Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 04-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
RogueSahara
Costume Engineer

Ottawa ComicCon 2013

Hello all! Ottawa ComicCon is just over a month away and I was wondering about who plans on going! I'll be going, cosplaying as Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls and my boyfriend will be Dipper!
So, what are your plans?

Unread 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
pandora2.0

Hi Hi! This is actually going to be my very first time cosplaying ever. I'll be doing a Pinkie Pie gijinka (My little Pony: Friendship is magic.)

I'm very excited about the whole ordeal, though I'm still trying to finish up parts of this darn costume. Though I have to say that I cannot wait! There are so many different cosplays that I would love to do in the future!

Thanks for making this thread though! I couldn't find anything for OCC for a while!
pandora2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
alicedear

I thought I'd replied to this...!
I'll be spotting all sorts of Mabel Pines(es?! :P) and Pinkie Pies and wondering if they're you two, now. XD Good luck with your first cosplay, Pandora, and most importantly, have fun!!

I was asked to go to this one by my cousin who lives close to Ottawa (I'm near Toronto), and I was excited, but then they announced Michael Shanks as a guest and I just about died. Super, super excited, now!!
Going, as in my signature, as Kat. Hopefully everything comes together for this...

Upcoming Conventions & Cosplays

Fan Expo - Helen Magnus (Sanctuary) & Samantha Carter (Stargate: Atlantis)
alicedear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
pandora2.0

HAHA! That is some serious awesomeness right there! Well I hope that we cross paths at some point because I would love to capture some Janeway epicness!!!

Sadly Jonathan Frakes pulled out at the last minute... We just got the announcement this afternoon T___T

But it truly is fantastic to see and chat with the few people who will be going this year! I was hoping to make an MLP group cosplay, but couldn't get enough people in. IN FACT, funny note, I managed to convince my Mom, Dad and a few of their friends to come out to their first con. And I almost had convinced my Mom to cosplay as Rarity. But then I realised that she might have more fun at her first con sans costume.

Still though, thank you! I always have fun. I'm normally the really casually dress girl with a camera, asking if I can take everyone's pictures. It's going to feel a little silly being on the other end. Heh heh

I'm sure things will come together nicely for you too! Cons always have a strange habit of helping things come together perfectly! And usually JUST in time XD
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
alicedear

I shouldn't be hard to spot: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3375889/
Come say hi if you find me!!

He always seems to do that... Well, not necessarily cancel, but his schedule gets reworked or something. :P

Ah, well you'll get to experience their first con with them; that's even more fun than a cosplay group, in my opinion. It's always a little bit priceless to watch people at their first convention, haha!

I'm always too nervous to ask people for photos. >.< I hope you enjoy your time on the other side of the lens!

ALWAYS just in time. XD This whole costume has just been a really bad idea and destined not to happen, but I'm hoping. Fingers crossed!

Unread 04-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
pandora2.0

That is one serious amazing costume! And I have a feeling it wont be that hard to spot ya! Hah hah.
It really is priceless! I can't wait. The one thing they are excited to see is some of the Steampunk costumes. I've told them all of the genre before, but I think it's one thing to talk about it, but something else all together when you actually get to see the people wandering around in those costumes. And Ottawa's Steampunk group never let down!!

Hahahah! I've never been nervous, especially about that kind of thing. My theory is that I only get the one chance to capture my adventures at the Con. I am always respectful and ask first. But it is like a picture scrapbook of my time there. I'll have my husband with me there this time, so that we can get really good candid shots of my parents and their friends ^__^

HAH! Those are always the best costumes worth making. I have always wanted to dress as Belle from Beauty and the Beast and that is turning into one HELL of a project. But I know that eventually it will all come together nicely. Perhaps years from now but still XD

But I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya in the meantime.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
alicedear

Aw, thank you! :3
Oh, it's certainly one of those things that you have to see in-person. I've never seen Ottawa's 'crew', but, generally, Steampunk aficionados never disappoint! I'm always floored by their costumes...

A very good theory, and I'm sure everyone appreciates it when you're courteous and don't 'stalker photo' them. :P That's so great that you take photos, though; I know I always have a little bit of regret coming home at the end of the day with no proof that the past few hours even happened. XD

Oh my goodness, that's quite the undertaking! Are you working on her ball gown or her town dress (or one of the other ones :P)? I wish you the best of luck on that!! I hope you post photos!

Baha thank you!!

Unread 05-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #8
MDA
Destiny Productions

First time going to Ottawa Comic Con. I'm just going for the Friday with some friends of mine so I'm being "End of Time" Female Master from Doctor Who. Happily my first Doctor Who cosplay And of course, I'd be a villain.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

AAAAAAAAHHHHH only a week until Con!! This will be my first Convention AND my first time cosplaying, so I'm going a little crazy on both excitement, and fighting against the time crunch. Luckily, I have Monday - Thursday off, I'm just worried I'm going to run out of time!

My husband and I will be there (only on Saturday, as I have to book off work for the occasion), he as Dr Zed and I as Moxxi from Borderlands - Can't wait! I'm sure it's going to be a blast!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
cosplaycalamity

I'll be there tonight! probably panicking because I haven't had time to do a makeup and wig test.

Ke$ha Danaerys ftw.

======= In Progress =======
Kureha - Shining Wind: 10% (drafting)
Khaleesi - A Song of Ice and Fire: 80% (wig and finishing)
cosplaycalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

I had an awesome time ALL DAY Saturday! I saw a few Cosplay.com peeps around, alicedear several times (though I was a bit too nervous to stop you to say hi Valenkeit from the Borderlands thread, and backstage at the Masquerade where I was hanging out with Calamity Hope everyone else had a great time!

I know more pics will be streaming in over the next couple of days, but I found a few albums so far:

Found alicedear and myself in this one - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...04287& type=1
About a million in here, including Calamity and my pair in the Masquerade - https://www.facebook.com/superflyj7/photos
And a nice shot of alicedear - http://www.flickr.com/photos/aneifer...57633451518357

Can't wait to see more

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
alicedear

LadyCrankypants: I definitely saw you a few times; your cosplay looked AMAZING!! You should have stopped me and told me you were from coscom, but I know that feeling, haha! I'm always too nervous to talk to people. XD
Thanks for posting the albums/photos, too!

There were so many amazing cosplayers and people at this convention, holy Hannah! Yesterday was so much fun that today is just a real letdown. :P

Unread 05-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
RogueSahara
Costume Engineer

Yesterday was fun! We didn't get asked too often for photos, but when we did, everyone was so excited and enthusiastic! I've been trying to find those photos online, but am having no luck I did find a picture of a Grunkle Stan from yesterday and am sad that we didn't run into him! Oh well. Sounds like you guys had a great time too!
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
pandora2.0

I only found two of you ~ Alicedear and Ladycrankypants! Mind you, I managed to come down with a migraine on both Friday and Saturday thus I didn't stay for long. But for my first con while cosplaying I have to say that I had A BLAST! I was delighted to see that other people dressed up from the Pony-verse and were just as eager as I for pictures! Which I will be uploading likely tomorrow~

I'm glad to see that you all had just as much fun as we did! Can't wait for next year!!
-J
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
mr.hurricane

I definitely saw Alicedear, you looked amazing! I was a bit overwhelmed hahaha, but it was my first con and I was super happy to just be there and surrounded by awesomeness. I didn't really take photos, and found myself a lot happier when I ran into people I knew. Being on my own was kind of lame hahaha.

So I've had a profile on this site since 2011 and I am finally being active! I bought a Kingdom Key replica during the weekend which seems to have finally pushed me into plotting out a costume! Is there much of a group online here, or anywhere I can chat more with the locals?
mr.hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote