Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #5551
sam vimes
A real live wire

I would be playing Bioshock Infinite, but our TV crapped out on us again. I really liked the ninety minutes I played, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #5552
BlooShine

I've been playing Final Fantasy XII, first time playing it. I adore it a looot! It's very different from X, which is the most recent one I owned before XII, but I like all of the differences.

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #5553
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I would be playing Bioshock Infinite, but our TV crapped out on us again. I really liked the ninety minutes I played, though.
D:

Feels bad man.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #5554
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just beat Gravity Rush's story. Just going after trophies and challenges.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #5555
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

--checking in--

In the last week, I've pretty much only played the PS3. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, Resonance of Fate, and Metal Gear Rising all got some screen time.
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #5556
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Beat Bioshock Infinite. Ending was mind-blowing, 10/10 will replay shortly.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #5557
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Leaving for Japan for 2 weeks on Friday so I've been kinda busy, also trying to take care of some reading. But I'm like 3/4 through BioShock Infinite and hope to finish it by tomorrow night!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #5558
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Beat Bioshock Infinite. Ending was mind-blowing, 10/10 will replay shortly.
The ending was AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Leaving for Japan for 2 weeks on Friday so I've been kinda busy, also trying to take care of some reading. But I'm like 3/4 through BioShock Infinite and hope to finish it by tomorrow night!
How are you enjoying Bioshock Infinite after playtesting it? I remembr before you said you saw some spoilers early because of work, so does stuff like that effect your view of this game? Or are you still enjoying it as much as you hoped?
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #5559
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
The ending was AMAZING
There were several audible profanities said by me as the Mrs and I watched it. My only problem with it is that this is probably the exception to story telling in video games, not the standard.

Unread 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #5560
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
There were several audible profanities said by me as the Mrs and I watched it. My only problem with it is that this is probably the exception to story telling in video games, not the standard.
I admit, I was a little teary-eyed during the ending. But yeah, I generally don't care about video game stories.

As for what I'm playing, I'm really really ridiculously super excited for the new show Defiance on Syfy. Well, it's going to somehow interact with the MMO shooter game that just came out, so I rented that and am attempting to play it. Attempting is the key word. After it spent maybe an hour trying to install the game and several patches, I couldn't even finish the tutorial level because the server went down. So I kept an eye on the server status on their website and when they said the servers went back up, I logged back in and did a mission or two, but then the next mission I was supposed to do didn't work. I mean, I'm supposed to kill all the enemies, but there aren't any enemies, just random goal markers floating above nothing. Other players kept walking up and trying to figure out what to do, but the mission was seriously busted and I can't progress in the game without completing that mission. Of course, if I abort the mission, then the enemies spawn lol.

So, I'm really hoping the show does better than the game lol
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #5561
MonkeyToe

Quote:
I admit, I was a little teary-eyed during the ending. But yeah, I generally don't care about video game stories.

As for what I'm playing, I'm really really ridiculously super excited for the new show Defiance on Syfy. Well, it's going to somehow interact with the MMO shooter game that just came out, so I rented that and am attempting to play it. Attempting is the key word. After it spent maybe an hour trying to install the game and several patches, I couldn't even finish the tutorial level because the server went down. So I kept an eye on the server status on their website and when they said the servers went back up, I logged back in and did a mission or two, but then the next mission I was supposed to do didn't work. I mean, I'm supposed to kill all the enemies, but there aren't any enemies, just random goal markers floating above nothing. Other players kept walking up and trying to figure out what to do, but the mission was seriously busted and I can't progress in the game without completing that mission. Of course, if I abort the mission, then the enemies spawn lol.

So, I'm really hoping the show does better than the game lol
I played Bioshock Infinite this weekend and finished it because I could hardly put it down. Saw some pictures of people Cosplaying it at Wonder Con and thought it was awesome.

My wife and I are also looking forward to Defiance, though I thought I read somewhere that the game had only gotten mediocre reviews. Hopefully the show is better and we'll see some cool cosplay come from it!
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #5562
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
I played Bioshock Infinite this weekend and finished it because I could hardly put it down. Saw some pictures of people Cosplaying it at Wonder Con and thought it was awesome.
I'm not suprised by the # of ppl who cosplayed BSI before it dropped, but yo, I'm laughing at the people who shipped Booker and Elizabeth.

As for Defiance, thanks for clarifying what it was. Given it's a Syfy joint, I give it a season before it's cancelled.

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #5563
MonkeyToe

Quote:
I'm not suprised by the # of ppl who cosplayed BSI before it dropped, but yo, I'm laughing at the people who shipped Booker and Elizabeth.

As for Defiance, thanks for clarifying what it was. Given it's a Syfy joint, I give it a season before it's cancelled.
Ha! THAT is hilarious. The real question is do you think anyone will STILL ship the two? >.> <.<

Weird.

As for it being a SyFy joint I take offense at that Syfy MOVIES are hori-bad, but I actually enjoy quite a few of their series. I watch Warehouse 13 and Alphas on that channel. My wife watches Lost Girl on it. I think these series are pretty good, and the trailers make the series look amazing.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #5564
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just platinum'd Gravity Rush. Might take a break to concentrate on cosplays.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #5565
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:

LOL yeah, I saw the thread on /cgl/ recently about cosplayers shipping those two before th game released. Awkward.

As for Syfy shows, I love their shows, but they do have a habit if canceling their shows. Alphas was canceled, by the way. As much as I like Warehouse 13, I'd be surprised if that got renewed for season 5.