Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

View Poll Results: What time should the gathering start?
Morning 3 75.00%
Noon 1 25.00%
Afternoon 0 0%
Other (comment please) 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Strawbers
Professional Herp Derper

Smile Oi, Ossan!! GINTAMA Gathering AX 2013

Hello everyone!!!

As a neophyte cosplayer of the Gintama series, I was very sad to see there was no gathering organized this year at AX 2012. I messaged Shichikou-senpai and apparently she no longer lives in California and cannot organize any more gatherings at AX, therefore I would like to take the initiative to organize a gathering for next year! (although it's very early still...) I heard there are a lot of unspoken traditions/random events that go down in Gintama gatherings, so veteran Gintama gathering goers feel free to help if I get anything wrong orz.

I was thinking about some games (like the hammer and helmet one, I happen to have a safety hat) and a potluck (seeing from previous posts there's always food at Gintama gatherings XD). Leave a comment for food/game suggestions!

UPDATE: Sorry for not updating this post for so long, school and such taking a lot of time. But AX is less than a month away so I thought now is a good time to get this post going again, added a poll for time time. Keep your comments and suggestions coming!

FINAL UPDATE!!!The meeting time is set at 11:30 AM on Sunday July 7th!! I will try to bring some ice cream over there so everyone can have some and just generally chill out/do some Gintama-related activities. PLEASE BRING SOME FOOD/SNACKS TO SHARE IF YOU CAN! Of course there will be photo-op time, but I also think that it'll be great to do something else rather than just taking photos

INFO
--------------------------------------------

DATE: 4th day Sunday 07/07
TIME: ~To be decided~
LOCATION: West Hall entrance (subject to change if there's something like X Games this year again... OTL;; )

FOOD

Me - FREE ICE CREAM GET IT WHILE IT LASTS

GAMES

Hammer Helmet Rock Paper Scissors
Improv Games (Indian Chief game, etc.)
Radio exercises (via Shinpachi?)

CHARACTERS

Yorozuya
Sakata Gintoki - Strawbers, Mr.CosplayHero

Shinsengumi
Kondo Isao - sovietpowered

Kiheitai
Abuto - BetwixtReality

Others
Gedomaru - karenmelx3
Yagyuu Kyuubei - rinnyai

Last edited by Strawbers : 07-06-2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Updated list for people attending
Strawbers is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
qingyin

I'm going for sure!! ^_^b I'm not sure who I'll be though LOL
Anime Los Angeles 2013

Planning to Attend

Anime Expo 2013
qingyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Strawbers
Professional Herp Derper

It's ok V! Just hit me up when you decide. (If anything you can just be Kagura again sicne you made such a cute Kagura lol <33)
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
kaientai
AHAHAHAHA!

awwww so awesome =) this is hana, by the way XD i'm definitely going to cosplay gintama next year but like vicky i've yet to decide who...i'll probably be kagura, zura, or sacchan though. i'll also base my choice off of who ren and vicky choose too xD I CAN BRING FOOD TOO
kaientai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
mayora13

Yeah I'm going for sure!!!!! Yeah idk who I'm going to be next year haha, it depends on who's being who... I'm probably going to have more than one character though so I was thinking I'd be either Takasugi, Kamui, Okita, Gintoki or little Gintoki ^-^ I'll bring some food too! Ichigo Gyunyuu!!!!!!!! Let's do a radio taiso!! with Shinpachi leading it!!
mayora13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Strawbers
Professional Herp Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaientai View Post
awwww so awesome =) this is hana, by the way XD i'm definitely going to cosplay gintama next year but like vicky i've yet to decide who...i'll probably be kagura, zura, or sacchan though. i'll also base my choice off of who ren and vicky choose too xD I CAN BRING FOOD TOO
Awww yeah, just tell me what you'll probably bring and I'll put you up on the list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayora13 View Post
Yeah I'm going for sure!!!!! Yeah idk who I'm going to be next year haha, it depends on who's being who... I'm probably going to have more than one character though so I was thinking I'd be either Takasugi, Kamui, Okita, Gintoki or little Gintoki ^-^ I'll bring some food too! Ichigo Gyunyuu!!!!!!!! Let's do a radio taiso!! with Shinpachi leading it!!
Mayora13 are you Ren? Anyway, careful if you're bringing strawberry milk, you might get attacked by Gintokis lol. Radio taiso? like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS92XkVKM0Q ? If that's the case I think I actually have a Shinpachi who can lead it hahaha.
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
sovietpowered
Frequent Lurker

I came as Sena from Eyeshield 21 this year at AX, though my friend was Shinpachi. We were at the Shonen Jump gathering. But next year, there's a pretty good chance I'll come as Kondo. You should be able to count us in.
sovietpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Strawbers
Professional Herp Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovietpowered View Post
I came as Sena from Eyeshield 21 this year at AX, though my friend was Shinpachi. We were at the Shonen Jump gathering. But next year, there's a pretty good chance I'll come as Kondo. You should be able to count us in.
AWESOME!! It's rare to find Kondo cosplayers lol, I'll add you in. Tell me if your friend is going to do Shinpachi again
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
qingyin

I'LL MOST LIKELY BE TAKASUGI, butterfly san ;w;.
Anime Los Angeles 2013

Planning to Attend

Anime Expo 2013
qingyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
yorozuya00
Veteran Hero

Oiiiiiiiii. Straw! YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT COUNT ME IN HAHAHAHAA (this be KingOfSadism on dA, but everyone calls me Kaitoki or Sensei LOL). I'LL BRING FOOD TOO. STRAWBERRY POCKYYYYY. Oi oi, but I still gotta pick who I'm gonna be for the gatherin' though I'm doin' 5 Gintama cosplays next year (cosplayin' two in one day) and it's pretty hard choosing between: Shinsengumi!Gintoki, White Ninja!Gintoki, Clone!Gintoki, Modern!Gintoki and Gura (Male!Kagura). But I'll let ya' know who I end up pickin' to cosplay for the gathering
yorozuya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
BetwixtReality

l'd love to join this! I'll probably cosplay Abuto or Isaburo Sasaki, most likely though Abuto since that one is already done! Can't wait for this!
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #12
Mr.CosplayHero
Yorozuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorozuya00 View Post
Oiiiiiiiii. Straw! YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT COUNT ME IN HAHAHAHAA (this be KingOfSadism on dA, but everyone calls me Kaitoki or Sensei LOL). I'LL BRING FOOD TOO. STRAWBERRY POCKYYYYY. Oi oi, but I still gotta pick who I'm gonna be for the gatherin' though I'm doin' 5 Gintama cosplays next year (cosplayin' two in one day) and it's pretty hard choosing between: Shinsengumi!Gintoki, White Ninja!Gintoki, Clone!Gintoki, Modern!Gintoki and Gura (Male!Kagura). But I'll let ya' know who I end up pickin' to cosplay for the gathering
LOL This is Kaitoki-- Just changed accounts. And ya' can count me bein' Sakata Gintoki for the gatherin'!
Mr.CosplayHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
karenmelx3

I will be cosplaying Gedomaru for this! > v < ) bbbb
karenmelx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
rinnyai

I'll be cosplaying Kyuubei!
Urabe Mikoto (Nazo no Kanojo X)
Yagyuu Kyuubei (Gintama)
rinnyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #15
Strawbers
Professional Herp Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetwixtReality View Post
l'd love to join this! I'll probably cosplay Abuto or Isaburo Sasaki, most likely though Abuto since that one is already done! Can't wait for this!
Awesome! Got you updated on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.CosplayHero View Post
LOL This is Kaitoki-- Just changed accounts. And ya' can count me bein' Sakata Gintoki for the gatherin'!
Nice, we can be nose picking together hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmelx3 View Post
I will be cosplaying Gedomaru for this! > v < ) bbbb
Gedomaru is super cute! Looking forward to that, got you on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnyai View Post
I'll be cosplaying Kyuubei!
Got it!