Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 04-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Sakura Sunday 2013 - Philadelphia

Sakura Sunday, run by the Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia (JASGP), celebrates the blooming of the sakura (cherry blossom) trees in Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park. For a five dollar donation, attendees can enjoy musical performances, martial arts demonstrations, crafts, vendors, food, tours of Shofuso Japanese house, and more! It’s a great way to celebrate the coming of Spring!

Zenkaikon will have a booth at the festival and we would love for you to stop by! Check out our displays about anime, manga, and Japanese pop culture. Clips of various anime will be played throughout the day, and some tabletop games will be available for play. Stop by in your favorite cosplay and your photo might end up on the Zenkaikon blog or Facebook!

UPDATE! In addition, anyone who stops by our booth at Sakura Sunday in cosplay of a character from anime, manga, Asian video games, or other official Asian sources will be entered in a random drawing to win a free membership to Zenkaikon 2014! Drawing will take place at the end of Sakura Sunday

Cosplay Fashion Show

We are happy to announce that Zenkaikon will once again be hosting a Cosplay Fashion Show at Sakura Sunday! The Fashion Show will take place in the Gazebo area at 2:30 p.m.

Attendees are invited to dress as their favorite Asian anime, manga, and video-game characters to participate. The show is open to all ages and skill levels! There will be a fashion show display of all participants. Sign-ups for this event will take place both before Sakura Sunday (through the Zenkaikon website), and also at the Zenkaikon booth on the day of Sakura Sunday.

Cosplay must be of established characters from anime, manga, video games, and other official Asian sources. No original characters or original variations on established characters, please. This is not a competition, but an event to share the hobby of cosplay with the community. Handmade or purchased costumes are welcome to participate. Those under the age of 18 should have their parent’s permission to participate. Online sign-ups will be taken until Friday, April 12th, at midnight. Additional sign-ups will be taken at the Zenkaikon booth at Sakura Sunday.

Check in for those who sign up online, and additional signups will be taken at the Zenkaikon booth at Sakura Sunday from 11:00am – 1:00pm. The Fashion Show will take place in the Gazebo area at 2:30pm. All participants are asked to be at the Zenkaikon booth by no later than 2:00pm. There, Zenkaikon staff will get participants lined up, walk over to the event area, and prepare for the show. Participants who fail to show up for line-up will be counted as no-shows and will lose their place in the line-up.

Little Akiba – Vendors, Music, Karaoke, & More!

Our booth, our Anime/Manga Swap Meet, and the Fashion Show are part of Little Akiba — a brand new section of Sakura Sunday themed around anime, manga, and Japanese pop culture. Visit Little Akiba (located in the Gazebo area, along the main path from Shofuso to the sundial) to check out anime-themed vendors, J-pop music, karaoke, and more! (Read the full announcement with details about the new area on the Sakura Sunday website). It’s sure to be a lot of fun, so we hope you’ll join us!

To get the latest updates about the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival and Sakura Sunday, visit the Festival’s official website, or follow them on Facebook or Twitter.

See you on the 14th!
My Cosplay Website: www.gamergirlx.com
My Cosplay Facebook Page:
Just For Fun: Click here to help me grow my city
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

So who else will be there tomorrow?
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

CBS Philly got pictures of several cosplayers in their event gallery: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/pho.../#photo-399282
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
Sandninjer
Not a Ninja

Did anyone see the martial arts demos? I'm wondering if anyone took pictures. We were the ninja/ninjutsu scool. I'd love to see pics.
Sandninjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
Sandninjer
Not a Ninja

Just confirmed that I'll be there with my school again this year. Keep an eye out for us on stage at 11:30 if you're there.
Sandninjer is offline   Reply With Quote