Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Why do you like to cosplay?
I like making the costumes. 8 50.00%
I like meeting new people. 10 62.50%
I like to hang out with friends. 9 56.25%
I'm obsessed with the character I'm cosplaying. 5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #31
ReiliaCosplays

[quote=vdaysnowstorm;4599081]ReiliaCosplays, your Tamao Suzumi cosplays are so amazing! Strawberry Panic needs more love.

I'm actually in the process of redoing my Tamao cosplay! I finished the cosplay last night, but I still need to work on the wig and shoes. I'll post pics of it when it's done! ^_^
ReiliaCosplays is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #32
Xelica
The Hyper One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaysnowstorm View Post
ReiliaCosplays, your Tamao Suzumi cosplays are so amazing! Strawberry Panic needs more love.

Thank you

Wilkes-Barre is no more than 5 minutes away from where I live. I know of quite a few cosplayers that live there but they aren’t on cosplay.com. The Osterhout Free Library (not sure if you’re familiar with it) used to have an anime club (back in the day, not sure if it’s still running).
Yes! I am quite familiar with that library. xD I don't believe they have an anime club anymore though. ):
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #33
Xelica
The Hyper One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll View Post
Hi there ^.^ I hope I'm not to late posting this.

Name: Karly
Willing to cosplay: I'm up to anything really and if it's from a series I enjoy. Doesn't necessarily have to be someone from an anime/manga. I would love to do some Disney cosplay and maybe try steampunk.

Like the person above me, I'm also new to the hobby.

Aha! We live only 16 minutes apart! I'm really new to cosplaying as well. In fact, I've yet to go to my first anime con. -doesn't have a ride-
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #34
KennadeeK

Name: Kaydee
Willing to cosplay: Pretty much anything. I'm currently planning a Disney Fairies group (we already have a Tink and Peri), a Ghibli group (we already have a KiKi and Tombo), and a Cardcaptors group (We already have a Li, Sakura, and Tomoyo). Also if I was in a cosplay group I'd be willing to make fellow group member's costumes/wigs pretty cheap, so long as the fellow members wouldn't mind me competing with said costumes (as in being judged for making group costumes).

I go to Setsucon every year. This past con (2013) I placed first in the Hall Cosplay. If you went, you probably saw me (Human Luna). I'd really love to meet some cosplay friends who live close by. It's really frustrating that my cosplay partner lives way out past Grove City and we don't get to meet up, save for a very few conventions. If any of you live near (or would be willing to drive to) Harrisburg I'd love to meet up and cosplay together! My boyfriend is a great photographer (almost professional) and he takes a lot of great cosplay photos- I'm sure he'd be willing to photograph you if you asked!
I hope this gets responses- I'd love to meet new friends! ; )
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #35
JustACostume

Name:Abigail
Willing to cosplay:
I tend to crossplay really ditsy blondes but as long as I like the character and the series I'm up for anything.
My deviantart is http://justacostume.deviantart.com/
JustACostume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #36
kendraduck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennadeeK View Post
Name: Kaydee
Willing to cosplay: Pretty much anything. I'm currently planning a Disney Fairies group (we already have a Tink and Peri), a Ghibli group (we already have a KiKi and Tombo), and a Cardcaptors group (We already have a Li, Sakura, and Tomoyo). Also if I was in a cosplay group I'd be willing to make fellow group member's costumes/wigs pretty cheap, so long as the fellow members wouldn't mind me competing with said costumes (as in being judged for making group costumes).

I go to Setsucon every year. This past con (2013) I placed first in the Hall Cosplay. If you went, you probably saw me (Human Luna). I'd really love to meet some cosplay friends who live close by. It's really frustrating that my cosplay partner lives way out past Grove City and we don't get to meet up, save for a very few conventions. If any of you live near (or would be willing to drive to) Harrisburg I'd love to meet up and cosplay together! My boyfriend is a great photographer (almost professional) and he takes a lot of great cosplay photos- I'm sure he'd be willing to photograph you if you asked!
I hope this gets responses- I'd love to meet new friends! ; )
I'm in Mechanicsburg, that's only 20-ish minutes away. I'm 17 though, so that's kind of an age difference. But I love Studio Ghibli!
Maou Sadao - Demon Form (The Devil is a Part Timer!)

Planned cosplays:
Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)
BE!Koujaku (DRAMAtical Murder)

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #37
MiaMouse

Name: Mia
Willing to Cosplay: Most characters
Just looking for cosplayers near me to hangout with and do some photo shoots with (I'm a photographer) ^.^
MiaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #38
Katsu-Kia
Lost Fire Ninja

Name: Brittany
Willing to cosplay: Pretty much anything. I've cosplayed from anime, manga, comics, games, and shows. =)
I've gone to Tekko and Otakon frequently but I want to try out some of the other local cons. Group cosplays are such a blast!
Katsu-Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
singleperfectio
Hey its me!

