Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 162 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1021
Neon-Heart417

I'm working on getting more toned up for my Gekokujou cosplay for this summer!

I'm kinda chubby overall, and saddly (god I hate them so much) I have "love handles" and stuff. I'm mainly working on my arms, since his arms are more exposed, because I'll be binding anyway, so the'll do for the chest area. c:

Any ideas for help? If anything, PM me cx.
Neon-Heart417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #1022
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Honestly, right now I'm more focused on actually getting fit enough to get to that point. I can cosplay big characters, but not really any of the small ones (I feel like I would 'disrespect' the character to not do a good job). My dream cosplay, at least at the moment, is to cosplay one of the main characters from Hajime no Ippo (The Fighting Spirit).
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #1023
Ashe Nyte
Retired tentacle demon...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs45/f/20...y_Ninjatic.jpg

I'm trying to get in shape to pull off a shirtless Kratos. Not as bulky but with the muscles clearly defined. I plan on doing some crossplaying and I really don't wanna make the character look like they overdosed on steroids lol. I really just want a defined dancer/swimmers build.

My routine:
I go to Planet Fitness before work and get 2 hours in. I spend an hour on the tredmil and then I go to their 12 minute ab area. You work all of your abdominal muscles so I do that one once every two days so I don't injure myself. And then I work my chest, back, and arms on various machines. I never follow a set pattern so my body dosent adjust itself to my workouts. I also do yoga at home before I go to sleep and when I wake up. I also eat healthier now. I went from a size 40 to a 36 in about 2 monthsand that was just cutting out junk food. I normally heat just veggies and fruit but I add meats on the weekend or when before a workout that I know is going to be tough.
Vincent Valentine from Fina Fantasy 7 50% done

Reality is tempered by what we percieve. How then, are we to know what is real an what is imagined?
Ashe Nyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #1024
BlooShine

I'm short and I like to dress cute and look cute, and so I always tend to gravitate toward the cutesy characters and outfits.
Right now I'm working on getting fit for Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier), Menma (Ano hana), Xiao (Dark Cloud), aaaand... I think that's it for now.
If I ever reach the point where I've got the abs I want, I wouldn't mind doing one of the dress-sphere outfits that Yuna and Rikku have, the designs are so fun!
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #1025
ultninjaboi
A Bard amongst Men

Looking to get rid of my belly Pudge to do a Psycho Mantis outfit. Only issue would be how thick I am. I may have too big of a build for him...
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence." -C.S. Lewis

Current Projects:
TF2 Scout: 95% done.
Courier (Fallout New Vegas):75% done
Jack Marston (Red Dead Redemption): 50% done
The Boss (Saints Row): Planning Stages
ultninjaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #1026
Chryso

Mine's kind of a personal journey. After eighteen months of a knee injury that required surgery, and a separate incident causing injuries to my wrist and both knees for two months, I think I'm almost ready to get back into it. Since parkour was/is my chosen physical activity, and people say I look like her, I'm really looking forward to getting into shape for Faith from Mirror's Edge. http://www.leftgamerreview.org/wp-co...edge_punch.jpg
It'll be a long road, representing my recovery from chronic injuries (seriously, there were months where I couldn't go up stairs or even mild inclines without hurting/struggling/gritting my teeth), it will be a proud day when I can finally be running again, and Faith will represent my return.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:12 AM   #1027
misslomeow

- Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki and Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist :3

- Restricting sugar intake and walking everywhere
misslomeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #1028
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Trying to tone up and get from a 27 1/2 inch waist to a 26 to cosplay Lara Croft for ACen. The most important thing is getting rid of the little lower-belly-pooch thing I have that seems to run in my family. IT WILL BE DONE.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #1029
ChidoriLove89

Thought I would jump on this band wagon!

I am currently working on getting in shape for this character http://guiltycrown.wikia.com/wiki/File:1042891.jpg --- Mana Ouma from Guilty Crown

As you can tell, really skinny and legs for days! I also am cosplaying INori from the same series. Also, a genderbent version of ANbu Kakashi... so lets just say I have more work cut out for me being 5'5" and 150lbs! 0.o

Currently: I work out at the gym 5 days a week and I am following Jamie Easons Live Fit program which is pretty awesome. Unfortunatly I cannt follow the meal plan since I work full time and full time student and it makes it hard to plan that many meals or make that much food. I also do this work out class called MUSCLE on Mon and Wed and it defiantly kicks your butt!
I just try and pick heathier options and cut my portions and do alot of cardio! I have been doing for a couple months and have defiantly seen some muscle growing.

