Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > BlazBlue

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1201
Mish LexiiCHU~
A purrrrfect plaything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloelatti View Post
I'm going to be cosplaying Taokaka at Denver Comic Con and NDK '13, and I just have to wonder....
how the hell do you move around with those sleeves? I plan on sewing the backside of the sleeves with a slit, like the back of an envelope pillowcase, so I can get my arms out. But honestly, taokaka cosplayers, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.
Here's what I did~! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2709456/
Pretty much, left a bit of the front seams open and attached velcro so that I could use my arms~ c:
Mish LexiiCHU~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #1202
miloelatti
Self Proclaimed Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish LexiiCHU~ View Post
Here's what I did~! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2709456/
Pretty much, left a bit of the front seams open and attached velcro so that I could use my arms~ c:
!!! Thank you a ton! I think I'm beginning to make sense of how to get this cosplay together.
Just Be Friends/Answer Megurine Luka(Vocaloid)

Cosplays In Progress
Taokaka(BlazBlue) (0% done, to be debuted at DCC 2013)
Heather Mason(Silent Hill) (90% Done, to be debuted at DCC 2013)
Gumi Megpoid(Vocaloid) (10% Done, to be debuted at NDK 2013)
Princess Celestia(MLP:FiM) (0% Done, to be debuted at DCC 2013)
miloelatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #1203
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

HAY GAIZ SO UH..........I NEED YOUR HELP.

I'm planning on making Noel's outfit from Chronophantasma but I'm not sure about the skirt. It's blue with yellow at the bottom so I'm not sure what I should do for making it. Like do I get two different type of fabrics and put them together? Any and all help is appreciated. ;3; If you couldn't tell, I'm a sewing noob and have NO idea how most things work sewing wise.

Refffffffffff~
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
Dead Master [OVA] - Black★Rock Shooter
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #1204
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
HAY GAIZ SO UH..........I NEED YOUR HELP.

I'm planning on making Noel's outfit from Chronophantasma but I'm not sure about the skirt. It's blue with yellow at the bottom so I'm not sure what I should do for making it. Like do I get two different type of fabrics and put them together? Any and all help is appreciated. ;3; If you couldn't tell, I'm a sewing noob and have NO idea how most things work sewing wise.

Refffffffffff~
I'd say blue skirt with yellow bias tape around the bottom, same as the jacket/cape.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #1205
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I'd say blue skirt with yellow bias tape around the bottom, same as the jacket/cape.
OMG yeah bias tape exists! I forgot DERP. -w-;;; Thank you!
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
Dead Master [OVA] - Black★Rock Shooter
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #1206
Assiduity
xPresistent;

Question Celica A. Mercury

Hey guys!
I'm in some need of help!
My boyfriend and I have begun working on my Celica cosplay, but we've encountered a major issue; the wig.
I've been looking at two wigs from Arda, at least, and found two styles that would work, I think anyways, but we're uncertain which would better suit Celica. Aside from that, the color is a bit tricky. They have stated her hair is brown, but I'm debating between Spanish Brown or Maroon, but I think Maroon is a bit too red and not enough brown.
Here are the two wigs we've been debating between:
Jeannie or Jasmine

If anyone else has any other cosplay wig recommendations, feel free to let me know and in response to this, you can also message me on that as well.

Finally, here are some reference pictures of Celica.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/10wqzkn.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2i0t1n4.jpg
{ Serah Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) – 0% }
- - -
Other Sites I'm on:
- Deviantart ;
- ACParadise ;
- - -
"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same." - Elbert Hubbard
Assiduity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #1207
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Gosh, been a while since I've been on here.

@Assiduity: I would go with the actual in game art work, the concept art some times varies in colors. Since it is again concept art. I would probably go with the Jeanne since it looks like it might require less styling then again it's always better to have it to long then to short. Gives you more room for styling.

Despite years of making this I still haven't seem to have given up. Still continuing my Nu/Lambda cosplay. Only thing really changing is that we're changing it to a Boba Fett color scheme so I can match my Mando friends. This will come at a later date though, since I'm trying to get it to a con first before repainting.

Here are some pictures:

Floating Swords

Lower Leg

Upper Leg

hair piece

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru

Last edited by Endrea : 08-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #1208
Uerria
Costumer

Hi guys! I recently made a Facebook group for Blazblue Cosplayers to gather, chat and share. If you guys would like to join, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlazblueCosplayers

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #1209
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

Helllo guys : D I'm kind of in the middle of making V-13 right now I have cape partly done and wig started :>

and 2 more photos of it here http://hybryda.tumblr.com/post/67282735251

what do you think?

Next cosplay

Kid Loki | Batgirl | Nightcrawler | X-23
plans
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #1210
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

Ragna's Astral Heat scythe finally made it's debut at a con without any issues! The weight problem is still there but manageable. I need a shoot to do it better justice :<

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3458817/
Sin Kiske (Guilty Gear) - planning

2014 events: TGS 2014, STGCC '14, AFA '14

moonlit-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #1211
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

and it's done

here some stage photos of me as Nu 13 http://hybryda.tumblr.com/post/70922800343 There will be more, friend of my made few after event ^^

Next cosplay

Kid Loki | Batgirl | Nightcrawler | X-23
plans
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #1212
DivisibleByZero

Haiii~
So, I'm planning on (eventually, but hopefully soon!!) making a Taokaka cosplay~
I think Taokaka is absolutely adorable. ;u;
And, looking at many cosplays of her right now, I am already thinking about making the braids out of yarn, and maybe making an actual wig out of yarn?
And I'm thinking of making more than one color... Like, an original colored one, and maybe a pink and white one... Which means I should make the yarn wig removable from the hood, so it could be used for more than one...
But I have a question... How did you (anyone who has made a Taokaka cosplay) make her zipper pull thing?

Ah, I'm so excited, I totally want this to happen. ;u;
DivisibleByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #1213
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Thinking of doing a Taokaka cosplay sometime in the near future..
I wanna do a version with claws..Cuz I haven't really seen that in my local cons..Like making them retractable..Outta maybe plastic..Not sure how yet but yea..

Also, for you Taokaka cosplayers, how do you eat? Like I've never had a cosplay that involves both a hood AND a mask..I was thinking of having the mask be pretty stiff but not connected to my head at all, like connected to the actual hood, but no idea how..Then once I do that I also gotta figure out how to take it off to eat or drink..Any thoughts?

Assiduity, Not sure if you need help still on the wig, but it looks like the jeanie would do. The jeanie comes with a clip on so you get more thickness in the ponytail, as well as not having to do as much cutting as the jasmine..I know by experience on both..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #1214
DivisibleByZero

[quote=JasonTerror;4826294]Thinking of doing a Taokaka cosplay sometime in the near future..
I wanna do a version with claws..Cuz I haven't really seen that in my local cons..Like making them retractable..Outta maybe plastic..Not sure how yet but yea..

Also, for you Taokaka cosplayers, how do you eat? Like I've never had a cosplay that involves both a hood AND a mask..I was thinking of having the mask be pretty stiff but not connected to my head at all, like connected to the actual hood, but no idea how..Then once I do that I also gotta figure out how to take it off to eat or drink..Any thoughts?
QUOTE]

If I was you, for the claws, I would use plastic for the claws, of course, and either make some thing that you could pop them in the paw so they could lock in, or, keep the claw holes open and make separate like pillows to fit into the sleeve, with the claws already in it, so they can just slip through the holes.

For this second part, I was thinking about this, too. I personally would make small holes in the armpits of Tao's jacket, just big enough for your arms to fit, so you can slip them out so you can grab things or whatever. For the mask, I would probably take an actual mask mold and make one that is rounded, and maybe put like a mesh inside of a few layers of the mask that are red for the eyes and then the white for the mouth, and put them where your actual eyes and mouth are. Then when you make this, just paint it black, and maybe do the whole surgical mask method for attaching it to your face, so then you can wear it for pictures or whatever and still breathe in it, but you can take it off for leisure. Or, you could do the two strings on each side that tie in the back, so that when you slip it off, you can keep it tied together and you can hang it around your neck.

I hope this helped!
DivisibleByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #1215
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
If I was you, for the claws, I would use plastic for the claws, of course, and either make some thing that you could pop them in the paw so they could lock in, or, keep the claw holes open and make separate like pillows to fit into the sleeve, with the claws already in it, so they can just slip through the holes.

For this second part, I was thinking about this, too. I personally would make small holes in the armpits of Tao's jacket, just big enough for your arms to fit, so you can slip them out so you can grab things or whatever. For the mask, I would probably take an actual mask mold and make one that is rounded, and maybe put like a mesh inside of a few layers of the mask that are red for the eyes and then the white for the mouth, and put them where your actual eyes and mouth are. Then when you make this, just paint it black, and maybe do the whole surgical mask method for attaching it to your face, so then you can wear it for pictures or whatever and still breathe in it, but you can take it off for leisure. Or, you could do the two strings on each side that tie in the back, so that when you slip it off, you can keep it tied together and you can hang it around your neck.

I hope this helped!
Yea that was my thought..I hope I can do then that way..I will need a structure, I know that much haha. I', thinking having it so my hands hold comething inside like a handle on the "paws" area, then have thaem what I can flick my wrist and force them out. Then push them back in. No real set ideas yet though..But yea plastic was my idea..

Yea I like that idea, but like I said, I was hoping to have the mask attached to the hood..I can't breathe very well at all with anything on my face like that. Even wearing one of those white halloween masks, or whatever, even though most people can breathe, I can't..So I didn't want it actually touching my face..But if I HAVE to I can do that..I have clay I can make it out of is I have to go that route..And for the arms, I already got that covered. I'm doing what most do and making the front seams have velcro.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote