Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I am so much inlove with this show! Its so deep and mindfucked..So I have decided to cosplay as Akane I share some traits with her!

And speaking for the dominator here is a tutorial! http://cosplayruinedmylife.tumblr.co...nator-tutorial I am thinking about going after this tutorial since it looks pretty decent and my friend who will be my Kogami/Makishima say something about using to use LED lights so it will shine blue! Thats a pretty good idea lol.

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 40%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 75 %
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations.
In hopes of comin' true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you" - Waterfalls, TLC. -

Last edited by MissAngie : 03-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
usuyukisou

I'm considering watching the series because I am such a sucker for badass suits XD

I'm currently looking at Shion or Yayoi for cosplaying.
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
Luna

Tutorial

This tutorial is awesome. I made my Dominator using that and it looks fairly decent considering I never made a prop in my entire life. Haha, very very thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post

And speaking for the dominator here is a tutorial! http://cosplayruinedmylife.tumblr.co...nator-tutorial

Psycho-Pass
Magi Labyrinth of Magic
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post
I am so much inlove with this show! Its so deep and mindfucked..So I have decided to cosplay as Akane I share some traits with her!

And speaking for the dominator here is a tutorial! http://cosplayruinedmylife.tumblr.co...nator-tutorial I am thinking about going after this tutorial since it looks pretty decent and my friend who will be my Kogami/Makishima say something about using to use LED lights so it will shine blue! Thats a pretty good idea lol.
That dominator tutorial is excellent, I might have to remake mine if I wear Ko again because mine is in a bit of a sad state at the moment.
At the moment I've only cosplayed Ko and Makishima from the final episode but I have Kagari sitting tentatively on my cosplay list because while I love the man, I don't know if I can do him justice.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
MissLunatic
Someone

Just before the series was finished I happened to find it as well XD.
And I have to say it was an instantaneous flash. I just love dystopyan novels, so it wasn't a surprise.
Besides to my mind the Amano designs are rather very amusing xD. Especially when Akane compared Kougami to a carnivore, I couldn't help I was laughing.
But I rather like that the story is unique and serious. As much as I love KH Reborn! I didn't want to have a copy of it.

I wasn't sure while watching if I should cosplay from it though, since this time I didn't find a perfect match... buut... I might now even go for two chars... the more or less obvious choice since friends predicted it beforehand is Kagari... the other, well... might be a challenge and very funny and I'm not sure if I'll actually do it (and I have to emphasize -for fun! -)... but my favourite character happens to be Masaoka -.- ....
But we'll have to see how everything turns out with our little group and what the year is about to bring...

Oh and besides that tutorial is great! Already found that on the web as well... It's a good starting point and might be upgraded a little within the process. I was thinking about LEDs too besides, but I still have no experience with them... and before I'd mess that up I'd rather go for a more plain version. But I have to say this Dominator tempts me to work at it right now while I have to learn...

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Ling Yao (Gluttony's Belly) (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)

Last edited by MissLunatic : 03-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Okay, so I've been making good progress on Makishima and am pretty much just waiting for the wig, have to get the contacts and will slim down my current dress shirt for him.
I also got my mom to lend me some classic books for poses and I think I'll also buy and modify a razor for him, since it's just such a simple outfit.

And I'm conflicted on doing Yayoi!
It would hardly be a costume, since I can just buy everything and use my real hair plus maybe some ponytail extension clip ons and contact lenses.
She also didn't get too much screen time and wouldn't really be recognized, but I still really like her.. Gah! >A<
It would give me a nice excuse to make a Dominator with that awesome tutorial though...
(But I would want a Shion, too! °^°)

@MissLunatic
Haha, I felt the same as another KHR-fan. xD
Really, some characters just look so much like lovechildren of Reborn-characters. |D
And I think you'd make a great Kagari, but it would be super awesome to see Masaoka cosplays! Not being young and bishi does tend to let cool characters go unnoticed. xP
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 80%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |

Last edited by LluviaSarcasm : 03-26-2013 at 07:38 AM.
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
MissLunatic
Someone

@Lluvia:
Cool ! Looking forward to see your Makishima.^-^ Maybe I even get a chance to see it at a con sometime if you don’t plan to wear it at shootings only.
It’s really cool that you get the books and the razor since both is really characteristic for him.
(The books would be no problem for me I think xD. I’ve got a copy of Brave New World and other books like that and some classic ones as well. )

About Yayoi: If it is really natural to you… why not give her a try? Especially if it isn’t a difficult and extremely costly costume at all? Besides I’d like to see a Yayoi cosplay as well, especially since it is not the most common choice and she’s a nice character afterall. Her backstory was really cool and surprising. And about the problem to be recognized: What about a group cosplay? I’d even suggest cosplaying from this series together sometime if you like and don’t feel uhm annoyed by that suggestion. Friends of mine are already set on cosplaying Akane, Kougami, Makishima and another acquaintance is thinking about cosplaying Gino which let my thoughts about Masaoka become more realistic. Cause if I really want to cosplay pops I want at least to have a son as well xD.
(For this reason and in general as well I really understand that you’d want a Shion to cosplay with together. But she is not the most difficult character to be found I’d guess. There should really be a good chance.)

Besides: I already have nearly half of the clothes in my cosplay closet as well (excluding the Dominator of course)… For Kagari I’d just need a tie, socks, shoes (maybe the blue jacket) and a wig (G.’s and Gokudera’s style really have something in common with his xD). For Masaoka I’d only need that trench coat and a wig o.O. That’s what tempts me too. So why not cosplay something even if it is rather easy?^^

About Reborn!:

XD so true! It’s just sometimes a little difficult to compare them to the right chars… Makishima for sure is a mix of Byakuran and Mukuro though, Kougami Hibari TYL, Akane reminds me strongly of Tsuna in one way or another (though she’s much more clever), Kagari is regarding appearance a little like a brown/orange-haired Ken and a little like Gamma considering that hairstyle he had in the Arcobaleno battle arc in present time, Yayoi just looks like Adelheid, one of Akane’s friends reminded me strongly of Haru, only Gino rather reminds me of Ishida from Bleach although you could also say he looks like a little older Aoba with black hair. Just Shion and Masaoka are not easily compared to others… although the best fit for Shion might still be Bianchi, that comparison seems a little off though…

Oh, thanks! I’m not that sure myself if that hairstyle will really suit me (the colour shouldn’t be a problem though) and if I really will be able to present him well in every single pic…

About Masaoka, I think so too and my friends were already really excited to try the make-up on me some time xD.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

@MissLunatic

Oh thanks a lot! I'm hoping I can do him justice, seeing as this anime and it's characters was the first new one to thrill me like this. The one before that was Madoka Magica, which was a little while ago. Urobutcher-magic~!
Right now I'm planning on wearing him to the ChiisaiCon in Hamburg, but yeah, I think we live relatively far apart, unfortunately. It would be cool though!

Yeah, I really did like Yayoi a lot, and she isn't as popular, which is sort of nice for a change. It's also not so often that I find a female character that fits so well. (And maybe I could get pics with my guitar. xD)
Just that I feel like maybe it would be too easy, as in just ending up being me with contacts at a job interview (+Dominator), haha.^^°
I would love to have a group, I'd definitely do it then. If we ever have the chance, I'd be happy to join you guys.
Groups can be so much fun, and it's generally a series that doesn't quite have characters that stick out alone much.
And maybe I could find me a Shion then.^^
So yeah, it looks like you convinced me, hehehe, thank you! :3

Ohh, if you like the characters and it's not too much effort, especially if you have friends with you, why not go for both? As I said, I think you'd make a great Kagari and I'd be super impressed at any Masaoka (especially if you go all out on make up to make it realistic looking).

Yes, Makishima does so look like 10069's love child, the guys on Pixiv noticed as well,so I saved some cute cracky fanarts with mom and das TYL!Mukuro and Byakuran with kid!Makishima. It's just hilarious and kind of adorable in a psychotic way.
This is probably also why I like him so much, since he reminds me a little bit of Mukuro, whom I <3, if KHR wasn't aimed at a younger demographic.
With Kogami some others have said also with an added mix of TYL!Yamamoto and Xanxus, but to me he still looks like Hibari.^^
Akane actually reminded me a bit of Chrome with her short hair with some Haru added, but maybe I'm just strange. But you're right, when they are determined, Tsuna and her look alike.
With Shion I did think of Bianchi, but I'm relatively sure it's just Amano's generic sexy woman face type which makes them similar looking..
And actually Gino reminds me a bit of Chikusa. xD
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 80%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
MissLunatic
Someone

@Lluvia:

I have to admit: I haven’t even watched Madoka xD. But I like to listen to the opening from time to time.^^ I don’t know… I guess I’m still very much into KH Reborn! … somehow kinda a shame. There are amazing shows/mangas out there. But I love the chars too much, talk too much about them to friends… rpg… lately finally got me the Colore artbook after 2 years… Still a strange continuing flash… But I have to admit there have been minor flashes too: Like Ao no Exorcist, Saint Seiya – Lost Canvas, Magi and there is another All-time-beloved-story called A Song of Ice and Fire aka Game of Thrones.

Oh, sorry, that was a little off topic ^^’’.

Oh Ok, I have been to ChisaiiCon once (and even travelled to the very small Chisaii sometimes back in 2009), but you are right, Hamburg is really quite far away for me. Although not farther than Munich or Leipzig in fact. I guess then I’ll have to be content with the pictures.

Oh, if you even play the guitar that would be an additional bonus O.O. Sometimes such tiny details fit strangely well.

*grin* Mission complete xD! No, I guess we could continue to talk about that via PM or another way you prefer.

I guess I’ll do, I just don’t know when exactly. But one is planned this year for sure. (About the make up: Pls mind, I don’t have experience with it at all and I don’t know if the others have xD. So it’s rather a funny experiment.)

I found that pic too and was a little disturbed but still grinning. I guess you explained the reason well xD.

Whom you what?

Xanxus and Hibari just happen to look a little alike regarding hair style. TYL Xanxus has in fact the same as not TYL Hibari. I think TYL Hibari is a better comparision to Kogami, especially since his skin isn’t really tanned, is it?

You’ve got a point there. Her rather shy demeanor in the beginning and that eyes of hers have got something in common with Chrome as well. I just didn’t notice that.

I guess about Shion you are right. I don’t find a character close to her at all as I already said.

Oh, omg that’s true… entirely forgot about Chikusa. You are right o.O. But you are naturally regarding Reborn! more focused on the Kokyou gang than me I suppose.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)

Last edited by MissLunatic : 03-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
Scorpio8116

I love this show!~ I watched it once with my siblings, and this past week I invited my friends over and we marathoned the whole series in two days

I've been having some trouble planning cosplay. I've never really sewn anything before, so I used to buy my cosplay online (a Bleach shinigami uniform) and I just wore that a couple years in a row. Last year I just gave up and didn't cosplay, but this year I want to do something, and since both of my brothers are coming, we considered Psycho Pass cosplay~

I would go as Akane, one of my brothers (who wears glasses) would be Gino, and my other brother would be Kougami. It's perfect in terms of sewing skill because I can just buy all the stuff we need, and that tutorial on making Dominators looks perfect! I'll have to give it a shot soon.

My only concern is getting wigs. I've never gotten wigs before, so I've been looking at what cosplay.com has and I know I'll have to do some cutting to get Akane's and Gino's hair to look right. I supposed I'll have to use styling glue or something for Kougami's. I've never cut a wig before though, so... I'm a little scared. I need to scout for some tutorials >.>
Scorpio8116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
MissLunatic
Someone

@Scorpio:

Sounds cool .

Psycho Pass really is a good alternative if you don't want to sew, yes. Especially if you don't go for their official jackets.

Don't worry about wigs though. I have to admit I never have done the wigstyling myself up till now and haven't cut a wig except for a tail once since there I could hardly mess. But I think it is doable and there are lots of tutorials out there. Fortunately regarding all three wigs you only need to cut and not to sew wigs together or to create extensive spikes.
Besides there is not only coscom where you can order them. I usually just search ebay although it is a little chancy (and you really have to look at the evaluations the seller got so far). But regarding black wigs the colour can't really be off so they can only be thin or come in a strange cut not shown in the pics. In most cases I have been lucky so far though.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #27
Scorpio8116

Thanks for the tip! And you're right, having brown/black wigs means there's not as much of an issue in terms of color. I should find the wigs I want soon so that I don't end up procrastinating on this costume and end up not doing it >3> Once I start investing money, I get into it because I'm too cheap to let my money go to waste, haha.

But now my Spring Break is over... ugh, I need to make some time for this stuff.
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
Gemelli

This series is amazing and I'm considering to cosplay someone myself some time; just not sure who and when. I think I'll either go for Tsunemori Akane or Ouryou Rikako (the batshit art girl xD).
Gemelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #29
evaunit01berser
Banned

Making one of the drones in their happy face "are you distressed" mode
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #30
Scorpio8116

^ That's an amazing idea XD

For my Akane wig, I've narrowed it down to a couple options on epiccosplay (most people have recommended either this site or arda-wigs but arda-wigs is out of stock on most brown/black wigs). So far the one I like the most is this one: http://www.epiccosplay.com/medium-br...short-wig.html
It has the bangs done in the front so all I need to do is trim the back (and make the bangs look a little more disheveled).

Tomorrow I'll look at more options for Ginoza and Kougami so hopefully I can place an order by this weekend.