Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
 
Flora88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,462
Boyfriend only eats pizza...?

Okay, so...my boyfriend literally only eats pizza.
No chicken. No scrambled eggs. No pork. No fish or seafood. He'll eat a steak on occasion, but not often. No vegetables (unless you count corn, which I do not.) Barely any fruits (apples, bananas, grapes.) And lots of carbs. He'll eat mac and cheese. He'll eat pasta. On a good day he'll eat a pb&j, but it's mostly carbs. Especially pizza.
Pizza all the time, but just pepperoni pizza.
Specifically, two Lean Cuisine pizzas a day, with some carb-laden snack in between.
I have no idea how he's not dead or sickly by this point, and I'm a bit concerned for him.

It does affect his body. He's always had a tiny paunch (I mean, what else is his body going to do with all those carbs?) but lately he's started running every day, and while he's getting thinner, he is losing muscle tone, probably due to the lack of protein he's got going on.


My bodybuilder brother suggested that my boyfriend go on a protein powder supplement (he can drink all kinds of stuff...just, he's bad at eating things, for whatever reason.) But my boyfriend is concerned that he'll gain weight/fat.

Opinions?
__________________
Lady Kurenai

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
KitchenWench
Registered User
 
KitchenWench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
He can supplement all he wants but the way hes eats is not going to correct anything. It will not correct any under lying issues he doesn't know of yet health wise. Make him try new things. Switch his pastas to quinoa pasta for more protein. It is more healthier then wheat pasta. Run some spinach and basil in a food processor and mix it with his pasta. Avoid the ground beef and parm cheese he does not need it in his diet. He can also try spaghetti squash. It's a squash you can bake and when you scrape it with a fork it turns into noodles. Prepare it like you would with normal pasta (again no meat or cheese). Eating too much wheat in your diet actually causes the "beer belly". If he gets on a supplement I would highly recommend a good multivitamin like Vitamin Code. It is made with raw whole foods. Also look into Vega One protein shakes. He needs vegetables, and superfoods in his diet since his diet is poor. I would avoid conventional protein shakes even the stuff at the gym. Too many chemicals, animal proteins and not enough of the plant proteins your BF sounds like he needs.
KitchenWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
 
Flora88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenWench View Post
He can supplement all he wants but the way hes eats is not going to correct anything. It will not correct any under lying issues he doesn't know of yet health wise. Make him try new things. Switch his pastas to quinoa pasta for more protein. It is more healthier then wheat pasta. Run some spinach and basil in a food processor and mix it with his pasta. Avoid the ground beef and parm cheese he does not need it in his diet. He can also try spaghetti squash. It's a squash you can bake and when you scrape it with a fork it turns into noodles. Prepare it like you would with normal pasta (again no meat or cheese). Eating too much wheat in your diet actually causes the "beer belly". If he gets on a supplement I would highly recommend a good multivitamin like Vitamin Code. It is made with raw whole foods. Also look into Vega One protein shakes. He needs vegetables, and superfoods in his diet since his diet is poor. I would avoid conventional protein shakes even the stuff at the gym. Too many chemicals, animal proteins and not enough of the plant proteins your BF sounds like he needs.
The quinoa pasta sounds like a good idea! At this point, I think he's ready to try spaghetti squash (though I may have to tell him it's "a new kind of pasta" or something.)
The problem isn't that he's a picky eater. It's that he has a legitimate eating disorder (yes, it's an eating disorder, a rare one, and the name is freaky-long.) He's hyper-sensitive to taste and texture, and if something has a weird texture or taste and he tries to swallow it he will actually throw up. I've seen it happen.
But yeah. Quinoa pasta sounds good, so does the idea of processing fresh veggies into pasta sauce. He'll also drink fruit-based smoothies with healthy fruit in them.
But what should we try to do protein-wise?
__________________
Lady Kurenai

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
KitchenWench
Registered User
 
KitchenWench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Hemp seeds, greens, nut cheeses, flaxseed, quinoa, tofu, lentils, beans, tempah, sprouts, (there is also sprout bread), avocado, broccoli, peas, sweet potato, chickpeas, soybeans, peanut butter, nondairy milks, oatmeal.

You can make hummus, cashew cheeses ( I use my own cashew cheese on my own homemade pizza. If you want I can PM you the recipe so he can have something healthier then a freezer pizza or delivery)(BTW it tastes great still.) You can throw some hemp seeds in salads, or smoothies... Pine nuts are also great for salads or nut cheeses.

I'll also freeze bananas and blend them with peanut butter, rice/hemp milk, dates and some cacao powder. It is soooo delicious. That would be a great breakfast if he likes milkshake/smoothies.
KitchenWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
 
Flora88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenWench View Post
Hemp seeds, greens, nut cheeses, flaxseed, quinoa, tofu, lentils, beans, tempah, sprouts, (there is also sprout bread), avocado, broccoli, peas, sweet potato, chickpeas, soybeans, peanut butter, nondairy milks, oatmeal.

You can make hummus, cashew cheeses ( I use my own cashew cheese on my own homemade pizza. If you want I can PM you the recipe so he can have something healthier then a freezer pizza or delivery)(BTW it tastes great still.) You can throw some hemp seeds in salads, or smoothies... Pine nuts are also great for salads or nut cheeses.

I'll also freeze bananas and blend them with peanut butter, rice/hemp milk, dates and some cacao powder. It is soooo delicious. That would be a great breakfast if he likes milkshake/smoothies.
He could probably eat a few of those things blended into other things.
Thanks!
__________________
Lady Kurenai

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Hummus is crazy versatile and packed with good fiber, iron and Vitamin C (not the singer, that would taste awful). Since he's big on pizza to begin with, maybe try putting together a Hummus Pizza? Depending how it's 'topped' you could conceal that it's not tomato sauce under all that cheese and what not.

You could even put a layer of hummus down and top it with a paste made from tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and other veggie stuffs then top it with the 'normal' pizza stuff he likes. (Cheese, pepperoni, whatever)

I just really love hummus and more people should know that it's a jack of all trades and not regulated to looking plain and boring sitting on top of floppy pita bread.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,020
The smoothie route gives you a lot of options-- you could do fruit smoothies, or go more along the lines of V8 vegetable mixes.

Would you maybe be able to get him to eat the vegetables if they were added to the pizzas?
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • General Costume Repairs: 0% (Fixes) Otakon 2014
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
 
Flora88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
The smoothie route gives you a lot of options-- you could do fruit smoothies, or go more along the lines of V8 vegetable mixes.

Would you maybe be able to get him to eat the vegetables if they were added to the pizzas?
Only if he couldn't recognize that they were there. Blending the stuff together in a food processor sounds like the best option so far.
Poor guy.
__________________
Lady Kurenai

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Only if he couldn't recognize that they were there. Blending the stuff together in a food processor sounds like the best option so far.
Poor guy.
Would it be possible to supplement the foods he already eats with things like protein powders and vitamin additives for drinks?
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Access
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,037
I went through a phase like this when I was younger, after watching TMNT or some cartoon like that, but it didn't last too long.

But I remember my parents feeding us these homemade pizzas from time to time, you would buy the crust (it was called 'boboli' or something like that) and add meat and other stuff like peppers, in the center, top it with cheese and bake it like a pizza.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
This is probably the only time I will ever enter the fitness forum.

I have been working on my own diet, trying to incorporate more fruits, whole grains, fish, etc. I'm trying to give my kiddo a balanced diet and set a good example, so eating wholesome food on the regular is a big priority right now. I do believe supplements are exactly that, supplemental, and not intended to replace nutrients you're not getting from your regular diet. Here's how I've been training myself to eat nutritious yums:

-adding vegetable purees to things I will already eat is pretty easy and surprisingly effective. Blander things like squash and root veggies-- carrots, parsnips, etc-- and beans are good for starters. The green stuff has a distinct taste that's much more detectable. If the idea of prepping, steaming, pureeing, and storing all that stuff sounds like a chore, go out and buy up a bunch of stage 1 baby foods, check for the kind that has no additives. I like Earth's Best organics, they're pretty affordable. So if you are making mac and cheese, throw some butternut squash puree in with the sauce. Pasta or pizza? Mix carrot into the tomato sauce. If he eats anything with barbecue sauce, hot sauce, whatever, throw it in there, too. Add a little bit at first, then start increasing amounts as his taste buds adjust. I own both Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious, which I purchased for myself, and while I find a lot of it obnoxious and don't love the notion of "tricking" your family, the recipes are good and you may need to use the "what you don't know won't hurt you" tactic in this case. I can PM you some recipes if you want to try something out.

-CHOP THINGS UP SMALL. I would absolutely not tolerate spinach or zucchini, but I found that I could manage, say, an orzo salad with finely diced zucchini or southwestern egg rolls with spinach chopped up real small. It didn't bother me if it was mixed in with other things I liked, like cheese and spices and carbs, and not big obvious chunks. Now I still get grossed out by, like, a plate of creamed spinach or a pile of steamed zucchini, but I eat much larger portions of them and can have much bigger pieces when they're part of a dish. That might help solve texture/taste issues-- if they blend in, he might have an easier time handling them.

-Quinoa is pretty great. It's a complete protein and tastes nice and carby, similar to couscous. I find it more accessible in terms of taste and texture than a lot of whole-grain things out there.

-Quesadillas forgive a multitude of sins.

-If he wants his Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza, that's cool, but try to get him down to one a day, replace the other with either a home-cooked pizza where you have more control over the ingredients and quality, or some other dish that's better for him. Pizza is kind of nutritionally complete if you go easy on the cheese and oil and bump up the veggies. See if he will consent to a side, like apple slices with peanut butter or cheese. There are plenty of meals where the toddler eats a PBJ, chicken nuggets, or some other thing that's not really the most wholesome, but if he eats it with grapes or carrots or other fresh foods I am content.

-Basically all this stuff amounts to baby steps. Start small, and let him work his way up slowly. It'll take time, so patience is key. I know you're not gonna rag on him for eating what he wants to eat, but really positive reinforcement and encouragement help a lot.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
 
Flora88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
This is probably the only time I will ever enter the fitness forum.

I have been working on my own diet, trying to incorporate more fruits, whole grains, fish, etc. I'm trying to give my kiddo a balanced diet and set a good example, so eating wholesome food on the regular is a big priority right now. I do believe supplements are exactly that, supplemental, and not intended to replace nutrients you're not getting from your regular diet. Here's how I've been training myself to eat nutritious yums:

-adding vegetable purees to things I will already eat is pretty easy and surprisingly effective. Blander things like squash and root veggies-- carrots, parsnips, etc-- and beans are good for starters. The green stuff has a distinct taste that's much more detectable. If the idea of prepping, steaming, pureeing, and storing all that stuff sounds like a chore, go out and buy up a bunch of stage 1 baby foods, check for the kind that has no additives. I like Earth's Best organics, they're pretty affordable. So if you are making mac and cheese, throw some butternut squash puree in with the sauce. Pasta or pizza? Mix carrot into the tomato sauce. If he eats anything with barbecue sauce, hot sauce, whatever, throw it in there, too. Add a little bit at first, then start increasing amounts as his taste buds adjust. I own both Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious, which I purchased for myself, and while I find a lot of it obnoxious and don't love the notion of "tricking" your family, the recipes are good and you may need to use the "what you don't know won't hurt you" tactic in this case. I can PM you some recipes if you want to try something out.

-CHOP THINGS UP SMALL. I would absolutely not tolerate spinach or zucchini, but I found that I could manage, say, an orzo salad with finely diced zucchini or southwestern egg rolls with spinach chopped up real small. It didn't bother me if it was mixed in with other things I liked, like cheese and spices and carbs, and not big obvious chunks. Now I still get grossed out by, like, a plate of creamed spinach or a pile of steamed zucchini, but I eat much larger portions of them and can have much bigger pieces when they're part of a dish. That might help solve texture/taste issues-- if they blend in, he might have an easier time handling them.

-Quinoa is pretty great. It's a complete protein and tastes nice and carby, similar to couscous. I find it more accessible in terms of taste and texture than a lot of whole-grain things out there.

-Quesadillas forgive a multitude of sins.

-If he wants his Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza, that's cool, but try to get him down to one a day, replace the other with either a home-cooked pizza where you have more control over the ingredients and quality, or some other dish that's better for him. Pizza is kind of nutritionally complete if you go easy on the cheese and oil and bump up the veggies. See if he will consent to a side, like apple slices with peanut butter or cheese. There are plenty of meals where the toddler eats a PBJ, chicken nuggets, or some other thing that's not really the most wholesome, but if he eats it with grapes or carrots or other fresh foods I am content.

-Basically all this stuff amounts to baby steps. Start small, and let him work his way up slowly. It'll take time, so patience is key. I know you're not gonna rag on him for eating what he wants to eat, but really positive reinforcement and encouragement help a lot.
This is super awesome and informative.
I never even thought about baby food.

Wow, this really IS like trying to get a kid to eat. It's crazy.
I was proud of him today. He had a kiwi smoothie.
KIWI! That weird, hairy fruit that looks like a testicle! And he drank it with little to no trouble!
He can do it, definitely. I just have to understand how best to help him. And these suggestions totally help, everyone. Thanks!
__________________
Lady Kurenai

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
emmisu
King of Toast
 
emmisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 440
If he likes smoothies, try using silken tofu as a smoothie base! It has loads of ant-oxidants and protein and just absorbs the flavors of everything around it. Plus silken has a similar texture to yogurt, almost impossible to tell apart!
Tofu is the cheapest protein per-ounce that exists.

Spirulina powder also makes a great healthy addition if the color wouldn't put him off. It will turn anything a dark green/brown color but you can mix it with pizza sauce so it can't be seen under cheese. It also goes great in juices and smoothies.
Spirulina is a huge anti-oxidant power food, it's the powder version of a green sea algae.


Best of luck, I've had to deal with picky people before, and while this isn't exactly the same, it has similar issues. Just don't create a trust issue with food lol.
__________________
Bronycon 2014
Otakon 2014

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
gr33kbo1
Gunner
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
This is a post copy & pasted from a Quora question (I would link the website but you need an account to view the content - I highly recommend you all do #NotThePoint)

Quote:
Warning a rant is about to start. Here's the truth about food (yes, I will answer your question towards the end):

At the end of the day, calories are calories. If you burn 2000 calories a day, and you eat 3000 calories a day. You'll gain weight. It doesn't matter what kind of food you ate for the 3000 calories. Calories are calories.

There's no such thing as miracle food or superfood, period. Food is food; some is better for you; some is not, but we need to stop thinking of food as magical, because it isn't. IT'S JUST FOOD.

Food is broken up into macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Each one of these macronutrients is essential for humans to live healthy. All macronutrients are caloric.
Each macronutrient is broken up into subcomponents. Fats have different types of saturation: saturated and unsaturated. Carbohydrates have the different lengths of chains: simple and complex. Protein is pretty much just protein. Here's the secret: none of them are inherently bad. NONE OF THEM!

Nutrition is not about avoiding macronutrients, e.g. High Fat/No Carb, No Fat/High Carb … nutrition is about the right balance and proportion. We already know what that proportion is for the "average" person. It's written on every single nutrition details label on food containers. This information is not hard to find. Is it perfect FOR YOU? It might not be, but it's probably in the ballpark if you are fairly average.

Nutrition is about context! The proportion of nutrients is contextual, and what's perfect for one person, may not be right for another. The average person should start with the standard proportion mentioned above. Then, adjust if for differences in activity. If you are highly (lots of aerobic activity) active throughout the day, eat a more carbohydrates, if very sedentary eat less carbs. If you carry out activities that likely "tear down" your muscle tissue (e.g. repetitive heavy lifting), increase your protein a bit. Your fat intake doesn't need to be altered, except for some special cases.

Food is also broken down into micronutrients. I'm not going to list these out as that's beyond the scope of this post, but let's just use the terms vitamins and minerals. These too are essential to life, but none of these are magical either. Micronutrients are non-caloric.
Here's where a lot of people get it wrong: all nutrients have a point of diminishing return! Let me say that again, just because a certain nutrient helps regulate a certain activity within the body, more of that nutrient doesn't equal more of that activity. Once your body has the optimal amount of a nutrient, rather micro or macro, you body doesn't utilize the excess. If it's a macronutrient, it may just store the excess as fat. If it's a micronutrient, it will most likely be excreted out of you.

Now that you know the above, here's some information on assessing food for nutrition:
Rather than thinking in the terms of micro and macro, vitamins and minerals, saturated fats and unsaturated fats, poly versus mono, simple versus complex … STOP! Think in terms of two things: Calorie Dense and Nutrition Dense.

Some food is Calorie Dense and Nutrition Poor (e.g. potato chips, soda, candy, fries). Some food is Nutrition Dense and Calorie Poor (e.g. broccoli, spinach, strawberries). Now, some food is both Calorie Dense and Nutrition Dense. This will answer your question.

Avocados are both Calorie Design && Nutrition Dense. Does this make it a bad food or a good food. Neither, it's just food. Again, let's look at context.

If you burn 2000 calories a day, and you've already eaten 2000 calories so far, the 300 calorie guacamole will add too many calories to your intake. In this context, it's not an optimal choice. Yes, the fat in avocados is a healthier fat than say saturated fat from beef, BUT IT'S STILL FAT!

Now, if you are eating that avocado because of the nutrient properties, then you need to adjust your diet so that extra calories is not pushing you over the limit. If you modify your diet to accommodate that additional calories, then you're fine. Or, if you can't modify your diet, get the nutrition from a less calorically dense food. Again, there's nothing special about avocados.

In contrast, say you're vegen, and, because of this diet, you eat a lot of nutrients, but your calories are too low, an avocado is going to be a great choice. In other words, avocados are a good way to get both calories and nutrients, but you have to keep in mind that you get both. It's a two sided coin and you can't ignore the calories just because it's nutritious.

So the moral of the story is assess a food by the Calorie Density and Nutrition Density. Stay away from Calorie Dense, Nutrition Poor foods. This is where the term "empty calories" is used. What you want to eat are Nutrition Dense foods.

At the end of the day, you want to meet your calorie needs (not exceed), while optimizing your nutrition intake. If you fill your diet full of Calorie Dense, Nutrition Poor food, then you'll meet your calorie needs before you'll meet your nutrition needs.

Does that make sense?

Now, with all that being said, I want to mention that I agree with Russell Jurney and respectfully disagree with Jessica Van Sickle Chavez. There's only one thing that is inherently fattening: calories. Any food can be fattening if you eat too much of it.

Let's talk sugar for a second. Sugar, a simple carbohydrate, when assessed in isolation of its context is perfectly healthy and normal, completely benign. But, let's add context.

Say 200 calories of sugar was consumed from a soda. What's happening there? You added 200 calories to your diet, but didn't add any nutrients. Nutritionally, now you're behind. But, let's say that 200 calories of sugar came from a bowl of fresh berries in milk. Well, that's a different story. You increased your sugar and calorie intake, but your also increased your nutrients as well. Good job!

See how I did that? You can't look at sugar, fat, protein, vitamins or minerals in isolation of context. NONE OF THEM ARE INHERENTLY BAD. It's all about context, proportion and calorie/nutrient ratio.
It looks like your are concerned, and I posted this because I am concerned that people are giving advice about things they don't fully understand. If your boyfriend is going to start drinking protein shakes, he isn't going to magically sprout muscles. He is going to have strength train for months.

If you are truly concerned about his diet and exercise plan then see a nutritionist.

P.S. Corn is a vegetable
gr33kbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
wahsohkwiios
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
If he likes french fries you can try experimenting with making fries out of sweet potatoes, zucchini, or carrots. If he doesn't react well to something then try making it into something else. Considering his disorder he probably hasn't tried too many things and cooking them in different ways makes everything's taste and texture different. I agree with Gr33kbo1 though, you should take him to see a nutritionist before getting him on any sort of diet/exercise plan.
wahsohkwiios is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.