Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #1861
ayaasan

Who's freaking excited? weather forecast now is sunny for the weekend, and I might be going to Disneyland on Monday. EEEEEE!!!! *goes back to furiously packing* (I kind of find it funny that I can organize and pack seven costume "sets", food, and regular necessities and not forget anything, yet I forgot most everything when I stayed at a hotel for one night last year when visiting my sister XD)

Unread 03-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #1862
Hearth
Unregistered User

Ah, yeah. I feel similarly. Thankfully, my roommates are patient when I rant, but it still would be nice if they had a clue what I was talking about. ;-)

Oh, no! Really? D: I picked up the first issue, but never continued...

And, yay! Disneyland! \(ouo)/ Sounds like it will be a great weekend.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #1863
ayaasan

I'm going to be exhausted when I get back, though. Three days at a con, eight total costumes, and then a day at Disneyland *eep* My first day back is actually free Tuesday at my museum, too, then a solid week and a half of working, so I think I'll probably be dead by my next day off...*.* But I'm almost done packing! Just need to iron Ice Queen one last time for a more crisp finish, then into the garment bag, and other than packing the remainder of the makeup tomorrow, I'm DONE!!
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #1864
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

My roommates just ignore me. xD Or well, don't understand. Oh well. D: I'll just keep ranting and maybe one day they'll accept it.

I picked up the first issue of the New Avengers, and then totally got distracted and stopped buying it for some reason? I don't even know the reason, it was pretty good, I just... Stopped. o-o

DISNEYLAND. MUST GO TO DISNEYLAND. They just announced and Iron man 3 exhibit for Innovations. http://marvel.com/news/story/20365/i..._to_disneyland
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #1865
Capsule

Hello everyone! I'm from San Diego, specifically Santee! I would love to make some cosplay friends and maybe meet some new people. I will be going to Wondercon this Saturday and probably Conjicon
Capsule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #1866
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Wow~ You're from Santee? Me too! Welcome. ^^
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #1867
Hearth
Unregistered User

At least you'll sleep well, probably? x)

----

Did you know your roommates before? Or were you randomly assigned to them?

I think that's the cool thing about Disney acquiring Marvel... potential for new attractions at Disneyland. :-D

----

And, hello, Capsule! I'm actually not from SD, but this seems to be more active than the OC thread... XD
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #1868
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Well, the roommates I have now I chose them. But all the other times I've been assigned them.

Yep~ I always wondered if they'd do something Iron man like at Innovations. A lot of people said it'd never happen, but looks like it is.

So! As a reader of YA, and because Tumblr makes me think things, what do you think about the potential break up of Teddy and Billy? o.o

And in the news of cosplay- My next convention is AX, so I don't have anything to work on for a while. Must order stuff for Rogue.. Must, do it. Won't make outfit until I get back to San Diego for fabrics.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #1869
Hearth
Unregistered User

Has it been better to live with roommates you chose?

I think it would be kind of silly if Disney decided not to do that kind of thing. After all, that's a pretty big acquisition they made. o-o

Potential break-up? Did Gillen hint at that or is that just Tumblr speculation? I know a lot of people were worried when the first couple of preview panels showed them fighting, but, you know... relationships aren't always perfect.
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #1870
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I've had some pretty bad experiences with roommates that were chosen for me. Not that we didn't get along in the long run, but they weren't very considerate about my things and stuff. Though I've had problems with roommates I chose myself too so it's really difficult either way.

Yeah, they have the opportunity and the resources, why not extend into the Marvel side of things. More money, bigger fanbase after all.

Well, it's half tumblr half not. A couple of interviews have stated that Teddy is going to fall on hard times(this is AFTER the whole evil!mom thing) and worse things will end up eventually happening to him. I know there was some talk in interviews early on about their relationship and how it's going to get rocky-ish. People have taken that to mean they will eventually break up.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #1871
Hearth
Unregistered User

Yeah, living with other people can be kind of challenging, huh? x); I'm lucky to have a roommate who put up with me for almost 3 years. She's going to be gone this quarter, though.

Exactly! Hopefully this will lead to even bigger things in the future. (bouo)d

Ah, yes. I do remember him talking about Teddy now. But I think, in such a situation, it would bring them closer together. However, what if the break up is one the "worse things" in question? o_O Never dawned on me...

Last edited by Hearth : 03-29-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #1872
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yeah, one of the roommates I have now has been with me for three years. And I'M the one leaving her. xD But she put up with me years before we lived together, so she was used to my crazy.

Only time will tell~

Yeah. So it's a little worrisome that this comic may end with the break up of Billy and Teddy. I'd be so sad. D:

But you said Kid Loki would be your first time cosplaying! Any plans for other cosplays?
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #1873
Hearth
Unregistered User

Ah, reverse situation that's interesting. xD

I believe in other interviews (or on his Tumblr?) Gillen said that YA would be more... optimistic? I think that's the word he used. So, I have hope that he won't break Billy and Teddy up... or at least only temporarily. Like maybe just time away from each other rather than a full-on break-up? However, it is kind of hard to trust writers sometimes. XD; The ending to JiM kind of left this painful knot in my chest for awhile.

Yep, sure will be! Well, I also watch Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and I thought Aya as the Anti-Monitor looked really cool. Plus Bruce Timm is going to be at SDCC. I tried asking for a quote on the "Commissions Wanted" but I guess you have to be here for 30 days? But I'm kind of confused because I've seen other posts where people didn't fill the 10-post requirement or the 30-day one and they can post up ads. o-o;

It's okay, though. I don't think I could afford that right now. But... it would be nice to have at least one more cosplay if I'm going all four days. I've considered Zatanna from Young Justice. My roommate wants to cosplay as Cheshire and she kind of wants me to cosplay as a YJ character too. x)
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #1874
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Yep! I'm graduating~

I haven't seen ALL the interviews so I don't know. I hope they don't really make the focus of the comic on the relationship between Billy and Teddy. I mean, I love them, they're adorable, but I don't really want it to be plot relevant. I can kind of understand a temporary break up, I'd be fine as long as they ultimately get back together in the end. xD They're so cute. I still remember when McKelvie liked one of my Tumblr posts and I was like 'Durrr' I hope YA is more optimistic. Fingers crossed. D:

I don't know about the silly rules here. I don't really understand it to be honest. >_> I've never seen that show, and I was going to offer assistance in making stuff but after looking up that character I have no idea how to make armor. 8D Ayaasan might be able to help you, she's good with stuff like that.

Zatanna might be fun though! A bit more simple too. xD I find with CC it's better not to have really elaborate cosplays. For one- they might get ruined in the masses of people, and another you'll never move, which means you won't get to see things.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #1875
Hearth
Unregistered User

Congratulations on your future graduation! n_n What are you studying? Or should I say what did you study?

I personally felt there was a good balance between the characters in issue 3, so hopefully that won't be an issue. :-) It's great that the creative team is so approachable... it helps make the whole experience more enjoyable.

It's kind of odd. I did try posting up an ad twice, but I always got that message about being approved by a mod and they never got posted. So, I kind of scratch my head when I see those other ads. Ah, well. That would be wonderful, but I never really made anything of that nature... I can't even decoupage shoes right, haha. I do want to learn how to be able to construct costumes someday, though.

My roommate had to point out that YJ Zatanna does not wear a top hat. Or at least, I don't recall her ever wearing one in the show. But, yes... I guess I do have to remind myself if what I want to do is practical or not. ^_^;; So, perhaps Zatanna would be a better choice.