Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #46
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagami View Post
I also plan to be at the SAO gathering as well
Along with Tales of Gathering, which i think they said the 6th
Which happens to be my birthday.

If I cant find out how to make the mask, I think ill wear my nyanko-sensei jacket xP
Your birthday? Well, working around the Tales Of gathering will be my gift to you. ^_^
Thanks for the input!

I'm going to try to make my mask out of paper mache and a balloon.
But even if you come in just a Sensei jacket, that'd still make a great photo. Especially if you hold our big pile of Sensei plushies! *o*

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #47
kazumas

I recently got my Book of Friends together so now I'll be a happy Natsume with my book and Nyanko-sensei, hehe.

AX will have LOTS of Nyanko-senseis in the dealer's hall to buy. I saw plenty last year and with more NY merchandise coming out, there will probably be lots of plushies to get this year too. It's hard to find the normal Nyanko-sensei plushie (not to mention that one tends to go from anywhere between $35-50 cause it's the most popular one). The ones I mainly saw at AX were Nyanko-sensei with food, or scarves or other little accessories. But at least they are still cute and work. ; u;

Even though I have all my cosplays planned out, right now none of them are part of gatherings so I'm fine with whatever day you guys want as of right now. Of course, I'll let you know if something comes up. But for now I'm pretty cool with whatever day you guys want to pick. ; u;
Though initially I wanted to wear Natsume on either Thursday - because at least I won't melt standing in line for my badge - or Sunday. But if you guys choose either Friday or Saturday, I'm fine with that too.
- Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Sugawara Koushi (Haikyuu!!)
kazumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
SL3661

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticdragon3 View Post
Really? I saw sooo much Sensei merchandise from ALA2013. ...But I think I only went into their dealer's hall on the first day. Maybe they sold out really fast? o.o?
I must be blind then and missed out on getting him :[!! I'll be sure not to miss out on him at AX lol.
SL3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #49
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

depending on the weather that day, Day 0, I might wear Reiko or Sakuya from SAO. It might most likely be Sakuya, since my friends and I are doing a group cosplay, but we'll be at the westin so i can always go change and comes back and hang out with people. We are checking in the the 3rd.
I was told to use a light fabric that mimic's paper, I have some left over bridal satin from my .hack Aura cosplay Im gunna mess with to see what I can get.
and thank you for trying to work around the Tales of gathering <3

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
day 4 (6th) Not Cosplaying.
I'll be at the Tales Gathering on the 5th!
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #50
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazumas View Post
But for now I'm pretty cool with whatever day you guys want to pick. ; u;
Though initially I wanted to wear Natsume on either Thursday - because at least I won't melt standing in line for my badge - or Sunday. But if you guys choose either Friday or Saturday, I'm fine with that too.
Thanks for being so flexible. ^-^

Quote:
and thank you for trying to work around the Tales of gathering <3
You're welcome. ^_^ I'll try my best.
It looks like the Tales Of gathering is hoping for Day 3/Saturday/July 6th, though they're not officially set for that day yet.

Some of you have expressed interest in the Sword Art Online gathering. That is set for Day 1/Thrusday/July 4th at noon.

As for me, I'm going to try to attend the Hetalia, Kingdom Hearts, and Inuyasha gatherings. But Hetalia has a gathering available for each day, and Kingdom Hearts and Inuyasha both do not have forum threads up yet. If I have to, I'll try mid-day cosplay changes so the Natsume gathering will not be constrained to avoiding those 3 gatherings' days.

So far, to avoid conflicting with the Tales Of and Sword Art Online gatherings, our Natsume gathering should be on Fri/day2/July 5th or Sun/day4/July 7th.

If this is _really_ a problem for people, then we can try scheduling Natsume for same day but different times than those other gatherings.
Please post if you're willing or unwilling to do a mid-day cosplay change.
(Hopefully, we can leave this as a last resort.)
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #51
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

I think Friday is a good day. But I am willing to do mid-day changes.
I am also trying to decide if a .hack gathering would good to host, but it's popularly hasn't been high in the last few years and last time I tried, no one was intersted

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

Ok Well, my cosplay is almost complete, just need socks and maybe the Yuujincho and the mask
Yay and its coming so close =D

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
I think Friday is a good day. But I am willing to do mid-day changes.
I am also trying to decide if a .hack gathering would good to host, but it's popularly hasn't been high in the last few years and last time I tried, no one was intersted
Please let me know if a .Hack// gathering happens and I'll try to work around that.

Listing out this group's other gathering interests, so far, Friday and Sunday seem to be the free days to choose from.

-----Thurs/day1/July 4-----
Sword Art Online
12pm noon
@ West Hall entrance
-
Hetalia
5pm
@ [undecided location]
-
Kingdom Hearts: Organization XIII
6pm
@ [undecided location]
-----Fri/day2/July 5-----
Hetalia
5pm
@ [undecided location]
-----Sat/day3/July 6-----
Tales Of
?am/pm?
@ outside West Hall behind Concourse
-
Hetalia
5pm
@ [undecided location]
-----Sun/day4/July 7-----
Hetalia
11am
@ [undecided location]

I think I'll go over to the unofficial gatherings list right now and stake out Friday. Thanks for the input! (But if anyone wants to change this, please let me know, and I'll tell the gatherings list thread.)

What time do you guys want to try for?
I'm not a morning person and takes forever for me to put on cosplay, so no earlier than 11am would be best for me. I tried checking the AX program schedule to avoid conflicting with any interesting events, but they haven't got a schedule up yet.
Please let me know of any time preferences. Thanks! ^o^

Last edited by mysticdragon3 : 04-16-2013 at 10:04 PM.
mysticdragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #54
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

I think Friday would be best
right now .hack is looking like its not happening at all
I guess I have my hands full anyway
^^
hmm as time i have no idea. maybe in the later afternoon? A lot of my favorite natsume images are based in late afternoon like after 4?

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #55
kazumas

Friday sounds good to me too!
I'm also not a morning person, so I agree with the no earlier than 11am stuff. xD

I like Shagami's idea of 4pm. You get good lighting at 4pm and it's enough time to hang out, take gathering photos and not worry about it getting dark on us. c:
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #56
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

especially since LA, in summer around that time, sun wont set until 8ish We should have plenty of time and light.

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

Hello, So based on what I have seen so far for the Natsume gathering based on images and being there the location for the gathering should be Lindsay Plaza, it is the only place within the con center that has grass and trees, however since that place can also be used for buses and other things I dunno how it might work out.
either 3 or 4 o'clock sounds good, however if people have meets that might go on at 5, 4 might cut it too close. so we can always change it to maybe 345 or 330.

These are just suggestions:
Another Area that we might be able to go to is farther away from the con center is the Maguire Gardens over by 5th street and flower st near the Westin. and also a little garden place that is connected to the Westin via the bridge near the US bank.
Those are that I can see via images and google maps and from being down there, of course these locations might be too far away even by shuttle for those who want to make other gatherings.

sorry if i sound too pushy or something

AX 2014:
Day 0 (2nd) Aura
Day 1 (3rd) Natalia
Day 2 (4th) Aura
Day 3 (5th) Natalia
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
kazumas

I think so far a lot of us are interested in meeting up at the Lindsay Plaza. It's a pretty nice and spacious area, so I think we might still be able to manage even if there's bus business here and there. Also, considering how we don't have a huge group (yet anyway), we'll probably be okay?

The Maguire Gardens looks really nice! Although I'm kinda on the edge about it? According to google maps it'll be about a 15-20 min walk from the convention. So I'm kinda worried about the ones in our group that have more elaborate cosplays and so walking through the heat might be exhausting? Or maybe that's just me 'cause I'm really bad with heat, haha. But since I'm going as Natsume, I would be fine with walking since my cosplay isn't a big deal. c:

And you're not sounding pushy! I like all the ideas you have since I haven't been in that area much, so I'm not good at suggesting anything~
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #59
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

3pm was also a suggestion I was going to make. I just recently remembered that my brother's Fullmetal Alchemist gathering is Friday at 5pm, and he'd like it if I video'ed his gathering. If our Natsume gathering was at 4pm, I think I'd feel a little too rushed to get through our gathering. That wouldn't be fun.
So, yes. I vouch for 3pm. Everyone okay with that?

I would also like to consider Lindsay Plaza, for the grass and trees. Don't worry about foot traffic from the buses; it usually doesn't interfere with any cosplay gatherings there. But it is a popular cosplay gathering location. In an earlier discussion, we had some concern over how crowded it may be.

But kazumas is right. Our little group's versatile size just may enable us to fit in anywhere we choose. ^_^ Besides, according to the current unofficial gatherings list, the biggest gatherings going on Friday are Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Bleach. Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach usually don't use Lindsay Plaza, so I doubt they'll compete with us for space. Hetalia often uses Lindsay Plaza and is almost always the biggest gathering of crowds, but they don't start until 5pm. Another good reason to start our gathering earlier, farther away from 5pm.

I'm doubtful that we should take the gathering location off the convention area. That would just make it too hard to reach other events in time, after the gathering. Not to mention, it may make it difficult to arrive to the Natsume gathering on time. Regardless of whether a complex cosplay may make walking slow, 15-20 minutes is still a lot of con to miss, just travelling.

Don't worry about being "pushy", Shagami. ^_^ Your suggestions are good, and I value the input.
In fact, the more people who give input, the better. ^_^
Speaking of which, thank you, kazumas, for your continued input. ^_^
Smilies all around! ^o^
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #60
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

More gatherings are starting to claim their times/locations at the unofficial gatherings list, so I'm going to submit our time/place before it gets taken.

Fri/day2/July5 @ 3pm @ Lindsay Plaza.

If this turns out to be too much of a conflict, please feel free to continue discussions, and I'll have this changed.
Thanks to everyone for their input! ^o^