dress, including the cuffs, is covered with stains that are clearly not going to come out. And in the case of both dresses, none of these issues were mentioned in the listing. Also, one of the pieces of the Utena dress was missing, and while the seller says she mailed it out, a long time has passed, and there is still no sign of it.

I am not a wealthy person. I had to save up for this. And all I got were two costumes I can't wear. I've got a con coming up in less than a month, with no costumes for it. I asked the seller about a refund, and she says she won't accept them on worn costumes.

She was the one who wore them!! She's the one who was selling them worn!! I've never even put either one on!

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone will want to buy these. If you can sew, then you can at least probably fix the Yohko one easily enough, and I've completely cleaned off the heels.

The stains on the Utena one I do not see coming off, but at the very least, they are small, and only noticeable up-close.

Like I said, I'm in a real bind here. I'll even accept trades. If you have a costume, preferably bigger in size than these, that you want to trade, let me know.

Or, like, a ball-joint doll or something. I've always wanted one of those.

Forgive me, this is my first post like this here, so I'm a little lost.

Utena Tenjou (Rose bride) from Utena: Vest, dress, cuffs, crown, and shipping. $150.00
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/121770/

Yohko from Devil Hunter Yohko: Dress, arm bands, leg bands, size 9 heels, and shipping. $50: www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=64431
Pm'd about utena
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
SyberiaWinx

Sorry, but none of those costumes really interest me that you PMed. The lack of pictures doesn't help, though. You should really think about posting some.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
SyberiaWinx

Anyone? I really need to get rid of these.
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
SyberiaWinx

Still no one? My con is only about a week away, and I've got no cosplay to wear. It sickens me to think that girl might not only get away with cheating me, but succeed in ruining the con for me. Even if you can't trade for them, buying them would be a big help.

Last edited by SyberiaWinx : 03-26-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
SyberiaWinx

Really running out of time here.

Costumes I'd be interested in include:

Girls school uniforms from Persona 3, Fate/Extra, Hell Girl, and Ouran High School Host Club.
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Anything else you might be interested in? I don't have much to offer though. What are the measurements on the Utena dress?
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
SyberiaWinx

For the record, the dress is two separate parts-a vest and skirt,-so that makes it fit most people. Just not me.@_@

Like what? I am pretty open to most cosplays, if they fit. They definitely need to be bigger than the above measurements, though. If someone at least buys one, especially the Utena dress, I can try and get another cosplay for my con, though I'd be cutting it close.
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
SyberiaWinx

Looks like she couldn't buy it, in the end. Is there anyone else? Only five days left? I'm really upset with this girl that put me in this position. Please do not let her ruin this con for me. Someone buy these.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Looks like she couldn't buy it, in the end. Is there anyone else? Only five days left? I'm really upset with this girl that put me in this position. Please do not let her ruin this con for me. Someone buy these.

Funny you say that. Considering the girl offered to fix the issues and you refused every avenue
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
SyberiaWinx

The girl lied about the quality of her items, even going so far as to ship out shoes covered in dried mud. She could have taken the time and effort to clean them, but she didn't. That alone shows her mentality. Telling me to get bleach and pop the huge Utena dress in the washer is not helping me. So, I have to buy bleach, pay to wash and dry one dress, then risk the dress getting damaged, falling apart, and not even coming clean? And you want to try sewing a silk-like material? I can't even sew normal clothes. And this would also require me to buy things like thread, and then risk the dress tearing again at the con, where you have to sit and stand the whole day.

I get that she might be a friend of yours, but her behavior was not acceptable. She neglected to mention the poor condition of both dresses, didn't ship all the pieces, sent me shoes caked in dirt that she couldn't bother to clean herself, and then lied and made excuses when confronted about a refund.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
The girl lied about the quality of her items, even going so far as to ship out shoes covered in dried mud. She could have taken the time and effort to clean them, but she didn't. That alone shows her mentality. Telling me to get bleach and pop the huge Utena dress in the washer is not helping me. So, I have to buy bleach, pay to wash and dry one dress, then risk the dress getting damaged, falling apart, and not even coming clean? And you want to try sewing a silk-like material? I can't even sew normal clothes. And this would also require me to buy things like thread, and then risk the dress tearing again at the con, where you have to sit and stand the whole day.

I get that she might be a friend of yours, but her behavior was not acceptable. She neglected to mention the poor condition of both dresses, didn't ship all the pieces, sent me shoes caked in dirt that she couldn't bother to clean herself, and then lied and made excuses when confronted about a refund.
I read the pm and email exchanges, don't try to play the victim card with me. A cousin in the court shows? Really now..
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
SyberiaWinx

She ripped me off! It's appalling that you are not only defending her, but trying to make me out to be some horrible person. I, as the seller, fulfilled my part of the transaction. I promptly sent her the amount asked for, and she received it. She did NOT fulfill her part. She left out important information in the listing, including that one costume was badly stained, and the other was torn. She shipped items that were caked in dirt, without bothering to clean them first. She didn't even ship all the items promised in the listing. She lied about this site's policies, hoping to take advantage of the fact this was my first time buying. She even spouted nonsense about not being allowed to offer a refund, because she had worn the costumes. Friend or no, how can you defend that?

And yes, I fully intend to take her to court. I saved up that $200 for months, just so I could get new cosplay for the one con a year I go to. She cheated me.

Anyway, I think you need to stop posting in my thread now.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
Xais
Hates your face!

Before you can think court, know this. 1. If there was no mention of refunds in the original post, she is not obligated to refund. 2. If she offered to repair it and/or gave advice on HOW to fix it she is not obligated to refund. 3. It would only be in small claims court and depending on how far you live and what state, you may be paying more to sue than you'd make. Your position is not a logical one. You may be better off letting this one go.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
evaunit01berser
Banned

as I said, I read the pms and emails. You are the type of customer that will bring an item back 500 days past the return date and expect the store to take it back.

Customer entitlement much.