Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 303 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #7891
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!
 
RoninEclipse2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 298
Sakuracon is only 1800 miles away so... No

You REALLY should show off the helmet here Diegator.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #7892
FireSpyro
Foxhound
 
FireSpyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 207
Hey, I have only ever painted a plastic gun before, and that was very badly painting a camo gun black using acrylic paint about 5 years ago. I've found the xm8 kids toy gun for my partners Johnny cosplay only it's black. Any ideas on what I can use to paint it?

Also, I am looking for something similar at least to a desert eagle for my Meryl costume but preferabley not a bb/airsoft gun, I am looking for a kids plastic gun to be fair. I also think it will have to be in the UK as I dunno if customs may have a problem with it, most I've found online wont ship to the UK =(

Any help much thankies! =)
__________________
Heaven has no Rage like Love to Hatred Turned, Nor Hell a Fury like a Woman Scorned[/center]

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #7893
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair
 
supergeekgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,497
So who's going to be doing costumes from "The Phantom Pain" before it even comes out?
__________________
Cons 2014 - Ahn!Con | Kawa Kon | Wizard World St. Louis | Costume-Con | Marcon | Cosplacon | Dragon*Con | Archon | Chicago TARDIS
In Progress- Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale | Jonathan Strange from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell | Madeline Westen from Burn Notice
Misha's Costumes in Progress- Mr Norrell from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #7894
KeronSHB
Registered User
 
KeronSHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
So who's going to be doing costumes from "The Phantom Pain" before it even comes out?
I'd love to cosplay as motorcycle Big Boss, but I'm having trouble finding a motorcycle jacket with the collar style, zipper style, and diamond shoulders.

Ref pictures: http://i.imgur.com/iCKrOCv.png
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...92970227_o.png
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #7895
starnes82
Registered User
 
starnes82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
what you guy's think about the MGS 5 trailer?
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #7896
KeronSHB
Registered User
 
KeronSHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 119
Amazing. Really damn good work and I'm anticipating this game to be something to blow us out of the water (even more than the other MGS games).
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #7897
The Boss
Mentor
 
The Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSpyro View Post
Hey, I have only ever painted a plastic gun before, and that was very badly painting a camo gun black using acrylic paint about 5 years ago. I've found the xm8 kids toy gun for my partners Johnny cosplay only it's black. Any ideas on what I can use to paint it?

Also, I am looking for something similar at least to a desert eagle for my Meryl costume but preferabley not a bb/airsoft gun, I am looking for a kids plastic gun to be fair. I also think it will have to be in the UK as I dunno if customs may have a problem with it, most I've found online wont ship to the UK =(

Any help much thankies! =)
Normally I'd say acrylic spray paint+ clear paint to seal it. but if you want, you could also make a desert eagle out of paper(craft). pepakura is a free programm. it's really nice.
http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/desert-eagle/
__________________
Next Cosplay (2015):

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #7898
Diegator
User of Swords
 
Diegator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninEclipse2G View Post
Sakuracon is only 1800 miles away so... No

You REALLY should show off the helmet here Diegator.
Ok, but now I have pics of the whole thing, so here it is!

http://almightyramtha.tumblr.com/pos...er-got-contact

and

http://animuclub.tumblr.com/post/46785403417

If anyone finds more pictures, could you please let me know, either with a PM or a reply to this thread? Thanks!
__________________
Insert funny anime related comment here: ___________________
Diegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #7899
FireSpyro
Foxhound
 
FireSpyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Normally I'd say acrylic spray paint+ clear paint to seal it. but if you want, you could also make a desert eagle out of paper(craft). pepakura is a free programm. it's really nice.
http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/desert-eagle/
That's an awesome idea, I never thought of papercrafts, thank you! =D
__________________
Heaven has no Rage like Love to Hatred Turned, Nor Hell a Fury like a Woman Scorned[/center]

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #7900
The Boss
Mentor
 
The Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 523
@Diegator: That's one AMAZING Gray Fox. awesome job!

@FireSpyro: No prob Papercraft is awesome. did it for many small decorations I always wanted to own (some Zelda stuff etc)
__________________
Next Cosplay (2015):

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #7901
KeronSHB
Registered User
 
KeronSHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegator View Post
Ok, but now I have pics of the whole thing, so here it is!

http://almightyramtha.tumblr.com/pos...er-got-contact

and

http://animuclub.tumblr.com/post/46785403417

If anyone finds more pictures, could you please let me know, either with a PM or a reply to this thread? Thanks!
Amazing job! I have a question for you. How did you do the hands? I'm trying to do Biker Big Boss/The Phantom Pain Big Boss, but I'm at a loss on what I should do for his robotic hand.
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #7902
Diegator
User of Swords
 
Diegator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 101
The hands are a bunch of little "tubes" one for each finger

Kinda like this one: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ld-d5wlol1.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ld-d5wloqk.jpg
__________________
Insert funny anime related comment here: ___________________
Diegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #7903
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!
 
rj_sosongco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
Bitchin' Gray Fox, Diegator. Let me know how much a raw cast will be, and I'll buy one in a heartbeat.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #7904
KeronSHB
Registered User
 
KeronSHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 119
Thanks man. This helps big time.
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #7905
LLiekCake
King of Tick-Tock Town
 
LLiekCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
That Gray Fox....

hOLY
DAMN.

LLiekCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.