Name - Isis
Age - 21
Location - Just outside Reading, PA
Gender - Depends
Willing to cosplay - anyone. I do a wide variety of various things from various locations.
I've gone to Katsucon, Otakon, Zenkaikon, and this year will be the first year I'll be going to Anime Weekend Atlanta. I love to cosplay for cmvs and even just to take photos.

Katsu-Kia, We are not that far apart at all. :3

Attending -
Katsucon *FEB* - Hiccup (how to Train Your Dragon), Austria (Hetalia), Rose Tyler (Dr Who)
Zenkaikon *MARCH*- Hiccup, Austria, Finland (scandinavia and the World), PJ!Ukraine (Hetalia - original design), Sherlock (BBC's Sherlock)
Anime Weekend Atlanta *Sep* - Medusa (Soul Eater), Yuuka (Touhou Project), Ukraine or Belarus (Hetalia)

Possibly -
Anime Next *JUNE*
Otakon *AUG*
singleperfectio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #40
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

Name- Chrissy
age -30
Location- Pottsville, PA
Gender- female

I am looking mostly to meet up and maybe have friends to plan group stuff with at local cons (Ota, Katsu Zenkai, Setsu etc) but it doesnt have to be set in stone. I cosplay various animes, but also recently got into photography.

Actually would be very interested in planning a decent size meet up/photoshoot for cosplayers and photographers locally in the spring/early summer (prob between Harrisburg or Reading areas since seems most of us are around there) ?? yay nay?
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #41
ultninjaboi
A Bard amongst Men

Name- Mike
Age- 20
Location- Technically Trenton, NJ, but I have an apartment out in State College PA (it's complicated.)
Gender- Male

I just figured I'd put my name in here because I'm hoping to spend some time with my PSU buddies this spring/summer, so I'd be in PA more than usual. And trenton isn't TOO far away from western PA.

Not really looking for anything specific. I just think it'd be awesome to hang with some cosplayers for a change. I just love making/wearing costumes, regardless of when/where i get to wear them. I don't know ANY who live near me as of yet. And it will give me a reason to wear my costumes.

I mostly do gaming cosplay, but i may give some anime characters a try as i get better, and have more disposable income.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence." -C.S. Lewis

Current Projects:
TF2 Scout: 95% done.
Courier (Fallout New Vegas):75% done
Jack Marston (Red Dead Redemption): 50% done
The Boss (Saints Row): Planning Stages

Last edited by ultninjaboi : 03-31-2013 at 09:14 PM.
ultninjaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #42
bahmont

Name:matt fisher
Willing to cosplay:slave leia.
im actually looking for people too.
i plan on going to p.a ren fair in corset and gown and next year to dragon con as slave leia.
looking for people to meet up with at ren fair and or dragon con.
im old though so not sure how this works.
most of you are under 20.
bahmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #43
bahmont

Lostdreamz.
cool i could use a photographer.
how much you charge?
i see you are more my age i am looking for people to go to convention as well.
bahmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #44
SeaWeedHead
~ Soul's Temperature ~

Hi everyone!

Name: Audrey
Location: Milford, PA (Northeast, tri-state area of PA, NJ, and NY)

Willing to Cosplay: Anyone really, as long as I do some research on the character and they have attire I'd be comfortable wearing.

I don't make my own costumes, but I would love to learn! And I actually don't go to any cons in PA considering my location, although I'm not opposed to the idea. This year I'm going to AnimeNEXT, Otakon, and then Anime USA in D.C.

I'm 99.99% sure no one in my area cosplays, so it'd be nice to meet others around who do

AnimeNEXT 2014:
maid!Rin Matsuoka - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Drama CD

Otakon 2014:
maid!Rin Matsuoka - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Drama CD
pilot!Kise Ryota - Kuroko no Basket Character Bible

Anime USA 2014:
SeaWeedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
singleperfectio
Hey its me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennadeeK View Post
I'm currently planning a Disney Fairies group (we already have a Tink and Peri), a Ghibli group (we already have a KiKi and Tombo), and a Cardcaptors group (We already have a Li, Sakura, and Tomoyo). Also if I was in a cosplay group I'd be willing to make fellow group member's costumes/wigs pretty cheap, so long as the fellow members wouldn't mind me competing with said costumes (as in being judged for making group costumes)
i love the disney fairies! I started a Silvermist cosplay over the summer, but I am soooooo stuck on the wings. and i just styled my howl wig last week! Im about an hour out from you, but thats how far i travelvto get to the other people i cosplsy with, so thats not a problem at all. I would love to be a part, if you will have me.

Attending -
Katsucon *FEB* - Hiccup (how to Train Your Dragon), Austria (Hetalia), Rose Tyler (Dr Who)
Zenkaikon *MARCH*- Hiccup, Austria, Finland (scandinavia and the World), PJ!Ukraine (Hetalia - original design), Sherlock (BBC's Sherlock)
Anime Weekend Atlanta *Sep* - Medusa (Soul Eater), Yuuka (Touhou Project), Ukraine or Belarus (Hetalia)

Possibly -
Anime Next *JUNE*
Otakon *AUG*
singleperfectio is offline   Reply With Quote