Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Dangan Ronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair

I didn't see a thread for this so apologies if there is one, I tried searching and everything though and I didn't find a thing...

Anyway, Dangan Ronpa is slowly gaining a fanbase and surely I can't be the only one wanting to cosplay from it so I made a thread where we can talk about it! Please keep it relatively spoiler free, I know it might be a little hard in the case of some characters but at least put a warning or something.

I'm personally planning to cosplay Chihiro soon, the one reason I even decided to try and get into it (Of course, I fell in love with the series as soon as I read it)
I mean, cute programmer/hacker characters are my one weakness and also an extremely rare one to find too so like heck I was gonna pass up this one!!

Sooo anyone else planning a Dangan Ronpa cosplay?

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

YESSSS OH MAN I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS THREAD. My new dream cosplay is Souda, even though he's from SDR2, and I'm already looking around to buy junk with money I don't have, heheh.

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Next con: Akai Con
Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
schmemy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
YESSSS OH MAN I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS THREAD. My new dream cosplay is Souda, even though he's from SDR2, and I'm already looking around to buy junk with money I don't have, heheh.
Oh no I haven't really gotten to SDR2 yet ; ___; but it's still super awesome to see people cosplaying from it, it's still pretty sadly underrated but I guess that's sorta to be expected from a Japan only game which can only be found in English in the form of Lets Play translations. Shame when it's so amazing but I'm super happy to see another fan!

Maybe it'll get a popularity boost when the anime comes out, though! I'm excited for that one

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

It's really good! Not much as been translated so far, but I am really excited for more. Have you finished the first game already?

Since the anime's coming out this summer, and the manga is being translated already, I can imagine within a few months that the fandom is going to explode Which I am excited for!

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
PK.love

I will be cosplaying Naegi in May! I am patiently waiting for some things in the mail so I can finally get started working on it. I am glad he is really short like me haha.

I also was debating on cosplaying Kuzuryuu from DR2 in the future. He is my favorite character in that game and we are the exact same height with baby faces so I feel it was meant to be! I just don't know how to tackle his weirdo hair.

I am glad to see other DR cosplayers around here! : D
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
It's really good! Not much as been translated so far, but I am really excited for more. Have you finished the first game already?

Since the anime's coming out this summer, and the manga is being translated already, I can imagine within a few months that the fandom is going to explode Which I am excited for!
I'm a bit of a slow reader (or rather, I'm not slow at reading, I'm just slow... I have to re-read things a lot to process them properly) so I haven't quite finished yet but I'm absolutely in love with it so far! I'm pretty excited to see a boost in popularity, it's so amazing I think it deserves the attention! Plus maybe if it gains more attention in the west there's some possibility of it being translated and officially released in English? I mean, games like 999 were released in English and I'd say they were similar so I wouldn't say it was impossible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK.love View Post
I will be cosplaying Naegi in May! I am patiently waiting for some things in the mail so I can finally get started working on it. I am glad he is really short like me haha.

I also was debating on cosplaying Kuzuryuu from DR2 in the future. He is my favorite character in that game and we are the exact same height with baby faces so I feel it was meant to be! I just don't know how to tackle his weirdo hair.

I am glad to see other DR cosplayers around here! : D
Ah, I can't wait to see it! I'm currently waiting for my Chihiro orders too heheh I just couldn't wait to get started on this one.
Good luck with your cosplays, I'm really excited to see more DR cosplayers too and I hope to see progress from you guys ;U;

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 03-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
MercuryLampe
based minto

I'm working on a Junko cosplay right now, and next year I'll be cosplaying Nagito from SDR2 uwu I even have a group started with my friends...we've got a Celes and a Fukawa!

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
by that I mean mastermind!Junko and Genocider!Fukawa hehe
I even made a monokuma hoodie for my junko cosplay

I'm so excited to see the fanbase growing, and I can't wait to see everyone's cosplays!
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryLampe View Post
I'm working on a Junko cosplay right now, and next year I'll be cosplaying Nagito from SDR2 uwu I even have a group started with my friends...we've got a Celes and a Fukawa!

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
by that I mean mastermind!Junko and Genocider!Fukawa hehe
I even made a monokuma hoodie for my junko cosplay

I'm so excited to see the fanbase growing, and I can't wait to see everyone's cosplays!
Ah I can't wait to see, that's so cool! I have a group planned too, we only need about 4 or 5 more people until we have the whole Dangan Ronpa cast so that's exciting!

I've ordered a bunch of stuff for Chihiro but I'm still waiting for it ; ___; and yes I really do hope to see this fandom keep expanding!!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
PK.love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I'm a bit of a slow reader (or rather, I'm not slow at reading, I'm just slow... I have to re-read things a lot to process them properly) so I haven't quite finished yet but I'm absolutely in love with it so far! I'm pretty excited to see a boost in popularity, it's so amazing I think it deserves the attention! Plus maybe if it gains more attention in the west there's some possibility of it being translated and officially released in English? I mean, games like 999 were released in English and I'd say they were similar so I wouldn't say it was impossible!
Yeah I am a big fan of the other games you mentioned so I would loooove to see it be translated like them! Actually, do you know about the fan translation of the game? They only have the demo out right now in english but I would say the full first game will be released sometime this year based on their progress? They are also going to be working on the 2nd game too I guess! ;u;

I am actually playing through DR2 right now in Japanese, but it is very difficult with my low grasp of the language. It is still great though and makes me feel accomplished haha!
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Yeah I am a big fan of the other games you mentioned so I would loooove to see it be translated like them! Actually, do you know about the fan translation of the game? They only have the demo out right now in english but I would say the full first game will be released sometime this year based on their progress? They are also going to be working on the 2nd game too I guess! ;u;

I am actually playing through DR2 right now in Japanese, but it is very difficult with my low grasp of the language. It is still great though and makes me feel accomplished haha!
Yeah, the only potential thing holding it back I guess is that it's a PSP game?? And oh really? I heard about a fan translation but not a demo, is this from the fan translation of the game or something official? :0

But ah, that sounds so cool! I wish I could play the games properly but sadly I know no Japanese, I struggle to play even Idolm@ster in Japanese let alone a text based game.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
PK.love

I wouldn't think that would hold it back much though! There is still the potential for a digital version only, like the Corpse Party games. Both are text based novel-y games for PSP and the 2nd one was released in January. That gives me hope and I will cling to it haha!

The demo is by the fans who are translating the whole game for people to play! The demo is a translation of the actual game demo though. You can check out their whole project here: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/
I played the demo and it looks great. I hate to sound too dorky but it was really exciting playing it on my PSP for the first time haha! If you can, you should totally check it out.

Yeah it is really hard, especially since the 2nd one has a lot of new sequences in the trials that involve forming words. They are making it harder haha! At least there are nice people translating things for everyone. C:
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
I wouldn't think that would hold it back much though! There is still the potential for a digital version only, like the Corpse Party games. Both are text based novel-y games for PSP and the 2nd one was released in January. That gives me hope and I will cling to it haha!

The demo is by the fans who are translating the whole game for people to play! The demo is a translation of the actual game demo though. You can check out their whole project here: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/
I played the demo and it looks great. I hate to sound too dorky but it was really exciting playing it on my PSP for the first time haha! If you can, you should totally check it out.

Yeah it is really hard, especially since the 2nd one has a lot of new sequences in the trials that involve forming words. They are making it harder haha! At least there are nice people translating things for everyone. C:
Ah, true! I hope it does get released, I'd be super super happy if the iOS version came out too like the original, otherwise I might just have to buy a PSP. But ah yes I saw this, it's really exciting!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Unread 04-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Just decided to do a Sonia Nevermind cosplay as well. I'm trying to figure out her weird socks. If you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Emi
want some pins with that?

I'm planning on doing Chihiro or Junko! I'm only about half way through the first Dangan Ronpa though since I've been busy with school. Chihiro's skirt is stumping me on how to get it so poofy without petticoats.

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
Convulsive
My name is Kan

YES HELLO FRIENDS
I'm planning a Gundam, Peko, and Chiaki ;3;

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Last edited by Convulsive : 05-27-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote