Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

View Poll Results: Which days would be good for a gathering?
Friday 14 46.67%
Saturday 12 40.00%
Saturday 9 30.00%
Sunday 7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #46
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer
 
Shagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
I'll be going as Sakuya
__________________

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
day 4 (6th) Not Cosplaying.
I'll be at the Tales Gathering on the 5th!
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #47
Bloominsakura
Cosplay Lover
 
Bloominsakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
hey you could put me down for Lu caith sith leader
Bloominsakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #48
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,882
ill be there as lyfa along w friends doing kirito, silica, yui, asuna, and lisabeth all in the sao outfits! cant wait to come!
__________________
Cosplays~~~~~~
Anime and Kpop cosplaying is life~
KCON:
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #49
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~
 
Kotarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alve View Post
ey Kotarou I'm planning on being silver crow. would you still want to combine these animes?
I don't know how many Accel World cosplayers there will be, but I think we should combine the two. There is also a crossover fight between Silver Crow and Kirito, so it would be fun to have pictures of a fight like that during the gathering.
__________________
FB Cosplay Page, Twitter, Tumblr


Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays


Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #50
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~
 
Kotarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
So, I know this is going to be a long shot, but are there going to be any Fairy Dance Arc characters that would be willing to join up with me for part of the day, since I'll be cosplaying as ALO Kirito?
__________________
FB Cosplay Page, Twitter, Tumblr


Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays


Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer
 
Shagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou View Post
So, I know this is going to be a long shot, but are there going to be any Fairy Dance Arc characters that would be willing to join up with me for part of the day, since I'll be cosplaying as ALO Kirito?
my friends and I are going as Sakuya, Alisha Lu and ALO Agil!
__________________

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
day 4 (6th) Not Cosplaying.
I'll be at the Tales Gathering on the 5th!
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #52
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~
 
Kotarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
While I'll still probably go to the gathering, I need someone else to lead the gathering because I feel like there are other people more suited to lead this gathering. If anyone is interested in hosting, let me know on the Facebook event page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagami View Post
my friends and I are going as Sakuya, Alisha Lu and ALO Agil!
What day(s) do you plan cosplaying them and do you mind me joining you three?
__________________
FB Cosplay Page, Twitter, Tumblr


Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays


Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer
 
Shagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou View Post
While I'll still probably go to the gathering, I need someone else to lead the gathering because I feel like there are other people more suited to lead this gathering. If anyone is interested in hosting, let me know on the Facebook event page.



What day(s) do you plan cosplaying them and do you mind me joining you three?
most likely the date of the gathering, I also plan to be wearing mine while in the day 0 badge pick up line.
Not sure about my friends though. Right now the Alishu Lu cosplayer isnt sure if she will make it for the gathering. her work is being stubborn about giving her the days off, and the ALO Agil might only wear it for the gathering. so you can put him down for AFL Agil as well shagami's friend lol
__________________

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
day 4 (6th) Not Cosplaying.
I'll be at the Tales Gathering on the 5th!
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #54
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~
 
Kotarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagami View Post
most likely the date of the gathering, I also plan to be wearing mine while in the day 0 badge pick up line.
Not sure about my friends though. Right now the Alishu Lu cosplayer isnt sure if she will make it for the gathering. her work is being stubborn about giving her the days off, and the ALO Agil might only wear it for the gathering. so you can put him down for AFL Agil as well shagami's friend lol
I guess I'll keep in contact with you then as AX gets closer!
__________________
FB Cosplay Page, Twitter, Tumblr


Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays


Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #55
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer
 
Shagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
My Sakuya is almost completed
__________________

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
day 4 (6th) Not Cosplaying.
I'll be at the Tales Gathering on the 5th!
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #56
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,882
i can still help if you need
__________________
Cosplays~~~~~~
Anime and Kpop cosplaying is life~
KCON:
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #57
Hakaider
Sith Happens..
 
Hakaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,155
@Kotaru:
Just as a suggestion & recommendation...

If you cannot host this gathering, you really should start looking for a suitable replacement to host it, as soon as possible. (You've already stated that you cannot host it at the SAO Cosplay Facebook page.) SAO is extremely popular right now, so you really shouldn't be surprised at the number of responses to the thread. (If you simply can't handle a large group, I would recommend giving it to someone else, or avoid picking an extremely popular cosplay subject.)


AX will put up a Cosplay Gathering list online this year. They are also asking the host to submit the time, location & dates, so they can make it official.

The current Cosplay Gathering list can be found here, and this is where each of the Cosplay Gathering event can be submitted:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=313579


Being the host of a cosplay gathering means taking responsibility, and ensuring that the gathering takes place smoothly and as scheduled. If the host cannot make it due to unforeseen circumstances, it would be best to find a suitable replacement host, as soon as possible.

I also noticed that you have been trying to host quite a number of cosplay gatherings for this year. My recommendation is to stick to just one gathering. One is plenty enough, and you don't want to get overwhelmed with hosting too many cosplay gatherings.


animenerd has volunteered to help. Perhaps you can give him the reins over to him or to someone else, and have them start another SAO thread? (You can always PM animenerd if he wants the job.) Keep in mind that AX is just a few months away, and AX would need to put this on their Cosplay Gathering list very soon.


I'm a big fan of SAO, and I don't want to see this gathering lose it's spot on the Cosplay Gathering list, just because a replacement host was never found. Please don't let this thread hang, without a replacement host.

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-12-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #58
Kotarou
Nico Nico nii~
 
Kotarou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
@Kotaru:
Just as a suggestion & recommendation...

If you cannot host this gathering, you really should start looking for a suitable replacement to host it, as soon as possible. (You've already stated that you cannot host it at the SAO Cosplay Facebook page.) SAO is extremely popular right now, so you really shouldn't be surprised at the number of responses to the thread. (If you simply can't handle a large group, I would recommend giving it to someone else, or avoid picking an extremely popular cosplay subject.)


AX will put up a Cosplay Gathering list online this year. They are also asking the host to submit the time, location & dates, so they can make it official.

The current Cosplay Gathering list can be found here, and this is where each of the Cosplay Gathering event can be submitted:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=313579


Being the host of a cosplay gathering means taking responsibility, and ensuring that the gathering takes place smoothly and as scheduled. If the host cannot make it due to unforeseen circumstances, it would be best to find a suitable replacement host, as soon as possible.

I also noticed that you have been trying to host quite a number of cosplay gatherings for this year. My recommendation is to stick to just one gathering. One is plenty enough, and you don't want to get overwhelmed with hosting too many cosplay gatherings.


animenerd has volunteered to help. Perhaps you can give him the reins over to him or to someone else, and have them start another SAO thread? (You can always PM animenerd if he wants the job.) Keep in mind that AX is just a few months away, and AX would need to put this on their Cosplay Gathering list very soon.


I'm a big fan of SAO, and I don't want to see this gathering lose it's spot on the Cosplay Gathering list, just because a replacement host was never found. Please don't let this thread hang, without a replacement host.
Some time back when that cosplay gathering thread was created, I submitted a time and place for the gathering. So, that has already been dealt with. The gathering is going to be at noon on Day 1 at the West Hall Entrance.

I will admit that I should have dealt with finding a replacement more quickly, so I will deal with all of that tomorrow.

That being said, the reasoning for me wanting to relinquish the hosting position was partially because of stress and partially because of more pathetic reasonings (related to not having concrete plans with a group or pair, jealousy, etc.). I could go further about this, but I've been writing about this way too often and I don't want to annoy more people about this, especially in gathering threads.

I created this gathering just after the previous Anime Expo because I liked Sword Art Online, despite being the type of person that shouldn't be leading gatherings (shy, timid, etc.). And yes, I never imagined how big it would be. I also thought by now, I would be able to have set plans with a group.

I am not used to someone giving me a lecture about this here and I'm not used to being lectured about cosplaying multiple times a day, but I do deserve all of this. All of these excuses I have given are just excuses and I should have done something about it much quicker and I'm sorry that I haven't been quick about this.
__________________
FB Cosplay Page, Twitter, Tumblr


Current Cosplays
Current Crossplays
Future Cosplays
Future Crossplays


Next Cons:
Castle Point Anime Convention
AnimeNEXT
Anime Expo
Otakon
Kotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #59
Hakaider
Sith Happens..
 
Hakaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Some time back when that cosplay gathering thread was created, I submitted a time and place for the gathering. So, that has already been dealt with. The gathering is going to be at noon on Day 1 at the West Hall Entrance.

I will admit that I should have dealt with finding a replacement more quickly, so I will deal with all of that tomorrow.

That being said, the reasoning for me wanting to relinquish the hosting position was partially because of stress and partially because of more pathetic reasonings (related to not having concrete plans with a group or pair, jealousy, etc.). I could go further about this, but I've been writing about this way too often and I don't want to annoy more people about this, especially in gathering threads.

I created this gathering just after the previous Anime Expo because I liked Sword Art Online, despite being the type of person that shouldn't be leading gatherings (shy, timid, etc.). And yes, I never imagined how big it would be. I also thought by now, I would be able to have set plans with a group.

I am not used to someone giving me a lecture about this here and I'm not used to being lectured about cosplaying multiple times a day, but I do deserve all of this. All of these excuses I have given are just excuses and I should have done something about it much quicker and I'm sorry that I haven't been quick about this.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend you, or put you down, but my main point is simply that a host replacement should be found quickly since AX is less than 3 months away. Sometimes things happen, and there are always unforeseen circumstances that would make a host step down. (And there's nothing wrong with that when that happens.)

As for cosplaying multiple times a day, you can cosplay as many times as you want. My main point was not how many times that you can cosplay a day, but that I was recommending to slow down a bit on trying to host multiple cosplay gatherings. Hosting one cosplay gathering already does take a lot of time & effort. (I've hosted cosplay gatherings before, and I wouldn't want to do more than 2 cosplay gatherings. I do not want to see you get overwhelmed in this.)

But as I've said before, the main point now is that a suitable host replacement should be found quickly, and a new thread be made for SAO as soon as possible. (AX is right around the corner.)

If anyone wishes to step up to the plate, and volunteer to be the host for SAO, perhaps you could PM Kotaru for the position?

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-12-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #60
Sakura_no_hime
Derpsauce User
 
Sakura_no_hime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Another Asuna Present! ^^
My friend may either go as Kirito or Klein, idk for sure
Sakura_no_hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.