Keep it up everyone!

[Convention Cosplay List for 2014
:
  • AOT Kakashi Hatake (Hidden Leaf Style)
  • Fran FF12 -- 10%
  • KosMos From Xenosaga
ChidoriLove89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #1030
Masenkohuh
lord of spandex

Nami from One Piece after the 2 year timeskip. That's right, I'm being bold and doing the bikini top. I hopefully will have more of a six pack by then.
WIPS: Guilt Na Zan - Vampire Doll (90% done), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (75% done), Medusa-Soul eater (planning), Belle- Once upon a time (planning)
Masenkohuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #1031
Tai Prime
Cosplay Dreamer

I've been working since last summer for my fem Captian Urahara from bleach and fem Yukio from Blue Exorsict. I've lost 62 pounds already I'm hoping to lose another 13 or 18 by Otakon 2013! And more for Otakon Vegas 2014 in January.

Past Otakon 2011-13 Cosplays:
Merin(kuroshitsuji), Nanao Ise(Bleach), Kikyo(Inuyasha),Yuki-Onna(nurarihyon no mago), Female Yukio(Blue Exorcist)

Future: Digimon, Sytry (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realists)g
Tai Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #1032
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

My boyfriend and I just got started on our fitness routine, and we've set various cosplay goals relative to how much weight we've lost.

Currently, I've got MyFitnessPal installed on my phone to help me keep reasonable track of what I'm eating, and I'll be starting a workout routine on Wednesday night. From there, I'll be trying to get in three trips to the gym a week, with swimming at least once a week. Also, I'd like to find a good usb dance pad for use with Stepmania to play DDR on my computer, then I would have some decent cardio to get into on off days for the gym.

Basically, I'm just looking for good lifestyle changes that are fun and I'll stick with even once the weight comes off.

My cosplay goals are:
-Poison Ivy (for Otakon this year, not Uma's costume, but similarly based)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/imgspark.co...f7a5c495e8.jpg
-Wonder Woman (maybe by Otakon Vegas, or Halloween, depends on how well things are going)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Woman_0302.jpg
-Vega (Street Fighter, more of a femme version, though, not a crossplay) is the ultimate goal for this time next year, as long as I'm slimmed down a bit through the torso and I've lost enough fat that my arms and legs are showing good tone again
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...vegasfanni.jpg

Seriously, love me some Vega. No rational reason why, I just really like his posting and artwork, and he was really fun to play as growing up back on the Sega Genesis. :3
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #1033
Bovice

Kars from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #1034
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaTheRoo View Post
My boyfriend and I just got started on our fitness routine, and we've set various cosplay goals relative to how much weight we've lost.

Currently, I've got MyFitnessPal installed on my phone to help me keep reasonable track of what I'm eating...

Basically, I'm just looking for good lifestyle changes that are fun and I'll stick with even once the weight comes off.
All the best! The starting phase is always exciting, eh? And it's really great that you're keeping your goal toward your overall health. This'll help you a lot to keep on the forefront of your mind. It makes "cheat days" no longer make sense and helps you appreciate why you're going to all the effort . I looove Poison Ivy so I hope you do a great job with the costuming part too!

Has anyone else had any success with the MyFitnessPal app?
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #1035
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagnosed View Post
All the best! The starting phase is always exciting, eh? And it's really great that you're keeping your goal toward your overall health. This'll help you a lot to keep on the forefront of your mind. It makes "cheat days" no longer make sense and helps you appreciate why you're going to all the effort . I looove Poison Ivy so I hope you do a great job with the costuming part too!

Has anyone else had any success with the MyFitnessPal app?
Actually, one friend of mine has been using the app for a while, and she's lost about 28 pounds since she started! Plus, I've been using it for a week, and my weight loss is right in line with the goal I set in the app. Now that I'll be going in regularly, I should be able to provide more feedback on how accurate it seems to be, but I do find it really useful that it's already pre-loaded with a *lot* of foods' nutrition contents, which lets you track vitamin and mineral intake as well.

I'm so excited for Poison Ivy as well, as by then I should be a decent way in - the only thing hard about it is that I'll have to wait to make my duct tape double and construct the outfit, because by the time I get to wear it I should be smaller! XD
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote