Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
marylandcosplay
Homestuck Cosplayer

i weigh 119........
marylandcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
momomilk

I'm currently going on a diet myself. What I have set up is to only drink tea and water. Eating fruits and veggies. If I'm craving sweets (which I do cause I have a sweet tooth), is to eat fruits. I'm cutting my meal portions and not eating out too much. Took out all the junk food and I do a calorie count when I'm eating. Though this is just more of me reading the amount of calories and servings on the foods I eat and just keeping note of it in my head.

Next, is to work out at least 1 hour, 5 days a week doing cardio/weight lifting/abs. And this is hard for me, but trying to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night These are just simple stuff but I believe if you keep to eating healthy and working out, you can lose weight at a steady rate
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Drink plenty of water to stave off binge eating, if that's a problem for you. Eating a lot of lean protein (I prefer tofu, because it's cheap and absorbs whatever flavor you throw at it) and filling up on vegetables (and fruit) will leave little room for you to snack on junk, and you'll lose weight as well as feel more energized because you're getting the nutrients your body needs.

The best weightloss/getting healthy tip I've recieved is to replace junk food with healthy things little by little. If you eat a sliced cucumber first but you still want chips, chances are since you've already filled up on the cucumber you won't eat nearly as many chips as you would have on an empty stomach.

And obviosuly don't forget to exercise! You should try to stretch about three times a day, thouroughly, to improve flexibility. It only takes about 5 minutes a session. And if you find running/jogging to be particularily daunting (I know I do.) try walking. You burn as many calories walking a mile as you do jogging, it just takes a lot longer to reach that mile. Walk 2 miles a day and you burn about 200 calories, and it'll add up.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote