Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
donttouchmymilk

Do it! Everyone slips up. It's only if you don't hop back on it that you really get derailed. Just acknowledge it, and move forward. You can do this!
donttouchmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #17
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

Thank you so much for your encouragment donttouchmymilk. I feel like I can really do this. It's been hard to be able to think I can do this.

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Lady Loki-Thor 2 (Brainstorming)
StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
donttouchmymilk

No problem! I know how much some encouragement can help. I've been right where you are. Since last spring, I've gone from 177lbs to 146. i've still got about 10lbs to go, but I couldn't have done it without knowing people were on my side, cheering me on. I know how much it helps. Been able to get back on the wagon?
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
StuckOnAsgard

That's amazing! How did you do it?

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
donttouchmymilk

A lot of hard work. What works for me may not work for you, but the biggest things that have helped me were consistently working out, and going vegetarian. Between taking classes and doing stuff on my own, I was trying to work out 5 days a week. Everything from strength training to running and swimming. I'm currently training for my first half marathon.
The vegetarian piece is what I think really helped to kick start the weight loss. Cause not only did it kick out all the high fat meats that were in my diet, it made it nearly impossible to eat at fast food places, which also removed them from my diet. But with all the new vegetarian products they have out there (veggie burgers, "chicken" cutlets and nuggets), the transition is a lot easier than I thought it would be. And I still allow myself to eat meat occasionally to satisfy a craving. That way I don't go crazy.
I know you've talked about it a but, but what all are you doing?
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
StuckOnAsgard

I have limited my portions, cut soda from my diet (which has been hard), working out every day (or at least trying.), and sticking to eating lean chicken and beef, fat free milk, no chips and I think that's about it.

This weekend was a bad weekend for me. My workouts didn't happen and the no junk food didn't happen either. My friends had a birthday party and so I didn't work out and we had a lot of chips and cookies. Then when I went to do my workout I fell and tweaked ankle and it hurt a lot. I'm sure it's not sprained or anything...It's feeling better now and isn't swollen. I will be doing more sit ups to make up for not being able to finish my workout earlier today. My workout consists of a series of workouts for my abs. My friend who is a marine told me about it.

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #22
MeilinII
Captain of the KaRei Ship

Just started a workout routine myself this week! I'm rooting for you too!
One thing about workouts tho. To be safe, in general you shouldn't do the same workout every day. change up your muscle groups frequently so all your muscles get hammered, and warm up with cardio! I'm seeing a difference already. I had cut out soda, juice, and junk food MONTHS ago without change, and the workouts are really doing it fast!

Finished costumes for 2014:
God Tier John Egbert, Meenah Pexies - Homestuck
Kai Hiwatari - Beyblade 2000
Ness - Earthbound
Team Rocket Grunt, Trainer Red, Pikachu - Pokemon
Itachi, Sasuke - Naruto

Planned costumes for 2014:
Hubert - Tales of Graces F - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
MeilinII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
StuckOnAsgard

Coming up on my one week mark. I messed up a few times but more or less feel a difference. I'm going to try the whole vegetarian thing. It's gonna be hard since I LOVE meat but hey...sometimes you have to give things up for a little bit to get what you want.

Current Cosplays:
Lady Loki-The Avengers
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
momomilk

You can do this! I believe in you!! I'll also be working out for Pax as well! Planning to lose at most 20 - 25 lbs. First step for me as well, is to drop soda and start going to the gym to work out an hour a day (or at least on weekdays) and to eat healthier food and smaller portions ^o^ I'm keeping my drinks to water and having the occasional juice/tea if I'm feeling something other than water.

It is tough to keep to it! But I applaud to you for posting a picture of yourself :>
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #25
Septembre
That charming devil again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime10 View Post
Best motivation evar^

Cosplay List

Shin Megami Tensei
SMT: Imagine - IGC `Razgriz - Completed (October 2011)
SMT: Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Completed (May 2013)
SMT: Persona 3 - Akihiko Sanada - TBA (0%)

Death Note
Kira - Light Yagami TBA (0%)
Matt - TBA (0%)

RWBY
Adam - TBA (0%)

Naruto
Zabuza - TBA (0%)

Secret Cosplay - TBA (0%)

Also doing future cosplays for Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Metal Gear Solid and more!
Always looking for cosplay partners & groups!

Septembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #26
Septembre
That charming devil again

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOnAsgard View Post
Coming up on my one week mark. I messed up a few times but more or less feel a difference. I'm going to try the whole vegetarian thing. It's gonna be hard since I LOVE meat but hey...sometimes you have to give things up for a little bit to get what you want.
I know where you're coming from, but vegetarianism or veganism isn't exactly the answer. Your body can use the protein from meats to burn fat. The catch is, you need to eat ALL lean meats. Avoid the skin off of fried chicken, the fat off of roasts. It helps to eat tons of veggies, but you don't have to entirely neglect meats. If you can eat tons of yummy fish! Goodluck!

Cosplay List

Shin Megami Tensei
SMT: Imagine - IGC `Razgriz - Completed (October 2011)
SMT: Persona 4 - Yu Narukami - Completed (May 2013)
SMT: Persona 3 - Akihiko Sanada - TBA (0%)

Death Note
Kira - Light Yagami TBA (0%)
Matt - TBA (0%)

RWBY
Adam - TBA (0%)

Naruto
Zabuza - TBA (0%)

Secret Cosplay - TBA (0%)

Also doing future cosplays for Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Metal Gear Solid and more!
Always looking for cosplay partners & groups!

Septembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #27
donttouchmymilk

Sounds likd you're taking some good steps. And don't worry about the slip ups during the weekend. Just aknowledge it and move forward. I know my last 24 hours have not been very fruitful. But I'll turn it around and get back on the horse, and so will you!
I agree with Meilin about your workouts. Ab work is really important, but don't don't neglect the rest of your body. And in terms of weight loss and burning fat, nothing will do that like good cardio. Running, biking, dancing, swimming, etc.
and Septembre is right too. I personally found going vegetarian helpful, but it's not for everyone. I recommend doing a little research to know what's out there for vegetarian options. For example, I had a friend who went vegetarian for 3 months, and they gained weight because they ate mostly cheese and pasta. It's all about making smart decisions.