Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Hetalia Cosplayers?

I know sometime ago someone held a "Hetalia @ -insert theme park here-", and I would love to do something like that this year.

Maybe like a 4th of July cook out, or a mall trip(cus cosplaying in public is a blast lol) or we could completely rip off that idea :P
tehe.

Anyway I currently live in central VA, but I'm original from Norfolk. So even tho a Richmond meet up is more doable for me, I wouldn't be opposed to doing something down by the beach.

So is anyone up for it? :-D

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
meepstio
jini;♥

a lot of hetalia cosplayers in the 757 area has down sized (or converted to homestuck really).. the last time I had a hetalia meet up only like 6 people showed up but that was last year. . >_< I could imagine how many would show up this year.
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Oh wow o.o

I was hoping with season 5 just starting a few weeks ago that some people would get the urge to cosplay Hetalia again. I just don't get what people see in Homestuck.

Unread 03-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
AquaPenguin

I'm a Hetalia cosplayer- Canada to be exact (hoping to be other characters in the future). I live in the 757 area and would love to do some more meet-ups. The reason I don't get to go sometimes is money issues (like a couple years back there was the Busch Gardens meet, and I didn't have the money to go), transportation, or I just plain forget. However, with enough notice I should be able to make it to meets.
AquaPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Mangoesaregood8

If its over the summer, I might be able to do it. I live in Maryland, so I'm not toolbar away. I cosplay as Prussia, so if you would like me to join, I'm interested.
Mangoesaregood8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Ah, so would any of you be opposed to doing something this summer then?

If so, I would like a second in command.

Unread 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Toxic_Curiosity
Mega Cosplayer of Death

I would love too. Nothings happened for a while, which is so saddening.
also i wen to shobou con and more than half of the people were from homestruck. what is this show? I've never even heard of it. o.o
Toxic_Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Meriadie
Sylph of Time

Ack all the cosplayers in Virginia live in the Norfolk/ Hampton/ Virginia Beach area and I live all the way over here in Amherst ;~; and Homestuck is pretty cool, I think Hetalia and Homestuck should fandom hold hands like Hetastuck or something! ;~;
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadie View Post
I think Hetalia and Homestuck should fandom hold hands like Hetastuck or something! ;~;
I was thinking about doing a Hetastuck cosplay for some reason earlier today lol.

It's funny, I don't live too too far from you.

Unread 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
AquaPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Curiosity View Post
I would love too. Nothings happened for a while, which is so saddening.
also i wen to shobou con and more than half of the people were from homestruck. what is this show? I've never even heard of it. o.o
Homestuck, from what I understand, is a web-comic. I don't know too much after that though (aside from the main characters being trolls?)
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Toxic_Curiosity
Mega Cosplayer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPenguin View Post
Homestuck, from what I understand, is a web-comic. I don't know too much after that though (aside from the main characters being trolls?)
I wasnt even aware they were trolls. Guess i should look into it sometime. Thanks.
Toxic_Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
AquaPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Curiosity View Post
I wasnt even aware they were trolls. Guess i should look into it sometime. Thanks.
I only know because I've read something where they've been called "Homestuck trolls". I assumed they were some kind of demon or other type of monster...

But back to the topic at hand! Yes, a Hetalia meet-up sounds like an awesome idea~!
Even if the big meet-up we're talking about will be in the summer, do you think we should start planning were it will be and stuff now?
I'm not too familiar with the Richmond area (which would be more centralized), but if you'd consider Williamsburg for the meet-up, we could either do Colonial Williamsburg (there's a nice big lawn in front of the Governor's Palace plus the entire area itself is really nice; going inside buildings requires a pass, but you don't need to go in anywhere if you don't want to) or Busch Gardens (if you'd want to go on rides and such; this would require a pass though).

I'd also suggest Yorktown (because you have both the battlefield and the beach), but that's even further down than Williamsburg if you're coming from the western or northern part of the state.
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

I cosplay Fem!America. The one Hetalia event I went to was Hetalia Day a couple years ago.

The image I've always want to do was Beautiful World. Personally I'd like to do Hungary or Taiwan, but I think we could make a fun get-together out of it. Everyone shows up with a white t-shirt and the appropriate bottom depending on their character and we can decorate the shirts accordingly. Could be at a picnic ground or something where we can have food and games to go along with it (give time for the shirts to dry). Then take the photo at the end.

Edit: This could also carry over to other conventions where we can recruit missing countries (even those not in the image) and use it as a nice group photo.
I can also crop certain characters that people are interested in so they can see the design better).
Spencer Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

^ I really like that idea. Like a lot.

Let's do it. I gotta see when my Lithuania's coming back to the area, so she can join in x3

Unread 04-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
AquaPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Sisters View Post
The image I've always want to do was Beautiful World. Personally I'd like to do Hungary or Taiwan, but I think we could make a fun get-together out of it. Everyone shows up with a white t-shirt and the appropriate bottom depending on their character and we can decorate the shirts accordingly. Could be at a picnic ground or something where we can have food and games to go along with it (give time for the shirts to dry). Then take the photo at the end.
I love the picture and personally would LOVE to do a photo version of it! ^3^