Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #331
Nefer
Silver fox

@Liliana: I already said so on msn a week ago, but once again, your health is more important than going to a convention, so get better girl and see ya at next ConG! ...as for AN2014, hey, it's going to be a blast and you know it, so better get some rest this year if it can help you with coming next year I'll also take lots of pics at the shoots to show you ^^

As for the helper issue, well we're 2 each day, it's not that bad really, I think we should be able to manage it, just gotta carry a bottle of water with me so I'm sure I won't lose my voice ^^ Let's just pray Murphy won't get in the way this year with hotel issues, like, you know...gaz alert like last year lol. *crosses fingers* I'll also give my cellphone number to the other helpers via PM near AN just in case, better be safe than sorry!

EDIT:
Ok, so I may have some news that aren't that fun as well... I currently have no way of getting to AN right now apart from taking the bus or the train in Mtl to Toronto and asking my parents very nicely to actually drive me to Mtl (and then hope I won't get lost from the Toronto station to the convention since I never took the bus or subway in Toronto). ...so... ...it means I may not be able to bring Sephiroth to AN this year, since masamune DOESN'T fit in a luggage (even my 'smallest' one is 6'2 long), and neither would the one wing without crushing it to death. I'll pretty much need to bring 'ConG friendly' cosplays to AN if that's the case (since I need to take the train to get to ConG as well every year). So to make it simple, Rosa yes, Sephiroth no.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)

Last edited by Nefer : 04-07-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #332
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Liliana: You need to take care of you. Your health is far more important than any con! But I will see you at Con-G

Ulty's wigs finally came in Got the one styled, and now to carve foam and put the hair to it. I still need my feathers though D8 The biggest part of the costume can't be done until they come in

Kuja's nearly done at least. Ribbons are all on, and all that remains is the broken armour for the neck and shoulders... straps... and finalizing the boots. Then adding more grime xD
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #333
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
@Liliana: I already said so on msn a week ago, but once again, your health is more important than going to a convention, so get better girl and see ya at next ConG! ...as for AN2014, hey, it's going to be a blast and you know it, so better get some rest this year if it can help you with coming next year I'll also take lots of pics at the shoots to show you ^^

As for the helper issue, well we're 2 each day, it's not that bad really, I think we should be able to manage it, just gotta carry a bottle of water with me so I'm sure I won't lose my voice ^^ Let's just pray Murphy won't get in the way this year with hotel issues, like, you know...gaz alert like last year lol. *crosses fingers* I'll also give my cellphone number to the other helpers via PM near AN just in case, better be safe than sorry!

EDIT:
Ok, so I may have some news that aren't that fun as well... I currently have no way of getting to AN right now apart from taking the bus or the train in Mtl to Toronto and asking my parents very nicely to actually drive me to Mtl (and then hope I won't get lost from the Toronto station to the convention since I never took the bus or subway in Toronto). ...so... ...it means I may not be able to bring Sephiroth to AN this year, since masamune DOESN'T fit in a luggage (even my 'smallest' one is 6'2 long), and neither would the one wing without crushing it to death. I'll pretty much need to bring 'ConG friendly' cosplays to AN if that's the case (since I need to take the train to get to ConG as well every year). So to make it simple, Rosa yes, Sephiroth no.
Hmm, is it possible to ship the weapon?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #334
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Hmm, is it possible to ship the weapon?
Well yes, via the bus company itself actually, but it's $20 one way, so $40, and the weapon is also fragile considering it's a katana (so not as thick or wide as a normal sword). And there's also the one wing, so another shipment... I cannot afford it sadly, so I'll more than likely wear Setzer instead the saturday. Sephiroth will be delayed to the sunday of Otakuthon since I can go there by car (far closer from where I live), and probably wear my Otakuthon cosplay at AN instead.
...though I MAY be able to go by car to AN afterall with some friends (not confirmed yet, heard it this afternoon), but I do not want to fill their car with my props, I'm already grateful enough that I can avoid taking the public transport in Toronto with my big luggage. Now I'm just crossing my fingers I can get to the con before 4PM the friday so I have the time to settle in the hotel room and change into Rosa for the photoshoot (or even better leave the thursday, but I can't be picky here).

So my plans are now:
Rosa - CGI (FFIV) - Friday
Setzer - Amano (FFVI) - Saturday

...I won't be from FF sunday (I'll probably wear Ayame from Fruits Basket, aka I'll be the one shooting poses in a long silver wig and red/pink/green kimono), but hey, that means I don't need to be in any pics, aka I can take pictures to put on the thread. ...well, unless further notice, that's my plans anyway.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #335
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Looks like my friends most likely aren't going to cosplay (I still am, however) meaning we won't be attending the photoshoot, unfortunately.
Though I'm still excited to see all of your cosplays at the con! : D
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #336
teabeforecoffee

Super scared - first time at this particular convention as well as cosplaying (#cosplayingnoob) haha!

Going as Princess Garnet - Dagger/Casual dress (FFIX) all weekend . Just praying that I don't butcher her pendant Q.Q (lol!)

But with that aside - super psyched to meet you all and hopefully I don't get lost finding the mass numbers of FF cosplayers
teabeforecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #337
KuroiAisu

Don't be scared Anime north is awesome and so is everyone there *A* Glad to see another FFIX cosplayer.

Cosplay updates: So I got my body suits and they are perfect. The shades are so spot on. I got the wigs done and my leather is tooled, ready for sewing and painting.
KuroiAisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #338
teabeforecoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiAisu View Post
Don't be scared Anime north is awesome and so is everyone there *A* Glad to see another FFIX cosplayer.
FFIX was the first Playstation game I played so I thought I'd try to do it justice However, my dream cosplay would be Mint from Threads of Fate (LOVE her haha!) - I'll keep a lookout for a Blank costume though
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #339
Nickle4aPickle

Don't be scared! Everyone at AN is super nice. :3

Awesome, Kuroi! ^__^

I got a thing that'll hopefully work for my staff. It's gonna be a huge experiment. XD It's one of those extendable window washer things. Because we're traveling from so far away (it takes 6-8 hours to get to AN), I had to find something that could either be broken down or extends from a smaller length. After a lot of frustration with seeing extendable poles and what-not that started at the max length I needed, I finally found one that starts smaller and extends to the length I need it. ^__^

I'm just not sure if we're gonna be able to paint it, or when it is painted if it'll still telescope properly. >< Wish me luck! D:

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #340
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

I got my wig in!!!!
It's super awesome and it's perfect for Rikku! And it wasn't even that much either which is bonus!

My Rikku wig on

The only thing I need to figure out is getting the beads on to the braids but I will figure it out

SO EXCITED GUYS!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #341
Nickle4aPickle

Wow! That looks AWESOME! 8D

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #342
teabeforecoffee

Agreed!
Checked out your page and leave it grandmothers to save the day (the scarf haha!)
Looks good none the less
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #343
Yami Sasha
Random Negotiator

Posting kinda late here but i'm coming as Auron on Saturday and Snow (original FF13 style) on Sunday.
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #344
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

@ Nickle4aPickle THANKS! I wore it for an hour last night loves it so much XD

@ teabeforecoffee HAHA! I know she loves how I make costumes and she loved when I asked her to help!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #345
Shuda

Change of plans!

Can't get together the Zack cosplay in time anymore so I wont be able too.

HOWEVER, I will be Squall for 2 of the Photoshoots (Likely Fri/Sat). One day I will be in his SeeD outfit (still working on it) and the other I will be his regular FF8 attire (completed).

Is there any preference for which day I should wear what from you all? I'm open to suggestions ^^.
Shuda is offline   Reply With Quote